The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C5 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Dyno Day VA Speed (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2740)

mariofromnewyork 04-25-2010 6:08pm

Dyno Day VA Speed

Looking to put together a Dyno day at VA speed for the 29th of May.

Time will be set when Ed gets back but it either is going to start at 9am or 12am I will no Tomorrow!

Dyno day will cost $50 per person and you will receive 2 pulls. We can Bar-B-Q or we can get some food after a cruise to Jenros.

I will update this post and your $50 dollars is non refundable as once we book the Dyno there is no turning back. I will have faith that you will pay on site or you can paypal me in advance!

I am looking for at least 10 people and so far I have:

1. Mariofromnewyork
2. Deadcafe
3. Deadcafe
4. Leukic
5. Vallivette
6. Ninjalions

1TZSLO 04-25-2010 10:44pm

Of Course im down-- Leukic is I

WKMCD 04-26-2010 5:35am

The good thing here is at VA Speed you'll get a real number - not some inflated tricked up HP number. The bad thing is at VA Speed you'll get a real number - not some inflated tricked up HP number. :yesnod:

I think alot of people take as gospel the numbers puked out by some shops using all kinds of dyno tricks or flat out manipulating the results. On LS1tech there are more than a few "happy" dyno's. Great as a sales tool and for "dyno racing" but little else.:computer:

Sneaks 04-26-2010 6:44am

I'll take a maybe on this one. Don't know my schedule right now. :thumbs:

1TZSLO 04-26-2010 11:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 34227)
The good thing here is at VA Speed you'll get a real number - not some inflated tricked up HP number. The bad thing is at VA Speed you'll get a real number - not some inflated tricked up HP number. :yesnod:

I think alot of people take as gospel the numbers puked out by some shops using all kinds of dyno tricks or flat out manipulating the results. On LS1tech there are more than a few "happy" dyno's. Great as a sales tool and for "dyno racing" but little else.:computer:

I tried to get on their Dyno on their open house day, but just ran outta time. Because I am wanting to see the difference my car will do.

Cobra4B 04-26-2010 12:10pm

I may stop by and hang out, but no need to dyno my vert... allready had that done at another dyno day and no material changes since.

mariofromnewyork 04-26-2010 5:39pm

All are welcome to come by and hang out as stated before $50 gets you 2 dyno pulls.

Afterwards we can take a little cruise and go from there.

It will be fun!

Mario

thegreenman 04-26-2010 6:12pm

I don't know if I an make it yet, but I might come down to hang out.

1TZSLO 04-26-2010 8:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariofromnewyork (Post 34262)
It will be fun!

:above::above::iagree::iagree::beer:

mariofromnewyork 05-01-2010 7:20pm

Just realized this is Memorial day weekend and there is no way i would ask those boys at VA SPEED to take time away from there family!

We will reschedule for a different time!!

Mario

zz4vetteguy 05-01-2010 9:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra4B (Post 34251)
I may stop by and hang out, but no need to dyno my vert... allready had that done at another dyno day and no material changes since.

:iagree:

BTW, this thread may due better in the Mid-Atlantic section since VA Speed is in Virginia Beach.