The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   My House in Flight Simulator 2020 (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123420)

Datawiz 08-19-2020 12:48pm

My House in Flight Simulator 2020

2 Attachment(s)
This game is fun as hell. I've always been fascinated with flying and I've been waiting for this to finally be released. Time to order actual flight control devices so I can eliminate the keyboard. Flying with the keyboard SUCKS.

Gonna try and crash into my house. :lol:

Datawiz 08-19-2020 12:50pm

1 Attachment(s)
Missed my crash destination. Ended up on the brown house up the corner about 3-4 houses up. :rofl:

Jeff '79 08-19-2020 12:52pm

Skim the roofs and take out a bunch of 'em...

Amateur ! :lol:

Datawiz 08-19-2020 12:53pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1797947)
Skim the roofs and take out a bunch of 'em...

Amateur ! :lol:

You can still change the view after you crash. I suck at crashing. Can't hit my target yet.

Jeff '79 08-19-2020 12:54pm

:rofl::rofl: That's awesome !! :lol:

snide 08-19-2020 1:17pm

I expected the screenshots to be across all 36 monitors. :rolleyes:

Datawiz 08-19-2020 1:20pm

1 Attachment(s)
Took off from Fort Myers in a 747 and put it in auto pilot. Gonna let him fly me to Las Vegas to visit my mom. :lol:

Mike Mercury 08-19-2020 1:21pm

Quote:

My House in Flight Simulator 2020...
This game is fun as hell
be careful what you wish for...

https://kubrick.htvapps.com/htv-prod...-house-jpg.jpg

Datawiz 08-19-2020 1:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1797955)
I expected the screenshots to be across all 36 monitors. :rolleyes:

Works really well on monitors connected to the actual video cards, but those connected to the USB to HDMI don't have the processing power. I can spread it out, but it becomes useless. Next computer build will solve that.

JRD77VET 08-19-2020 7:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1797946)
Missed my crash destination. Ended up on the brown house up the corner about 3-4 houses up. :rofl:

:leaving:

sublime1996525 08-19-2020 10:30pm

Looks like a cool game!

bsmith 08-20-2020 7:24am

Apparently this is a new online bullying tactic.
People are sending screenshots of a plane crashing into other people's houses as "bullying". :crazy:

Mike Mercury 08-20-2020 8:04am

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3pXePXxfR...en%2Bright.jpg

Giraffe (He/Him) 08-20-2020 8:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1797960)
Works really well on monitors connected to the actual video cards, but those connected to the USB to HDMI don't have the processing power. I can spread it out, but it becomes useless. Next computer build will solve that.

Speaking that that, late last week my computer did it's automatic update thing. All seemed to go well until I launched my video editing software and was greeted with; Loadlibrary failed wtih error 126: The specific module could not be found. Then I attempted to open Photoshop and received the same message. Neither program would launch. :cuss:

I did what anyone without a 12 year old kid around would do, I hopped on the internet. One possible solution was to make sure I have the most current drivers for my video card. Off to AMD I went. I downloaded the most current drivers for my Radeon card and immediately lost my second monitor. As a matter of fact, the card didn't even show up in my Device Manager any longer. :banghead: NOW what? :island14:

I navigated over to Dell's website and reinstalled the original software and drivers my computer shipped with. About half way through the install my second monitor magically reappeared. :yesnod: I tried Photoshop and Premiere and both fully launched without the error. :yesnod:

At some point in the not too distant future I'm going to need a new computer as my current Dell struggles a bit with 4K video editing. The camera I'm eyeballing does 8K which will almost certainly be too much for my current setup. :spdchk:

Jeff '79 08-20-2020 8:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1798172)
Speaking that that,
At some point in the not too distant future I'm going to need a new computer as my current Dell struggles a bit with 4K video editing. The camera I'm eyeballing does 8K which will almost certainly be too much for my current setup. :spdchk:

I've had nothing but great luck with the refurbs from Newegg, and they're so cheap.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100019095%204016

Giraffe (He/Him) 08-20-2020 8:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1798174)
I've had nothing but great luck with the refurbs from Newegg, and they're so cheap.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100019095%204016

I'll have a look. I've had Dells for years and have generally been happy with them but damn they're expensive.

:cert:

Datawiz 08-20-2020 8:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1798172)
Speaking that that, late last week my computer did it's automatic update thing. All seemed to go well until I launched my video editing software and was greeted with; Loadlibrary failed wtih error 126: The specific module could not be found. Then I attempted to open Photoshop and received the same message. Neither program would launch. :cuss:

I did what anyone without a 12 year old kid around would do, I hopped on the internet. One possible solution was to make sure I have the most current drivers for my video card. Off to AMD I went. I downloaded the most current drivers for my Radeon card and immediately lost my second monitor. As a matter of fact, the card didn't even show up in my Device Manager any longer. :banghead: NOW what? :island14:

I navigated over to Dell's website and reinstalled the original software and drivers my computer shipped with. About half way through the install my second monitor magically reappeared. :yesnod: I tried Photoshop and Premiere and both fully launched without the error. :yesnod:

I've about had it with Microsoft updates. Microsoft updated GWiz's tower and the next morning, her mouse and keyboard didn't work. Did a system restore and it worked again. Windows updated again and again it didn't work. There was no fixing that. SO...reformatted the drive, reloaded the OS, reloaded all apps, and did every possible Windows update and it works perfectly. Microsoft has broken more than one of my machines and they force feed this shit down you're throat. They just forced Edge on everyone and it cannot be deleted. :issues:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snide
Get a Mac!

:issues:

Jeff '79 08-20-2020 8:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1798176)
I've about had it with Microsoft updates. Microsoft updated GWiz's tower and the next morning, her mouse and keyboard didn't work. Did a system restore and it worked again. Windows updated again and again it didn't work. There was no fixing that. SO...reformatted the drive, reloaded the OS, reloaded all apps, and did every possible Windows update and it works perfectly. Microsoft has broken more than one of my machines and they force feed this shit down you're throat. They just forced Edge on everyone and it cannot be deleted. :issues:

:iagree: No Mac in this house though.

Giraffe (He/Him) 08-20-2020 8:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1798176)

Not 100% positive about this but I believe you can turn off automatic updates which is the next thing I'll investigate.

I'm pretty good about backing up my photos and music to an external drive so I don't lose anything but an entire reformat is a hell I don't care to deal with.

Datawiz 08-20-2020 8:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1798178)
Not 100% positive about this but I believe you can turn off automatic updates which is the next thing I'll investigate.

I'm pretty good about backing up my photos and music to an external drive so I don't lose anything but an entire reformat is a hell I don't care to deal with.

No, in fact you cannot. You could in the past, but not anymore. I've tried this too. You can postpone updates for about a month, hell, you can even turn off the MS Update service in the service console, BUT, Windows magically heals itself at some point, turns the service back on, and then updates your computer and reboots, REGARDLESS of what's running...like my VMWare machine that runs an external site. And then it breaks that VM. That's MSFT. :issues: