The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Dems ~ Republicans happy medium? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123849)

C3C7NIC 10-15-2020 7:39am

Dems ~ Republicans happy medium?
 
I've only been registered to vote since I was 18, so like 11 years. :rofl:
Actually 30 years.


Anyhoo, it seems that BOTH the left and the right are getting more and more extreme in their views, on both sides.


I have always been a "happy medium" person, and the divisiveness between the parties is reaching an absurd level that I think MANY Americans are fed up with. The parties seem more intent on fighting vs. making decisions based on the betterment of our nation.


Will a libertarian or independent EVER get into the WH? What say you?

z06psi 10-15-2020 7:42am

*50 years

MadInNc 10-15-2020 7:44am

1 Attachment(s)
Ya snorting Smarties?

Strats-N-Vettes 10-15-2020 7:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1813658)
I've only been registered to vote since I was 18, so like 11 years. :rofl:
Actually 30 years.
Anyhoo, it seems that BOTH the left and the right are getting more and more extreme in their views, on both sides.

I have always been a "happy medium" person, and the divisiveness between the parties is reaching an absurd level that I think MANY Americans are fed up with. The parties seem more intent on fighting vs. making decisions based on the betterment of our nation.



:skia:
Pipe down butch...

Dan Dlabay 10-15-2020 8:09am

Back in 92 when Ross Perot ran if he had not quit then come back he may have had a chance against Clinton and Bush.:cert:

Mike Mercury 10-15-2020 8:30am

Quote:

Anyhoo, it seems that .... the right are getting more and more extreme in their views...
I myself don't see that at all. Republicans are nowhere as extreme as they were in the 1960's and 70's.

What I do see is any right-wing extremeist is put front and center on CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and made to make it appear that the entire right is the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1813665)
Back in 92 when Ross Perot ran if he had not quit then come back he may have had a chance against Clinton and Bush.:cert:

true.

When it comes to third party that did the best in a Pres election... that was George Wallace; he won 5 states in 1968. No other third party candidate (in modern times) has ever carried a singe state.
Perot didn't even win his home state.

VatorMan 10-15-2020 8:34am

Still trying to see where Conservatives went extreme......nope can't see it.

What are you calling extreme on the right ?

dvarapala 10-15-2020 9:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1813658)
Will a libertarian or independent EVER get into the WH? What say you?

Dunno, but I'm gonna keep trying to put one there. :yesnod:

The_Dude 10-15-2020 9:16am

No

Mike Mercury 10-15-2020 9:35am

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1601799307.jpg

Rodnok1 10-15-2020 9:50am

Only way it'll happen is if the 2 parties are dissolved... Which needs to happen.

Mike Mercury 10-15-2020 9:55am

I've heard people complain about career politicians; and that this is the real problem.

Trump has been the first non-career politician we've had in a looooong time. He's not slick and polished like career politicians... and i kinda like that.

If you run into a Biden supporter, say:

"so you're now OK with career politicians then?"

VITE1 10-15-2020 10:01am

The problem has been growing for decades. What people fail to understand is the more you ask government to do the more they take and abuse. The ONLY way top reduce this is to get the money out of the hand of politicians. End all welfare from the bedroom to the boardroom. Demand the government spend based on revenue and not "Mandatory" bullshit. And we should demand term limits for the house and senate.

Mike Mercury 10-15-2020 10:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1813701)
The problem has been growing for decades. What people fail to understand is the more you ask government to do the more they take and abuse. The ONLY way top reduce this is to get the money out of the hand of politicians. End all welfare from the bedroom to the boardroom. Demand the government spend based on revenue and not "Mandatory" bullshit. And we should demand term limits for the house and senate.

:yesnod:

Just think if Trump gave a speech and said:

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country"

ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN:
"racist, bigoted, sexist, homophobe"






















https://i.pinimg.com/originals/50/a3...2b88047a5a.jpg

mrvette 10-15-2020 10:26am

MY only comment is, that I make Uncle Barry Goldwater look like a commie....


and I am VERY right in my wing.......:issues::seasix:

Millenium Vette 10-15-2020 11:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1813658)
I've only been registered to vote since I was 18, so like 11 years. :rofl:
Actually 30 years.



Anyhoo, it seems that BOTH the left and the right are getting more and more extreme in their views, on both sides.


I have always been a "happy medium" person, and the divisiveness between the parties is reaching an absurd level that I think MANY Americans are fed up with. The parties seem more intent on fighting vs. making decisions based on the betterment of our nation.


Will a libertarian or independent EVER get into the WH? What say you?

Dang, you old! :D

J/K

Conservatism by its very definition is not extreme. However the left tries to define it as such.

C3C7NIC 10-18-2020 6:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millenium Vette (Post 1813731)
Dang, you old! :D

J/K

Conservatism by its very definition is not extreme. However the left tries to define it as such.

Extreme groups on both sides> BLN, Antifa, Qanon etc.

z06psi 10-18-2020 6:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1814367)
Extreme groups on both sides> BLN, Antifa, Qanon etc.

QAnon sit behind keyboards.



So did Joe Biden make a deal with the Chinese to release the virus to crash the economy to get Trump out of office for positive trade actions?

Cybercowboy 10-18-2020 7:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1814367)
Extreme groups on both sides> BLN, Antifa, Qanon etc.

Qanon = extremists only in the minds of the demented left and their water carriers in the media. If you know a single thing about Q you'd know that much. Most people only think they know about Q because of what someone has told them, not what they have read for themselves.

When there is right-wing violence, it's the motive that matters and everyone on the right is forced to denounce said violence. When there is left-wing violence, the motive doesn't even get mentioned, the criminals are looked at as being a one-off, not part of any pattern or affiliated with any particular group, and no-one on the left is pressured to denounce the crimes.

That's it. Our institutions have been fully compromised by Marxists, from our universities to our media to Hollywood to public schools to Silicon Valley. This is on the left. What has the right done to be more radical? Stand up to the left? Hardly, they have acquiesced every time. Gay marriage? Unthinkable even 20 years ago, ask any dem politician and they'd say as much. Now you are literally Hitler if you aren't willing to be forced to celebrate their marriage and bake them a damn cake.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2021 The Vette Barn