The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Southeast GTG... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28987)

vtelvr 01-31-2012 6:47am

Southeast GTG...

Anyone in the southeast interested in meeting up for lunch/dinner/etc? Trying to get a group of us together so we can put faces with names around here...Post up if you would be interested, also in your post please include your city to meet preference, and a few dates(weekend) that you would be available to do so.

Lets not make this more than it is. When it is said and done with, there will be some who can't make it because of prior obligations. When planning to gather up more than 3-5 people, schedules clash. Just how it is. Those of you who can't make the date that is decided, we will see you at the next one.:seasix:

joecaver 01-31-2012 8:40am

Sounds like a good idea. I am in the Hiram/Dallas GA area but anything in the Atlanta metro area would work for me. I will leave the date to others to say but a Saturday would be best I think.

Thanks for starting this. :seasix:

RonC5 01-31-2012 8:56am

I may be interested. Living in Orlando, it would depend on travel distance. Almost anytime is good for me, I have no life.

Blademaker 01-31-2012 9:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecaver (Post 560924)
Sounds like a good idea. I am in the Hiram/Dallas GA area but anything in the Atlanta metro area would work for me. I will leave the date to others to say but a Saturday would be best I think.

Thanks for starting this. :seasix:

Same here

vtelvr 01-31-2012 9:44am

Kinda seems like Atlanta or close surrounding area would kind of be the "hub" geographically speaking. However, other options could be Chattanooga, or we could go the other way to include our even more southern friends from Florida by meeting in Macon....Open for discussion.....

jaxgator 01-31-2012 11:40am

Atlanta is 6 hours from me and I wouldn't be up for an overnighter so I'll have to pass. Macon is about 4 hours 15 minutes so even that would be kind of iffy for me just for dinner.

vtelvr 01-31-2012 12:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxgator (Post 561059)
Atlanta is 6 hours from me and I wouldn't be up for an overnighter so I'll have to pass. Macon is about 4 hours 15 minutes so even that would be kind of iffy for me just for dinner.

This is where you then offer up a location and date that would suit you.:seasix:

ft laud mike 01-31-2012 3:21pm

Orlando is about as far north as I could go(about 4 hrs)

jaxgator 01-31-2012 4:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtelvr (Post 561109)
This is where you then offer up a location and date that would suit you.:seasix:

Savannah, GA would be nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ft laud mike (Post 561249)
Orlando is about as far north as I could go(about 4 hrs)

Orlando works for me too. :D

...Whitepower... 01-31-2012 7:35pm

I vote Tilted Kilt by the Perimeter just north of Atlanta.:D

Ill be doing a three day tour in Florida at the end of the month/beginning of March for work. Flying into W Palm driving north and flying out of Tampa or Orlando back home. I'll link up with you Floridian ****ers then..

Loco Vette 02-01-2012 12:04am

Knoxville, TN here. ATL is about as far as I can go south on a day trip, but :dance: for that!

ft laud mike 02-01-2012 12:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ...Whitepower... (Post 561541)
I vote Tilted Kilt by the Perimeter just north of Atlanta.:D

Ill be doing a three day tour in Florida at the end of the month/beginning of March for work. Flying into W Palm driving north and flying out of Tampa or Orlando back home. I'll link up with you Floridian ****ers then..

Let me know when, plenty of fine establishments in W palm
:cert:

vtelvr 02-01-2012 7:59am

I am kinda starting to think that we need to do it around Atlanta, and pick a place to maybe eat lunch or dinner. I could get my wife to call some hotels in Atlanta, or even just a bit north in Alpharetta to see what they could do for a group rate if there were folks coming from a bit further away. Just let me know if any out-of-towners are interested in this, and I will pursue it further.

...Whitepower... 02-01-2012 8:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ft laud mike (Post 561834)
Let me know when, plenty of fine establishments in W palm

I will. Rotorhead and i plan on meeting up.

I might even take a helo for a spin when he isn't looking..

ft laud mike 02-02-2012 6:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ...Whitepower... (Post 562002)
I will. Rotorhead and i plan on meeting up.

I might even take a helo for a spin when he isn't looking..

vtelvr 02-03-2012 6:25am

Don't let this die folks...Seems like a few people really wanted to meet up. I'd be glad to check into hotel reservations, or anything else like that if you need me to!

Bucwheat 02-03-2012 3:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxgator (Post 561298)
Savannah, GA would be nice.

Orlando works for me too. :D

I agree,Savannah has plenty of great resturants and sight seeing is awesome,I live near Augusta.

vtelvr 02-29-2012 8:18am

Has this died? Maybe BRII is where the meet up will take place...

joecaver 02-29-2012 8:51am

Perhaps the scope was to large as a regional event. It might do better as a GA event and others could join or not as they wish. It also sounded like a lot of people felt Atlanta was too far. Maybe just a different place, Chattanooga? It's not too far for GA people and closer to those north of us. Just my thoughts.

vtelvr 02-29-2012 10:09am

You could be onto something there Joe. I agree...I would love to have it in Chattanooga...It's a great city, and they have some pretty good places to dine up there too.