The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Wanna go to war in N. Korea ? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114546)

VatorMan 01-11-2018 8:02am

Wanna go to war in N. Korea ?

This is a great read on the other side.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ry/1023471001/

Quote:

LONDON — A distinguished retired South Korean general warned a U.S. attack on North Korea would be met by well armed soldiers who would fight with religious fervor to defend their homeland.

"I try to explain to the Americans — if we have to go into North Korea, it is not going to be like going into Iraq or Afghanistan. It’s not going to be like toppling (ex-Iraqi President Saddam) Hussein. This would be more like trying to get rid of Allah," said I.-B. Chun, referring to the Arabic word for God
The loss of life would be in the millions.

Olustee bus 01-11-2018 8:26am

If it were to come to a ground war, would there be a north Korean army left to fight?

VatorMan 01-11-2018 8:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1607901)
If it were to come to a ground war, would there be a north Korean army left to fight?

Much like the Japanese in WWII, if you read the article, they will be deep underground. The tunnel rats will make a return.

Sea Six 01-11-2018 8:56am

If we take out key leadership first, then offer food and medicine to anyone who surrenders, we'll be talking about those used North Korean rifles for sale...

Never been fired, only dropped once.

Aerovette 01-11-2018 10:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1607906)
Much like the Japanese in WWII, if you read the article, they will be deep underground. The tunnel rats will make a return.

I'm guessing a few MOABs would remedy that to finality without any nuclear fallout concerns.

Total destruction. There is no need to preserve a single soul or structure. FK'M

Fight like a rat, die like a rat.

mrvette 01-11-2018 11:03am

Once they find out that Dick Tater is dead....ALL semblance of command structure in that 'army' will evaporate......I figger ~6 MOABs would do it.....:lol::seasix:

VITE1 01-11-2018 12:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1607906)

Pour enough gas down those rat holes and we will not need to go after them.

That's what the Marines did against the Japanese whenever they could. They either burn to death or die of suffocation. Either way they are dead and the Marines got to go home.

snide 01-11-2018 1:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1607934)
Pour enough gas down those rat holes and we will not need to go after them.

That's what the Marines did against the Japanese whenever they could. They either burn to death or die of suffocation. Either way they are dead and the Marines got to go home.

All's well that ends well.

VITE1 01-11-2018 2:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1607937)
All's well that ends well done.

FIFY :D

Mike Mercury 01-11-2018 4:14pm

Quote:

Pour enough gas down those rat holes...

That's what the Marines did against the Japanese whenever they could. They either burn to death or die of suffocation.
The Japanese soldiers that were hiding out in caves at the end of the war... they were given fair warning that if they did not come out with hands up - they would be incinerated. These warnings were given in both english and Japanese language.

VITE1 01-11-2018 6:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1607954)
The Japanese soldiers that were hiding out in caves at the end of the war... they were given fair warning that if they did not come out with hands up - they would be incinerated. These warnings were given in both english and Japanese language.

I know. My Father poured the Gas on Peleliu and my God father on Saipan

The only warning they really needed was the smell of the gas coming down the tunnels. None surrendered. None.

Mike Mercury 01-11-2018 8:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1607970)
None surrendered. None.

true.

OddBall 01-11-2018 10:17pm

I think the smart money would be on maneuvering them into a civil war.