The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   since the VB C8 section seems dead... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119818)

snide 07-20-2019 3:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1677776)
:iagree: I'd almost certainly jump on one but after this year's GTO and speakers budget.....
Still glad my wife hasn't poisoned my food.
Scott

PM your wife's number... :D

:cheers:

GRN ENVY 07-20-2019 3:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1677775)
Hard to imagine somebody not finding that sexy as hell :yum:
Scott

Ask for forgiveness.... not permission :leaving:

StaticCling 07-20-2019 8:29pm

No manual option is kind of a deal breaker for me. :island14:

My buddy says the swoopy wrap around console would prevent you from getting blowjobs while driving...that's his deal breaker. :Jeff '79:

allthrottleandsomebottle 07-21-2019 6:28am

Looks like a cleaning nightmare…………...but drives like a 100hp gocart:D

simpleman68 07-21-2019 9:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1677794)
PM your wife's number... :D

:cheers:

Always glad to help a brother out :cert:

She has 2 lines:

https://i.imgur.com/GJb2rYWh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2DbLfE6h.jpg

C3C7NIC 07-21-2019 11:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1677833)
No manual option is kind of a deal breaker for me. :island14:

My buddy says the swoopy wrap around console would prevent you from getting blowjobs while driving...that's his deal breaker. :Jeff '79:

I could care less about the BJ compatibility, as I will be the one driving...:rofl:

I'm torn as to paddle shifters vs stick, have driven both, and I currently drive a manual stick, the real world race car drivers use paddle shifters, so maybe it is time... KEY word, MAYBE.

Old article, but found it interesting:

https://www.racingjunk.com/news/2017...nual-shifters/

Datawiz 07-21-2019 4:35pm

I will say this in public, Toyota wasted their time with the new Supra. The mid-engine Corvette is the ONLY thing on the planet at the moment that gives me emotion. I will pull the trigger on this car. :yesnod:

StaticCling 07-21-2019 6:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1677936)
I will say this in public, Toyota wasted their time with the new Supra. The mid-engine Corvette is the ONLY thing on the planet at the moment that gives me emotion. I will pull the trigger on this car. :yesnod:

I have been watching material on it the last day or so, I have to admit that it is one beautiful looking car. I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't a manual transmission option, but I guess that's the way the world is going. :island14:

Millenium Vette 07-21-2019 7:10pm

Quote:

:iagree:

I really wish they would have priced it at three times the anticipated MSRP so that I would not be tempted......

:cert:

SubZero 07-21-2019 7:16pm

I'm waiting for the AWD model :Entropy::lilred:

simpleman68 07-21-2019 7:58pm

Just showed Mrs. Simpleman the pic here and she gave me a look like "you might think about one" :wow:
She thought it looked sexy as hell; and she likes the existing bodies on them.

Shit.....

I'm supposed to pick up the GTO Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'd have to sell the C5 almost for sure. We'd have 3 toy cars laying around if not.
Scott

snide 07-21-2019 9:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1677958)
Just showed Mrs. Simpleman the pic here and she gave me a look like "you might think about one" :wow:
She thought it looked sexy as hell; and she likes the existing bodies on them.

Shit.....

I'm supposed to pick up the GTO Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'd have to sell the C5 almost for sure. We'd have 3 toy cars laying around if not.
Scott

What's the asking price for your clapped out C5? :bigears:

boracayjohnny 07-22-2019 1:58am

Quote:

'Yota fukked up with the Supra. Who wants some parts queen from 'Yota and BMW? And, for me, it's under powered. For all the hype it was a big let down. I'll deem it the coulda/woulda/shoulda Supra.

The new Vette is where it's at in looks and performance. Zip code? Sheit, Supra's not even in the same country.

RonC5 07-22-2019 7:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1677958)
We'd have 3 toy cars laying around if not.
Scott

I just don't see the problem there.

simpleman68 07-22-2019 7:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1677993)
What's the asking price for your clapped out C5? :bigears:

Well more than it's worth but I have 2 guys locally that have offered 19k for it.

Just had it painted 2 years ago when they installed new race seats, seat belts etc.

Just can't see parting with it for the little it's worth. I'm the original owner and it is in mint condition with ~600 rwhp that has not been beaten on.

Scott

simpleman68 07-22-2019 7:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonC5 (Post 1678012)
I just don't see the problem there.

Garage space, or lack of, is a big issue.
Neither of our trucks will fit so the driveway is loaded with ~19' long trucks.
The GTO barely fits in the one bay and the motorcycle in the other.

I'd hate to leave either of the cars outside year round and I can't stand paying for storage.
Scott

GRN ENVY 07-22-2019 9:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1678017)

I'd hate to leave either of the cars outside year round and I can't stand paying for storage.
Scott

2 words.....Detached garage. Or maybe you need a Florida car? I know of a garage here with another C5 in it and has space for one more. :D

C5SilverBullet 07-22-2019 9:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1677885)

That show is based in southern Illinois?

618 was where I grew up.

RonC5 07-22-2019 10:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1678017)

Scott

I understand lack of garage space. I plan to add a tray ceiling in the front bay of my garage and install a 4 post. Hopefully in the next year or so, but the master bath re-do comes first.

simpleman68 07-22-2019 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRN ENVY (Post 1678039)
2 words.....Burbs HOA

:yesnod:
They are a pain in the azz and I've no more room to build on this lot since breaking ground on deck mahal. :lol:
Deck is ~1500 sq ft including the hot tub pavillion and waterfall.

Supposed to have the final plans for the roof structures back from the structural eng this week.
Scott