The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Fear (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121752)

DAB 02-25-2020 3:26pm

Fear

So today i stopped by Lowes to get some materials for replacing some window screens. They didn't have what I was looking for, so ended up at Homey Depot, which had what I wanted.

But at Lowes, up front next to the service desk, across from the paint dept, they had a large display in the aisle, consisting of masks, gloves, spray bottles, and various cleaning agents (including bleach). That's how you sell fear.

I thought about farting on the display as I walked past....but didn't do that. :gozar:

Rob 02-25-2020 3:29pm

Bet if you buy masks, you can sell at a nice profit soon :seasix:

DAB 02-25-2020 3:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1734445)

before you waste your money on masks, it would be good to know if they do any good. if the virus is smaller than the mask opening size, then they are pointless. but no one has said anything in public on that matter. only that the virus is easily transmitted, can live on a surface for about 9 days, and shows itself in about 14 days.

BOTY 02-25-2020 3:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1734445)

sad but probably accurate. I've been to the Dr. recently, I have never seen so many people with masks on.

snide 02-25-2020 4:00pm

I could never live there.

BOTY 02-25-2020 4:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1734457)
I could never live there.

:rofl: I thought this was settled . :rofl:

snide 02-25-2020 4:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1734459)
:rofl: I thought this was settled . :rofl:

:funnier::funnier::funnier:

Mike Mercury 02-25-2020 4:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1734443)

I thought about farting on the display as I walked past....but didn't do that. :gozar:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 02-25-2020 4:08pm

Some cases now are discovered to have taken as long as 24 days to show after contact.

Old Ben 02-25-2020 4:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1734451)
before you waste your money on masks, it would be good to know if they do any good. if the virus is smaller than the mask opening size, then they are pointless. but no one has said anything in public on that matter. only that the virus is easily transmitted, can live on a surface for about 9 days, and shows itself in about 14 days.

There was a doctor on FOX the other day that said that the typical masks will not stop the virus from getting thru. All the workers that I've seen on TV have the full respirator type masks.

Mick 02-25-2020 4:10pm

Quote:

Well, I don't know anything about the Corona virus, but with regular flu viruses, the masks are not intended to prevent a virus spore from escaping the face. They are really there to stop saliva and mucus from getting into the air when the person coughs or sneezes.

Rob 02-25-2020 7:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1734465)
There was a doctor on FOX the other day that said that the typical masks will not stop the virus from getting thru. All the workers that I've seen on TV have the full respirator type masks.

N95

dvarapala 02-25-2020 8:41pm

Quote:

before you waste your money on masks, it would be good to know if they do any good. if the virus is smaller than the mask opening size, then they are pointless. but no one has said anything in public on that matter.

My dental hygienist - who of course wears a surgical mask while she cleans my teeth - was rolling her eyes at all the idiots wearing masks. In addition to the size issue you note, these masks also have a useful life of about 15 minutes.

:lol:

MrPeabody 02-25-2020 8:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1734547)
My dental hygienist - who of course wears a surgical mask while she cleans my teeth - was rolling her eyes at all the idiots wearing masks. In addition to the size issue you note, these masks also have a useful life of about 15 minutes.

:lol:

That's what my wife says. She worked 40 years in nursing and for awhile was the infection control manager at our local hospital.

Bill 02-25-2020 8:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1734548)
That's what my wife says. She worked 40 years in nursing and for awhile was the infection control manager at our local hospital.

One of my neighbors on the next block is or was an infectious control nurse. He said the same thing. He also thinks this was a bioweapon that escaped the reservation.

JRD77VET 02-25-2020 9:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1734553)
One of my neighbors on the next block is or was an infectious control nurse. He said the same thing. He also thinks this was a bioweapon that escaped the reservation.

Quite possible/probable. China has lost a "few" doctors and I read today that the infectious disease official in Iran was just diagnosed with coronavirus.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/irans...oll-reaches-15

Aerovette 02-25-2020 9:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1734553)

I believe it to be far more sinister.

bsmith 02-26-2020 6:53am

My wife went to the doctor Monday for her yearly and mentioned we have a trip to Cancun scheduled.
Doctor told her to get masks and take them with.
Not the crappy little paper ones, they need to be the type that has the little cartridge in them.