The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Quality control (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119285)

Ol Timer 05-04-2019 8:29pm

Quality control - Update

I had 2 items delivered in the past 2 days: a pair of shoes and a poly lumber 5’ glider.

The shoes ordered were size 13. The shipping invoice stated size 13, the box from the manufacturer was labeled size 13, but the shoes in the box were size 10.

The glider came in 2 large boxes, total weight @ 100 lbs. the boxes were heavily taped, so I cut them open. I,sorted the parts and hardware, then noticed I was sent a swing instead of the glider ordered.

The shoes are a simple return. I really don’t look forward to screwing with the 5’ swing return. Does anyone pay attention anymore?

Update- The new shoes were no problem. Company sent new ones next day and a free return label.

As for the swing/glider mishap - LuxCraft sent the proper glider the next business day and just told me to keep the swing at no cost as return would be a major inconvenience. That's more than fair.

DAB 05-04-2019 8:38pm

Thank you for shopping, please give us 5 stars so we can keep selling crap to unsuspecting rubes.

JRD77VET 05-04-2019 8:45pm

I purchased a pair of Maelstrom boots when they were on sale black friday. I started wearing them in March. In the middle of April, I had a problem with the side zipper after wearing them about 6 weeks.

I sent pictures of the broken side zipper and they are sending me a brand new pair and they are scheduled for delivery on Monday. GREAT customer service.

~~~~~~~~~

Two years ago, I purchased a pair of New Balance work shoes. the soles split after 6 weeks. Basically New Balance told me "tough shit" and wouldn't stand behind their product.

I haven't purchased any more NB products and will NOT.

New balance can go choke on a bag of dicks :slap:

Black94lt1 05-05-2019 4:06am

2 Attachment(s)
Not so much quality control but package handling, all four of the wheels I bought for my wife’s car arrived bent, the boxes are amazingly destroyed, never seen anything like it before. I’m not looking forward to the return either

markids77 05-05-2019 7:13am

Now you guys know why I resist online shopping with such fervor. I like to see and inspect my goods BEFORE purchase.

Mike Mercury 05-05-2019 9:07am

https://img.stomp.com.sg/s3fs-public...?itok=Pr8RPZwM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/9e/9e14...e62a160ae4.jpg

MrPeabody 05-05-2019 6:20pm

Just because the item you ordered is out of stock, that's no reason to hold up things in the shipping department.:leaving:

JRD77VET 05-05-2019 8:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1668901)
Now you guys know why I resist online shopping with such fervor. I like to see and inspect my goods BEFORE purchase.

It's very rare that there is a problem and even more rare the manufacturer doesn't stand behind their product.

but then again you have New Balance losing a 30+ year customer because they don't stand behind their product. :bslap:

RedLS1GTO 05-06-2019 6:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1668901)

I do about 99% of my shopping online. It's very rare that I have an issue. I had something along the lines of 150 Amazon orders last year and 2 returns. 1 was a toy for the kid that arrived broken (OEM defect) and the other was something that was damaged in shipping. :shrug:

Ol Timer 05-07-2019 11:16am

Sometimes things work out.

Cybercowboy 05-07-2019 11:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 1668978)
I do about 99% of my shopping online. It's very rare that I have an issue. I had something along the lines of 150 Amazon orders last year and 2 returns. 1 was a toy for the kid that arrived broken (OEM defect) and the other was something that was damaged in shipping. :shrug:

Same here. I'm wracking my brain to remember the last time I got something that was wrong. Seems like I once ordered something cheap and got a bow tie instead. Can't remember what it even was that I had ordered but I didn't even send it back, just ordered the same item from a different seller and forgot about it. Anyone want a bow tie?

mrvette 05-07-2019 11:29am

I Ammozoned a small 3.5 cu ft. chest freezer about a month ago....185 bux, delivered....took less than a week to get here.....in HD/etc....300++ bux....

no dents, not even a scratch on it, werks fine ~2 yr warranty.....

can't bitch....:seasix:

markids77 05-07-2019 6:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 1668978)

My experience has been less positive. I built the 77 in my avatar largely online and I could tell stories... but I won't.

Der Flieger 05-11-2019 11:33pm

Last month I ordered and paid for two complete AR-15 uppers from Palmetto Arms. When they arrived, there was only one in the box. The shipping document claimed there was two shipped, but the listed weight of the UPS box belied that. Fortunately, I retained the shipping bill, and convinced the lady at customer service that indeed, they had screwed up, and immediately shipped another to me. Whew!

mrvette 05-12-2019 3:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der Flieger (Post 1669974)
Last month I ordered and paid for two complete AR-15 uppers from Palmetto Arms. When they arrived, there was only one in the box. The shipping document claimed there was two shipped, but the listed weight of the UPS box belied that. Fortunately, I retained the shipping bill, and convinced the lady at customer service that indeed, they had screwed up, and immediately shipped another to me. Whew!

I bet that in these daze of computers, she had the warehouse folks check the count, and it showed one surplus part that not on the computer.....easy to check, dun in 5 minits or less.....ok 30 minits for the folks to work it into their route through the joint.....

:seasix:

09CTSV 05-12-2019 6:23am

I can't count the orders we have placed thru Amazon. In all of over the years we have received two items which were damaged in shipment. Amazon replaced both without a second thought and had us dispose of the old ones at no cost to us.
I ordered a pair of shoes which my mistake were the wrong size. Had the correct pair in two days and the old ones returned with a simple address label. Pretty easy in all.