The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   How to end school shootings... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115035)

lspencer534 02-17-2018 12:09pm

How to end school shootings...

If one Nation knows how to work properly around the threat of terrorism, it’s the Nation of Israel, which is beset on all sides by its enemies and is under threat 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

In 1974, Israel endured the Ma’alot Massacre in which Palestinian terrorists took 115 people hostage at Netiv Meir Elementary School. Twenty-two children and three others were killed and 68 injured. Israel now requires schools with 100 or more students to have a guard posted. The civilian police force handles the entire security system of all schools from kindergarten through college. The Ministry of Education funds shelters and fences, reinforces school buses, and hires and trains guards.

Guards don’t just stand around. They check everyone entering, and engage threats.

And yeah, they’ve got guns.The lawful purposes for carrying guns are very clear: protect school personnel and students, create a sense of security, deter the ill-intended, and provide self-defense.

Israel also trains their students. Instead of just hiding, or freezing in times of danger, students are taught proactive ways to make the gunman’s job more difficult. This includes using things found in the classroom to form a barricade around the door, taking opportune moments to get somewhere safe while the shooter can’t fire due to reloading or weapon malfunctions.

At this time here, many schools have fire drills despite the fact that serious, life-threatening fires are a very uncommon thing to see. Yet despite the rise in school shootings, there is no plan in place on how to deal with one should one start.

Right now, America is the deer-in-headlights. Gun control debates are a distraction and impractical, and criminals ignore laws anyway. Crazy people are obviously not being dealt with properly – students at Parkland even predicted this would happen.

The solution to limiting the destruction that occurs during school shootings, if not stopping it completely, is armed guards and student training. It’s worked for a nation with enemies living literally right next door, and it’ll work for the United States.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...ool-shootings/

DAB 02-17-2018 12:20pm

similar idea from Newt:

Newt Gingrich: After the Florida shootings, here's a practical proposal to protect our children | Fox News

DAB 02-17-2018 12:23pm

and the smear campaign is on.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-n...-politics.html

Jeff '79 02-17-2018 12:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1614634)

Meh... The Russians posted that.
You can't believe anything that you read on the net anymore

Dave 02-17-2018 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lspencer534 (Post 1614632)

At this time here, many schools have fire drills despite the fact that serious, life-threatening fires are a very uncommon thing to see. Yet despite the rise in school shootings, there is no plan in place on how to deal with one should one start.

What kind of idiot wrote this?
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School had a plan. They had drills, and the teachers and students responded exactly as they had been trained. They locked and barricaded doors and sought safe cover as the writer said they do in Israel.

Shrike6 02-17-2018 1:00pm

And that guy who was killed shielding kids was not allowed to be armed. So, he was killed, instead of stopping the attack. Criminal.

MrPeabody 02-17-2018 7:00pm

There are armed police at every school in my county, except for one high school that has chosen to opt out of it for reasons I don't know.

VatorMan 02-17-2018 7:32pm

A couple of problems with this scenario. The school had an armed security guard. The vile dipshit was a former student so would have known that.

This time the soft target aspect doesn't work.

Armed guard at Florida school never encountered rampaging gunman - NY Daily News

Bill 02-17-2018 8:57pm

FL Student Wishes Football Coach Had A Gun | The Daily Caller

One of the ROTC kids who used kevlar mats to shield his friends from the shooter seems to think that if the coach had a CCW, things would have been different.

The left wants their only option to be cower and flee. Maybe they should have the option to take the fight to the enemy, too.

JRD77VET 02-17-2018 9:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1614685)
A couple of problems with this scenario. The school had an armed security guard. The vile dipshit was a former student so would have known that.

This time the soft target aspect doesn't work.

Armed guard at Florida school never encountered rampaging gunman - NY Daily News

Knowing that a target could have an armed response might stop the attacks too.

He tried to get away, he didn't stay and commit suicide by police or his own hand.

VatorMan 02-17-2018 9:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1614696)
Knowing that a target could have an armed response might stop the attacks too.

He tried to get away, he didn't stay and commit suicide by police or his own hand.

I am a firm believer in armed teachers and staff. It's just previously it was stated about soft targets. This filth knew there was an armed guard at that facility and went anyway.

Dave 02-17-2018 10:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1614682)
There are armed police at every school in my county, except for one high school that has chosen to opt out of it for reasons I don't know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1614682)

AN armed cop? ONE? How many entrances did the school have? Even if the guard knew the shooting was going to happen, and if the shooter entered the school anywhere other than the location of the cop, would the casualty rate be any different? Confused cop trying to find an assailant amid chaos. Good luck.

MrPeabody 02-18-2018 1:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 1614699)
AN armed cop? ONE? How many entrances did the school have? Even if the guard knew the shooting was going to happen, and if the shooter entered the school anywhere other than the location of the cop, would the casualty rate be any different? Confused cop trying to find an assailant amid chaos. Good luck.

Small community with small schools. I'm not implying that one armed officer provides guaranteed safety. I just wanted to say my county is trying the idea of LEOs assigned to each school. Not volunteers or whatever. Sheriff's Deputies. So far so good.:yesnod:

Sea Six 02-18-2018 1:53am

He used to attend the school, so he knew the gates would be unlocked about twenty minutes before school was out. The school resource officer went around opening them up and the shooter knew it would take a while.

He likely knew which entrance to use at a particular time so that the armed officer would be at the opposite end of the school.

This is why he started shooting just before school was dismissed.

Vet4jdc 02-18-2018 6:06am

I've been saying this for years. Each city or county should put armed security on the payroll for every school. Lock down all means of entry and everyone entering must go past a security check. These weak puzzys that decide to cause a threat at gun free school zone will go somewhere else. School problem solved!!! :seasix:

Dave 02-18-2018 9:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1614700)
Small community with small schools. I'm not implying that one armed officer provides guaranteed safety. I just wanted to say my county is trying the idea of LEOs assigned to each school. Not volunteers or whatever. Sheriff's Deputies. So far so good.:yesnod:

We've had "liason officers" in school for years around here. Real cops. Stupidest idea ever. They're not there to protect against something like this, which is so remote as to be almost implausible statistically. They're there to make criminals out of kids for doing what kids have always done. Get in a fight? Better turn that over to the police for a look-see at an assault charge.

Dave 02-18-2018 9:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet4jdc (Post 1614706)
I've been saying this for years. Each city or county should put armed security on the payroll for every school. Lock down all means of entry and everyone entering must go past a security check. These weak puzzys that decide to cause a threat at gun free school zone will go somewhere else. School problem solved!!! :seasix:

Because nobody would think to wait until all of those secure spots are opened so thousands of people can leave at once? Wait.... that's what happened in Florida.

If he hadn't gained access to the building, would he not have just made his attack outside where hundreds of people were congregating after school, with no meaningful cover?

Olustee bus 02-18-2018 9:34am

1 Attachment(s)
It is clear to me that not only should the adults at a school be armed but the students should to. Here is an innovative solution from Alabama that should be considered nationwide.

Alabama principal asks students to bring in cans to defend against intruders | Daily Mail Online

The problem would be that the federal government would come in and regulate the types of cans they bring in. It would evolve and over time it would end up being canned onion rings.

Broken Wind 02-18-2018 10:58am

One armed person to protect a student population is nothing more than a token effort.

VatorMan 02-18-2018 11:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1614735)
One armed person to protect a student population is nothing more than a token effort.

Sooooo..... this is what's needed ?

https://i1.wp.com/www.helptohopeonli...size=300%2C199