The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Where/How did you meet your S.O.? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11149)

ConstantChange 03-28-2011 2:24pm

Where/How did you meet your S.O.?

Let's hear the story about how you met your current (or last) significant other.

For me, it was at work. She worked in the same building down stairs. Her boss got the ball rolling. I asked her to lunch and away we went...

MrPeabody 03-28-2011 2:29pm

I met her in a bar. The twist is that I was the bartender. It was at the Elks lodge, and I aready knew her parents, who she was visiting. That was almost 20 years ago. Our 16th anniverary is next month.:hurray:

Will 03-28-2011 2:32pm

Arranged marriage. Her mother and my father plotted, my father confronted her and got her phone number for me.

The way GOD intended it.

:dance:

bsmith 03-28-2011 2:33pm

The dreaded set-up.

VatorMan 03-28-2011 2:33pm

The only one left on the street corner at 3 AM. That's what I get for closing down the bar.

Datawiz 03-28-2011 2:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 214856)
The only one left on the street corner at 3 AM. That's what I get for closing down the bar.

Was she still working? :leaving:

Will 03-28-2011 2:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 214858)
Was he still working? :leaving:

Fixed. :cheers:

navyndi2 03-28-2011 2:37pm

An add on CL Sep 9th, I ansered the add the she placed on the site, the add was up for about 15 minutes befor she took it down. Of course she tells her friends we meet on base at the commisary, lol.

Stangkiller 03-28-2011 2:38pm

I was a groomsman in my buddys wedding...I met/picked up his older sister at the wedding..we're going on 4 years now & are engaged.

Uncle Pervey 03-28-2011 2:51pm

I signed a contract with the Satan.... he didn't want my soul but I had to marry his sister. :yesnod: :leaving:

Montehall 03-28-2011 3:02pm

Bar.
funny thing is, I never went to the bar by myself. I was usually invited by a co-worker or someone, but I was sitting home bored, and after 2 hours of trying to figure out what else I could be doing, I walked to the bar.

fate, coincidence, or the devil's handywork? you decide.

Rob 03-28-2011 3:04pm

Met her in CFOT in one of UD's marvelous threads. (Which happened to be about Match.com)

:yesnod:

Everyone was posting a link to their profile, and I posted mine. Next thing I knew, she was stalking me. :lol:

AU Eagle 03-28-2011 3:06pm

I guess you would not call it "conventional" or "normal" but I met my girlfriend through BlackBerry Messenger.

She saw my username and a post made by me in a car section on CrackBerry.com. She added my PIN and we started chatting. We chatted/texted on the phone for 5 months before we did a face to face meet. I drove all the way to Tennessee to see here.

We hung out for the weekend. I knew before hand I could not let her get away, I came back a month later (around Christmas) made things official and gave her a promise ring at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Knoxville to show her how serious I was.

We've been dating a little over 3 months now and I cannot refute that we were two people made for each other and fate brought us together.

:cheers:

repo 03-28-2011 3:10pm

Work, and no I didn't go to repo her car.

I was still at GMAC and she was in College doing a Summer. job. The next Summer, she was doing me.:leaving:

Datawiz 03-28-2011 3:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by repo (Post 214913)
Work, and no I didn't go to repo her car.

I was still at GMAC and she was in College doing a Summer. job. The next Summer, she was doing me.:leaving:

:rofl:

BuckyThreadkiller 03-28-2011 3:11pm

Computer dating - we were working at adjacent computers at work.

Will 03-28-2011 3:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AU Eagle (Post 214906)
I guess you would not call it "conventional" or "normal" but I met my girlfriend through BlackBerry Messenger.

She saw my username and a post made by me in a car section on CrackBerry.com. She added my PIN and we started chatting. We chatted/texted on the phone for 5 months before we did a face to face meet. I drove all the way to Tennessee to see here.

We hung out for the weekend. I knew before hand I could not let her get away, I came back a month later (around Christmas) made things official and gave her a promise ring at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Knoxville to show her how serious I was.

We've been dating a little over 3 months now and I cannot refute that we were two people made for each other and fate brought us together.

:cheers:

Congrats bro.

Friendly advice: supplement fate with a solid pre-nup agreement. Don't take offense. I advise everyone to do it, even my best friend and my brother.

Mike Mercury 03-28-2011 3:14pm

I met Yvonne at a night club. Asked her to dance; 4 months later we were married.