The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Krazy mortgages......and BUX..... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125117)

mrvette 02-25-2021 1:14pm

Krazy mortgages......and BUX.....

Since the .gov is attempting to keep things going, and lowering interest rates on worthless currency down to ~2% or so......and so housing prices are taking off anywhere but big cities, as the population shifts south/outta there....

and us folks in Floriduh/similar locations are getting really high prices now....the issue IS.....

WTF happens in the near/far future.......

I moved south here to Floriduh on account of uncle arthurRONGus..... some 23 years ago......watched my 72k house go to 150k then back down to about 70k, and now it's at 240k...or so......WTF????

watt yawl's readings look like???

:issues::dance::confused5::shots:

Mike Mercury 02-25-2021 1:19pm

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...98/814/0b6.png

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/71/07...0cf63aafb3.png

Here's one for ya:
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...9_M95930-42595

simpleman68 02-25-2021 1:49pm

This is the area we're looking at. This is one of the loony palaces we came across in our quest.
Scott

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M65512-80400

https://ap.rdcpix.com/4d6b5e8bca01cd...w1024_h768.jpg

Steve_R 02-25-2021 3:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1861809)
Since the .gov is attempting to keep things going, and lowering interest rates on worthless currency down to ~2% or so......and so housing prices are taking off anywhere but big cities, as the population shifts south/outta there....

and us folks in Floriduh/similar locations are getting really high prices now....the issue IS.....

WTF happens in the near/far future.......

I moved south here to Floriduh on account of uncle arthurRONGus..... some 23 years ago......watched my 72k house go to 150k then back down to about 70k, and now it's at 240k...or so......WTF????

watt yawl's readings look like???

:issues::dance::confused5::shots:

Can somebody use their Gene to English translator on that please? Mine isn't working right now.

As for the bolded part, who cares? When we moved here we told the kids the house and everything in it will be their problem someday; not my problem.

Rob 02-25-2021 4:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1861814)
This is the area we're looking at. This is one of the loony palaces we came across in our quest.
Scott

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M65512-80400

https://ap.rdcpix.com/4d6b5e8bca01cd...w1024_h768.jpg

If you buy it, I will give you $100 for that blue granite lion :seasix:

Giraffe (He/Him) 02-25-2021 5:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1861833)
Can somebody use their Gene to English translator on that please? Mine isn't working right now.

The government is trying to stimulate the economy by lowering interest rates, which is driving up single family home prices everywhere but the city as everyone flees for the suburbs.

For some reason I can't quite understand Gene relocated to Florida from a northern state 23 years ago. (It has something to do with a creepy uncle)

The value of his house went up, back down and then back up, surpassing the previous increase by $90k.

He also would like to know what the value of our homes have done. I'm suspect he's preparing a spread sheet and possibly an amortization schedule based on a 30 year fixed rate conventional FHA loan.

:cert:

Steve_R 02-25-2021 5:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasTheGiraffe (Post 1861862)
The government is trying to stimulate the economy by lowering interest rates, which is driving up single family home prices everywhere but the city as everyone flees for the suburbs.

For some reason I can't quite understand Gene relocated to Florida from a northern state 23 years ago. (It has something to do with a creepy uncle)

The value of his house went up, back down and then back up, surpassing the previous increase by $90k.

He also would like to know what the value of our homes have done. I'm suspect he's preparing a spread sheet and possibly an amortization schedule based on a 30 year fixed rate conventional FHA loan.

Thanks! :cert:

Our FL house has gone up in value more than 20% in two years. No mortgage and it's likely our last house, so I don't really care what it's worth.

Giraffe (He/Him) 02-25-2021 6:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1861863)
Thanks! :cert:

Our FL house has gone up in value more than 20% in two years. No mortgage and it's likely our last house, so I don't really care what it's worth.

I've been in my current house since '97 which I purchased for $115,000. As of July last year the appraised value was $302,000.

Due to a divorce in July '20, I was forced to refinance and pull equity out to satisfy the divorce decree.

The joint was paid for. Life goes on, I go to work.

Rob 02-25-2021 7:07pm

Bought our current home in 2018 for 510k..about a month ago, same house down the street sold for 775k.

