The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   National Pearl Harbor remembrance day (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120753)

Rodnok1 12-07-2019 9:33am

National Pearl Harbor remembrance day

:halfmast:

I've never been to the Arizona memorial myself but it's on the list.

69camfrk 12-07-2019 9:37am

Pearl Harbor survivors are almost all gone.:sadangel:

dwjz06 12-07-2019 9:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1689285)

I've never been to the Arizona memorial myself but it's on the list.

I have:sadangel::halfmast:

Rikki Z-06 12-07-2019 9:49am

Norm 12-07-2019 10:00am

I'm glad there is a memorial there so that future generations can see the sacrifice given by so many.

Ol Timer 12-07-2019 11:03am

It's been 30 years since we were there and at that time, there were still a number of survivors working at the memorial. It was an experience I'll never forget. :USA:

69camfrk 12-07-2019 12:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1689297)
I'm glad there is a memorial there so that future generations can see the sacrifice given by so many.

While I agree with you about the memorial, I just wonder if a large part of the population at this point understands how much sacrifice was really made. We grew up with parents in that generation (my Step Dad) in this case, and he was a large inspiration for me to join the military. Long after all of us are dead and gone, people need to know what a debt of gratitude we really owe all those who participated in the war. That stands for the men and women who cranked out the equipment for the war machine also.

On the same note, I watched a Netflix documentary called "Spitfire" The plane that saved the world. I encourage all of you to see it. It was an awesome history lesson, as well as just plain cool.:seasix:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 12-07-2019 12:58pm

Spitfire was a great flick!!!!:seasix:

Dan Dlabay 12-07-2019 1:12pm

I have been to the USS Arizona memorial and it is a solemn and a place of honor to the men who died during that attack. May God bless all of our military past present and future who defend this great country and protect our freedom. Remember freedom is not free.:halfmast:

Norm 12-07-2019 5:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1689429)
While I agree with you about the memorial, I just wonder if a large part of the population at this point understands how much sacrifice was really made. We grew up with parents in that generation (my Step Dad) in this case, and he was a large inspiration for me to join the military. Long after all of us are dead and gone, people need to know what a debt of gratitude we really owe all those who participated in the war. That stands for the men and women who cranked out the equipment for the war machine also.

On the same note, I watched a Netflix documentary called "Spitfire" The plane that saved the world. I encourage all of you to see it. It was an awesome history lesson, as well as just plain cool.:seasix:

I'll always support any U.S. Military museum or memorial, that's one of the only ways the word gets out about the past, the MSM could care less.

My Dad was in France and Germany during WWII, my Mom was installing cockpit gauges on B-26 Marauders at Martins in Middle River, MD. :halfmast::halfmast:

Little Red L98. 12-07-2019 6:01pm

:USA:

allthrottleandsomebottle 12-07-2019 6:48pm

9 Attachment(s)
I have been...……….and lots of discussion today on why we Christened this today:halfmast::USA: