The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   My Mechanic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120189)

StaticCling 09-04-2019 11:40am

My Mechanic

Known this guy for 20 years. Great shop, super honest, nice guy.

I’m sitting up here as they do some suspension work on my truck, and I overheard him on a phone call with a potential customer. I overheard him telling this person the following:

“I’m gonna be honest, those cars are piles of shit”

:funnier:

I asked him what kind of car it was. Chrysler PT Cruiser

:Jeff '79:

boracayjohnny 09-04-2019 12:19pm

:Jeff '79::rofl:

Dodge/Chrysler just aren't long lasting vehicles. A co-worker also summed up the HellCat pretty well; "It's a go-fast car but not for long". :Jeff '79::Jeff '79::rofl::rofl:

69camfrk 09-04-2019 3:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1682717)

Dodge/Chrysler just aren't long lasting vehicles. A co-worker also summed up the HellCat pretty well; "It's a go-fast car but not for long". :Jeff '79::Jeff '79::rofl::rofl:

To be a supposed "track" car, the HellCat and the Demon regularly sling parts at the track and hold up the races.:yesnod:

Cybercowboy 09-04-2019 4:33pm

Dodge Neon with a coating of clown car.

JRD77VET 09-04-2019 6:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1682717)

:iagree: A former coworker had his OIL PAN rust out on his chrysler product :funniest:
( it was made for multiple layers of press steel and rusted out between the layers until it leaked)

mrvette 09-05-2019 6:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1682742)
:iagree: A former coworker had his OIL PAN rust out on his chrysler product :funniest:
( it was made for multiple layers of press steel and rusted out between the layers until it leaked)

WTF?? Why they do that???

:issues:

09CTSV 09-05-2019 6:18pm

Say what you want about Chrysler but so far I'll take the Jeep over almost every GM car I've bought. Been to the dealer once for an oil change, they dripped oil on the exhaust and bent over back wards apologizing and doing a quality check with a free oil change on the Hawk.
Let me think of Cadillac, oh yeah they did the oil change didn't put the oil cap back on. Six weeks later they admitted the mistake and wouldn't own up to anything, not even cleaning the engine of the oil and dirt which accumulated on it. Piss off GM, the two in the Driveway will be the last two we own, my Dad bought a Hyundai over another GM product.

Norm 09-05-2019 6:45pm

Everyone has a horror story about wrong things with an auto. But most of those issues it wasn't the auto's fault, it was the individual working on same's fault. I've had all big 3 maker's cars, some foreign, good and bad stories with all.

I can attest to most of my headaches were from fvckups with the mechanics/technicians. Untrained, unsupervised, ignorant, arrogant, some quite stupid.

boracayjohnny 09-05-2019 7:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1682814)
Everyone has a horror story about wrong things with an auto. But most of those issues it wasn't the auto's fault, it was the individual working on same's fault. I've had all big 3 maker's cars, some foreign, good and bad stories with all.

I can attest to most of my headaches were from fvckups with the mechanics/technicians. Untrained, unsupervised, ignorant, arrogant, some quite stupid.

While I agree with you generally that any maker having shitty cars and examples are easily found on the internet is true. Specifically I'd put money on Japanese with better quality than domestic or European. Do I have websites or studies from valued sources to back me up? Fukk no. I have my own ass in seats and time spent at dealerships/mechanics. Every time I've owned a domestic, I came away with shit all over me from the car blowing an ass gasket. I've never owned a European because I'm a cheap bastard and don't do much repair myself. Owning a European means wrenching yourself because the parts are already expensive + add labor and there ya go with a BOHICA moment while standing at the Cashier.

*BOHICA; Bend Over, Here It Comes Again.