Realtor neighbor said we should be about 1mil in ~2 years. :rofl:

silly market

DAB 02-25-2021 7:16pm

zillow pegs ours at 852k today. :faint:

paid way less than that in 2010. have put some money into it over time (roofs, stucco, boilers, water treatment system, interior renovations, new shop).

but it's not for sale.

mrvette 02-25-2021 7:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasTheGiraffe (Post 1861862)

I moved south be kause of uncle ArthurRONGus.....and 4' of snow in my driveway.....sold the house for little more than what I paid.....but I just could not face another northern winter.......and in fact I should have moved much further sourth.....but at age 76 now....it is TDL / too damn late........:issues:

BayouCountry 02-25-2021 7:53pm

I'm selling a rental in So. Cal for a nice profit after holding it for six years. Perfect timing with interest rates low and house prices high. Looks like the tenants will buy it before it goes on the market. This severs my last tie to Kali.

SubZero 02-25-2021 8:01pm

I've been wondering when the bubble will burst and I don't think it will. The way the .gov is printing money, inflation will catch up first. :shots::leaving:

markids77 02-25-2021 8:21pm

We're in the place for $140K. At the top of the first bubble we were appraised at $305K which fell to the current 205K.

99 pewtercoupe 02-25-2021 8:32pm

Single family houses in my development (approx 1400 residential units from single family homes to condos) are selling for above asking price before they even hit the multi list. Realtors have lists of people looking to buy here. According to the latest Zillow rating, my modest patio home has increased by almost 30% in three years.
All I know is that there are a shit load of people looking to get out of blue states and into Florida

dvarapala 02-25-2021 8:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayouCountry (Post 1861910)
I'm selling a rental in So. Cal for a nice profit after holding it for six years. Perfect timing with interest rates low and house prices high. Looks like the tenants will buy it before it goes on the market. This severs my last tie to Kali.

:kimblair:

The kid just bought his first house the other day. The market is so crazy that he not only made a full price offer, but at the encouragement of his agent the offer also included an escalation clause: basically if the sellers received another offer he would automatically beat it by $1000 up to a max of $10000 over asking. Turns out there was a competing offer, and that offer included a similar escalation clause, only theirs was $500 over and capped at $9000 over asking. So he beat them out by $1000.

It's almost like buying a house on eBay. :funniest:

snide 02-25-2021 9:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1861949)
:kimblair:

The kid just bought his first house the other day. The market is so crazy that he not only made a full price offer, but at the encouragement of his agent the offer also included an escalation clause: basically if the sellers received another offer he would automatically beat it by $1000 up to a max of $10000 over asking. Turns out there was a competing offer, and that offer included a similar escalation clause, only theirs was $500 over and capped at $9000 over asking. So he beat them out by $1000.

It's almost like buying a house on eBay. :funniest:

Gotta know how to play the game. :yesnod:

MadInNc 02-25-2021 11:50pm

there are no houses that stay on the market here... List for $230K - sell for $255k+. For list of $400k sell for $450K.

Houses are now shown as "pre market" with people buying them before listing date even sight unseen. Less than 3-4 weeks total inventory.

Old town house I bought in 2007 for $125k, sold for $139k VA terms in 2014.
Was just VA foreclosed and being sold "as is" for $175K - WTF!!!!

Nut's here now and I've a big one to dump on market soon :coolest:

Wathen1955 02-26-2021 12:18am

Here in Comifornia, rents in San Fransisco have dropped 30%, as most are leaving the big cities. My house that my wife and I bought in 2015 in Woodland for $475k, is now up to $700k+. We also did a refi from 3.75% to 2.75%.

mrvette 02-26-2021 7:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wathen1955 (Post 1861999)
Here in Comifornia, rents in San Fransisco have dropped 30%, as most are leaving the big cities. My house that my wife and I bought in 2015 in Woodland for $475k, is now up to $700k+. We also did a refi from 3.75% to 2.75%.

Had not heard THAT, but watt with all the shit in the streets, I not surprised.....and of course all the computer types are tele-commuting these daze.....:dance::hurray: