The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Divorce coming near an end. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126176)

69camfrk 06-29-2021 3:39pm

Divorce coming near an end.

I'm pretty sure that my soon to be ex is ass raping me, but in the end, it is better than being miserable the rest of my life. She is getting the house, approx $150k in equity, the furniture I bought with no help from her, child support for the next year, even though I will have my own house, and my kid can stay with me, and 50% of my .mil retirement until I'm dead, starting at 59 years old and some change. I leave with my cars and bikes which I bought, and the clothes on my back. It makes me feel better about totally supporting her while she pursued her masters degree, making her car payments, paying her credit cards off etc. Yep, I've come out smelling like a rose on this one.....Greed has no bounds with her, and I realized it early on but was too stupid to dump her in the 90's.

Steve_R 06-29-2021 3:42pm

Having been married almost 45 years to the love of my life I can’t begin to imagine what you’re going through. Hopefully you can move on albeit poorer. Good luck.

:cert:

Norm 06-29-2021 3:46pm

Been there, all behind me now, I survived.
One day, that greed will bite her in the ass.
Make the best of it, best of luck.

The_Dude 06-29-2021 3:47pm

Sorry man. My financial advisor told me to never get divorced.

Anjdog2003 06-29-2021 3:49pm

Cheaper to keep her.

Steve_R 06-29-2021 3:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1892735)

Smart. :yesnod:

Loco Vette 06-29-2021 4:04pm

Well, you can regret the material things you lost, but it sounds like the major benefit to you was ending a painful relationship with a total shrew. You're better off, bud. It will get better, and now you can take proactive steps to make your life better.

Giraffe (He/Him) 06-29-2021 4:33pm

How old are you?

MikeB 06-29-2021 5:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1892731)
Having been married almost 45 years to the love of my life I can’t begin to imagine what you’re going through. Hopefully you can move on albeit poorer. Good luck.

:cert:

I'll have to agree with Steverino, 49.5 years here with my life partner.
Hope it works out well for you.
My younger brother has been married for over 35 years.
Older brother, married 4 times, single right now.
Older sister made it to 20 years, divorced/single too.

Who knows why things work/don't work.

Steve_R 06-29-2021 5:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touringmike (Post 1892758)

Between your older brother and my older brother they have 8 marriages. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

gs568 06-29-2021 5:27pm

That sucks.

69camfrk 06-29-2021 5:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1892743)
Well, you can regret the material things you lost, but it sounds like the major benefit to you was ending a painful relationship with a total shrew. You're better off, bud. It will get better, and now you can take proactive steps to make your life better.

I'm already moving in a good direction. If she ever finds someone else to put up with her, I feel sorry for them. They are nothing but a paycheck in the end.

69camfrk 06-29-2021 5:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touringmike (Post 1892758)

Problem is, I knew early in the marriage, and was told by literally everyone including my Mom to dump her. I wanted to be a good person, and when kids came along, wanted to always be there for them because my Dad died when I was a kid. She is a miserable individual, and I refuse to go in that direction. She takes no responsibility in the divorce, which is fitting. She has what she does because of me, but oh well. I hope her and her new boyfriend enjoy what I built.

dvarapala 06-29-2021 6:23pm

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1892736)
Cheaper to keep her.

Cheaper than hiring a hitman? :shrug:

78SA 06-29-2021 6:31pm

:birthday:

Grey Ghost 06-29-2021 7:04pm

Enjoy your new life and freedom!

JRD77VET 06-29-2021 7:11pm

First, congrats on being "almost there" :toast:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1892765)
I'm already moving in a good direction. If she ever finds someone else to put up with her, I feel sorry for them. They are nothing but a paycheck in the end.

Karma works in mysterious ways, you just keep moving forward and you'll find the best revenge is to just enjoy your life :yesnod:

snide 06-29-2021 7:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1892765)

To a lot of women, that is all men are. :yesnod:

dwjz06 06-29-2021 9:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1892730)
I'm pretty sure that my soon to be ex is ass raping me, but in the end, it is better than being miserable the rest of my life. She is getting the house, approx $150k in equity, the furniture I bought with no help from her, child support for the next year, even though I will have my own house, and my kid can stay with me, and 50% of my .mil retirement until I'm dead, starting at 59 years old and some change. I leave with my cars and bikes which I bought, and the clothes on my back. It makes me feel better about totally supporting her while she pursued her masters degree, making her car payments, paying her credit cards off etc. Yep, I've come out smelling like a rose on this one.....Greed has no bounds with her, and I realized it early on but was too stupid to dump her in the 90's.

glad you are almost done, but none of it sounds good. Same here. I can relate:cert:

Quote:

smart man:D:cert:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1892736)
Cheaper to keep her.

Nope. That math does not always work out.:cert:

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1892807)
To most women, that is all men are. :yesnod:

Fixed:seasix::cert:

It sucks no matter what. Worse when kids are involved.:sadangel:

Wathen1955 06-29-2021 10:54pm

I think you should get a lawyer. Just my opinion, but it sounds like you are getting screwed.