The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Should I go to the gym this week? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121928)

Earthquake Driver 03-13-2020 4:17pm

Should I go to the gym this week?

Went to see my doctor today he told me not to go to the gym this week because of the virus The thing is I like going to the gym I enjoy going So you got to let me know should I stay or should I go If I go there could be trouble if I don't it could be double so you got to let me know should I stay or should I go.

And no I don't have anything good to sell :Jeff '79:

:waiting:

DAB 03-13-2020 4:23pm

can't you find something to lift up and put down at home?

FLEXjs 03-13-2020 5:07pm

We've been going every day. Not a single **** is given.

Saw this stupidity this morning:

https://i.imgur.com/tMUy44Q.jpg

Someone got a few of the sanitizing wipes from the dispenser (I've never used them once) and wrapped one on each handle and I presume used the other one to change the stack pin.

That is full potato in and of itself but why then leave that shit for someone else to pick up?

People are ****ed.

I hate them all.

'Cept you guys/gals.

Y'all I tolerate.

(barely)

:lol:

Mick 03-13-2020 6:12pm

I went today. There were 6-8 of us in the free weight room, and as far as I could see, we were the only ones in the whole facility. No one in the MMA studio, no one in the "personal trainer area", no one in the cardio area. I would have had to go looking in the pilates studio, yoga studio, and the other one that I don't know what it is for, so I didn't, but nor did I see anyone other than the small bunch of us free weight lifters wandering around.

FWIW: 2 of the free weight lifters today were women. Both visually familiar, so it was the regulars only. I hope they don't shut it down, I feel like I am just starting to turn a corner. :shrug:

FLEXjs 03-13-2020 6:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1741115)
I feel like I am just starting to turn a corner. :shrug:

Cool.

I am down 20 lbs in bodyweight as of yesterday. All my lifts are still good except my nemesis: bench.

Pulled a 585 deadlift on Wednesday and a triple at 495. I think the weight loss has helped my deadlift actually. I don't get winded near as much. Did 6 reps with 445 last week.

Everything else is business as usual....very happy with my choice to cut some weight this year (so far).

Rodnok1 03-13-2020 6:27pm

I chopped a couple trees down and put fence posts in. I'm gonna start a farm for youins need some hard work and I can get shit done for free. Have drainage ditch to dig, fences to string and 6 or 700 ft of trench to dig for power want to run. Lemme know when you're available, I'll pencil you in and get shovel ready.

Mick 03-13-2020 6:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1741119)
Cool.

I am down 20 lbs in bodyweight as of yesterday. All my lifts are still good except my nemesis: bench.

Pulled a 585 deadlift on Wednesday and a triple at 495. I think the weight loss has helped my deadlift actually. I don't get winded near as much. Did 6 reps with 445 last week.

Everything else is business as usual....very happy with my choice to cut some weight this year (so far).

I'm having a bit of a weight problem though. Weigh in today was 223.4, highest since I lost weight due to the diabetes diagnosis in 2011. I've been running 4x per week, and keeping the beer drinking down the last 5 weeks, I don't feel like I am eating any more either, but I am still up 3-5 pounds. :shrug:

FLEXjs 03-13-2020 6:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1741129)
I'm having a bit of a weight problem though. Weigh in today was 223.4, highest since I lost weight due to the diabetes diagnosis in 2011. I've been running 4x per week, and keeping the beer drinking down the last 5 weeks, I don't feel like I am eating any more either, but I am still up 3-5 pounds. :shrug:

3-5 lbs is ****-all. Could be water retention.

Amazing how much beer affects our weight at our age.

When I was young I could drink as much as I wanted and I ate like a Viking and never gained weight as long as I was lifting regularly.

Now.....not so much.

Mick 03-13-2020 6:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1741136)
3-5 lbs is ****-all. Could be water retention.

Could be. Wife says she thinks it's allergies, I might be allergic to Iron.

Quote:

Amazing how much beer affects our weight at our age.

When I was young I could drink as much as I wanted and I ate like a Viking and never gained weight as long as I was lifting regularly.

Now.....not so much.
While I don't doubt any of that is true, I purposely substantially REDUCED my beer intake and increased my running 5 weeks ago because I was having a blood pressure problem. :shrug:

FLEXjs 03-13-2020 6:54pm

Are you drinking lots of water every day?

I went to zero beers during the week and I drink lots of water instead.

Cut my lunches from dinner size to small breakfast size.

Barely feel hungry and dropping weight effortlessly with no cardio....so far....

Earthquake Driver 03-13-2020 7:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1741147)

Barely feel hungry and dropping weight effortlessly with no cardio....so far....

Not a fan of cardio myself I keep looking for something I like but it's all so boring

FLEXjs 03-13-2020 7:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthquake Driver (Post 1741156)
Not a fan of cardio myself I keep looking for something I like but it's all so boring

Exactly.

Unless it's 'bedroom cardio' I'm not interested.

Mick 03-13-2020 7:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1741147)

I'm diabetic, I'm always thirsty. Yes, I drink lots of water.

Actually, that is maybe the biggest thing about working out with weights now, compared to 30 years ago. I make sure to drink 16-24 oz. of water before I leave for the gym. Regardless, as soon as I start working out, I get incredibly thirsty. They have a decent water fountain, but I can only handle a couple of swallows at a time due to being out of breath, and/or, feeling "waterlogged" if I drink more than that. But I drink a ton when I get home.

higgyburners 03-13-2020 8:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1741119)
Cool.

What are you weighing in at Flexi

FLEXjs 03-13-2020 9:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by higgyburners (Post 1741205)
What are you weighing in at Flexi

275 on the nose as of yesterday morning.

Lightest I've been in years.

Pic from today:

https://i.imgur.com/Ns7jD3Z.jpg

Earthquake Driver 03-14-2020 7:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1741124)
I chopped a couple trees down and put fence posts in. I'm gonna start a farm for youins need some hard work and I can get shit done for free. Have drainage ditch to dig, fences to string and 6 or 700 ft of trench to dig for power want to run. Lemme know when you're available, I'll pencil you in and get shovel ready.

That sounds like work :ohnoes:

Rodnok1 03-14-2020 7:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthquake Driver (Post 1741301)
That sounds like work :ohnoes:

Kills my shoulders mainly, plus I'm not a big built fellow like the Flexer is so don't have body mass to get shit done.
I have a carpot and an extension to park mowers under needs going on the barn, diggin 4ft deep footers for posts is fun, I'll do the high work though as what I lack in weight makes me spry to hang off ladders and building frames. A few other back breaking projects in the works also including finishing a loft. Old is slowing me down alot unfortunately.

Earthquake Driver 03-14-2020 8:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1741306)
Kills my shoulders mainly, plus I'm not a big built fellow like the Flexer is so don't have body mass to get shit done.
I have a carpot and an extension to park mowers under needs going on the barn, diggin 4ft deep footers for posts is fun, I'll do the high work though as what I lack in weight makes me spry to hang off ladders and building frames. A few other back breaking projects in the works also including finishing a loft. Old is slowing me down alot unfortunately.

You be crazy man:mirror:

VetteBoy1979 03-14-2020 9:46am

Mine announced this morning it is closing until further notice.

FLEXjs 03-14-2020 3:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteBoy1979 (Post 1741339)
Mine announced this morning it is closing until further notice.

Ours was packed today.

Business as usual....

Is yours refunding membership fees or are they just using this as an excuse to save some money by not paying employees and still collecting membership fees?