The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mod Party Saturday July 10th (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3113)

thegreenman 06-16-2010 2:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by leec4ce (Post 39051)
"THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" "THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" "THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" :above: :dance: :hurray: :groupwave: :banana1: :thumbsup:

Sounds like you are now ready for the party. :D :beer: :cheers:

Z51 Silver Surfer 06-16-2010 7:15pm

Quote:

"THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" "THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" "THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" :above: :dance: :hurray: :groupwave: :banana1: :thumbsup:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT:dance:

zz4vetteguy 06-17-2010 6:05am

Quote:

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Did the coaters had deliver them themselves? :lolsmile:

Shrek 06-18-2010 8:14am

Road trip

FastZR-1 (Ed), YorkL8apex (Tony), and I are headed for NY this afternoon to pick up a ZR-1 and the 4 post lift.

That means we'll have side by side lifts for the mod-fest!!! :dance:

:cheers:

Munch 06-18-2010 10:00am

Have a safe trip!

thegreenman 06-18-2010 10:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrek (Post 39168)
FastZR-1 (Ed), YorkL8apex (Tony), and I are headed for NY this afternoon to pick up a ZR-1 and the 4 post lift.

Sweet, you guys have fun. :cheers:

1TZSLO 06-18-2010 4:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrek (Post 38961)
Here are some basic directions to Tulls Creek road. I will PM the exact address to anyone coming down.

You can avoid the $2 toll by taking the 2nd Hillcrest Pkwy exit.
Jeff

Yeah I had a friend that lived there, and we always avoided the toll.

1TZSLO 06-18-2010 4:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra4B (Post 38939)
Sure man... it's a nice drive down General Booth turns into Princess Anne then through the back roads to 168 and down to Shrek's.

Cool, we can figure out a time to leave next sat at the C&C. Ill have the Vette back from VA speed Next Friday, It goes in Monday for H/C install.

zz4vetteguy 06-18-2010 6:48pm

Quote:

wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....does that say AND a ZR-1?????

Quote:

We can have dueling header installs :lolsmile:

zz4vetteguy 06-18-2010 6:51pm

Jeff, when can we start invading your playground? Lee and I will prolly try to get up there early with the Vettes and the parts so they can cool down and go do some shopping.

Shrek 06-20-2010 11:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 39214)
wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....does that say AND a ZR-1?????

Yes! It's a BLK/RED 93 (#017) Belongs to a longtime friend that's moving from NY to FL and doesn't have room for it down there. So being the kind hearted person I am, I offered to store it for him. Oh yeah, I also have to pull the dash and replace a leaky heater core while it's here.

HUGE THANKS! to Tony and Ed for riding along, breaking down the lift, and packing everything on the trailer for the ride home. 865 miles round trip 3:40PM FRI-8:15PM SAT. Most of all, for enduring the agonizing pain of driving the ZR-1 back to VA!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 39215)
Jeff, when can we start invading your playground? Lee and I will prolly try to get up there early with the Vettes and the parts so they can cool down and go do some shopping.

Any time after 7AM

FastZR-1 06-20-2010 12:53pm

Good Times. :above:

Here's a sneak peak of our road trip. I'll have a full write-up later this week. The trip was well documented and a good run.

The lift getting ready to be town apart.
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9066/liftx.jpg

The '93 ZR-1. Thanks for letting me get 3 stints behind the wheel Tony.
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8636/zr1b.jpg

BTW, I'm not going to make it up for the tech day. You can remove my name.

zz4vetteguy 06-22-2010 5:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastZR-1 (Post 39296)

BTW, I'm not going to make it up for the tech day. You can remove my name.

Dang, sorry to hear you won't be able to miss it....it will be well documented and photographed and written up...and with me playing with tools, there may even been suspense and an ER visit or three. :lolsmile:

YorkL8apex 06-23-2010 7:15pm

Add me to the list I can watch others work, eat, and drink:party: with the best of 'em!

zz4vetteguy 06-25-2010 6:00am

Still not to late if anyone wants to join us, just shout out. I know there are a couple new people in the area, and this would be a great time to meet some of the locals. Just shout out and I will add ya to the list.

So ummmm, as I said before....beer, I don't drink the stuff, but never hurts to have a few cold ones in the cooler...what is a good all around beer that most people like?

Cobra4B 06-25-2010 8:19am

Normally I don't drink before noon! But I'm find with basic bud light.

Shrek 06-25-2010 3:01pm

No beer for me or the wife!

Add IMXCITD-Bill to the list.

zz4vetteguy 06-25-2010 4:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrek (Post 39291)

Any time after 7AM

Then I plan on being there about 7:03 am...LOL I figure the earlier I get there the better, maybe call an "unofficial" 9am start time. That will give the cars a few hours to cool down, and time for Lee and I do pick up some last minute things....We will just take the ZR-1 that is being boarded...:D

Randy offered to bring his Tahoe, but HOPEFULLY I will be able to talk my father into coming down and driving the Duramax so Lee and I can throw our headers in the back, and Randy will be free to drive the Vette if he wants.

Shrek 06-25-2010 7:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 39751)
Then I plan on being there about 7:03 am...LOL I figure the earlier I get there the better, maybe call an "unofficial" 9am start time. That will give the cars a few hours to cool down, and time for Lee and I do pick up some last minute things....We will just take the ZR-1 that is being boarded...:D

:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 39751)
Randy offered to bring his Tahoe, but HOPEFULLY I will be able to talk my father into coming down and driving the Duramax so Lee and I can throw our headers in the back, and Randy will be free to drive the Vette if he wants.

You and Lee are welcome to drop them off at my shop any day in the next 2 weeks and i'll bring them down. I'm just off of Newtown on Arrowhead Drive till 3:30 Mon-Fri.

thegreenman 06-25-2010 9:48pm

I might not be able to make it on the 10th, I won't know until the 9th. One guy at work is heading to Germany, then I find out one guy is quitting and guess who gets to cover the extra hours. :kick: