The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What would you do or say ? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125094)

04 commemorative 02-22-2021 12:19pm

What would you do or say ?

We have two VERY good friends in another state....they come to visit usually 2 times )sometimes 3 times) a year and stay for 4 days each time . They have gotten their vaccines and we have not....truthfully we are not 100% sure we want to get them. The other day on the phone the wife was talking with Laurie and "indicated" that anyone that did not get their vaccine would not be allowed in their home...she used another couple as an example saying that the wife got it but the husband refuses and she will not allow him to come in.
They also hate Trump and for 4 years that's all we heard and I never would engage in political talk with them. Now we hear how Biden will save us all bla bla. Like I said,they are two very dear friends that we don't want to lose but (there's always a but right) I feel like we are almost being bullied to get the shot.
I was thinking to saying that to them,Laurie doesn't want me to as she is afraid of what the outcome might be.
I have already asked my husband so no need to tell me that :lol:...I have never asked anyone if they got the flu shot and would never ask or tell someone they had to in order to visit us. I fully expect some asinine responses here but am looking for some real suggestions too.....Thanks.

Norm 02-22-2021 12:37pm

Ask them how much do they value your friendship. Go from there.
Also just request not to discuss any politics, it's too volatile and divisive, it's been known to dissolve old friendships.

Strats-N-Vettes 02-22-2021 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1861029)
Also just request not to discuss any politics, it's too volatile and divisive, it's been known to dissolve old friendships.

:iagree:
[/thread]

Iron Chef 02-22-2021 12:42pm

Quote:

:iagree:

Don Lemon on CNN made it very public that he will no longer be friends with anyone who supports Trump. An acquaintance of mine said she will not be friends with anyone who is a liberal.

People have lost their fucking minds. :willy:

How absolutely childish can you be? I have friends on "both sides of the aisle" so to speak. We just do not discuss politics. Period. Someone who plays those kind of games is probably someone not worth being friends with, IMHO.

Mick 02-22-2021 12:44pm

They are coming to your house? If people were coming to my house, and I thought the lack of vaccination would be an issue, I would just gently tell them that the wife and I have not been vaccinated, and at the moment, have no plans to get the vaccination, and see how they react.

I would love to, but probably wouldn't actually, make fun of them for being vaccinated but still not wanting to be around the unvaccinated. If that is really how they feel, why did they get the vaccine in the first place? Like I said, in real life, I would probably skip that part.

If they say they don't want to come, because of the lack of vaccination of their hosts, I would just say something like "I'm sorry to hear that, maybe conditions will change in the future.", and leave it at that.

The_Dude 02-22-2021 12:53pm

What do you need friends for?

z06psi 02-22-2021 1:00pm

Destroy the relationship by talking non stop about Trump and unconstitutional Biden.

[emoji1787]

DAB 02-22-2021 1:05pm

if you don't feel comfy coming over or having us come over, then we'll talk on the phone until things change.

Vandelay Industries 02-22-2021 1:17pm

1 Attachment(s)
Send them a nice card. :grouphug::grouphug:

Attachment 53415

Taurus

Steve_R 02-22-2021 1:26pm

Tell 'em your medical information and decisions are none of their ****ing business. I'm sure they'll understand. :seasix:

Anjdog2003 02-22-2021 1:58pm

I won't talk to anyone that's in before snide.

MadInNc 02-22-2021 2:03pm

Quote:

Yep....:seasix:

JetMechZ16 02-22-2021 2:07pm

I'd tell you, but, you know, HIPAA. :island14:

BADRACR1 02-22-2021 2:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1861034)
They are coming to your house? If people were coming to my house, and I thought the lack of vaccination would be an issue, I would just gently tell them that the wife and I have not been vaccinated, and at the moment, have no plans to get the vaccination, and see how they react...

If they say they don't want to come, because of the lack of vaccination of their hosts, I would just say something like "I'm sorry to hear that, maybe conditions will change in the future.", and leave it at that.

This.

gs568 02-22-2021 5:59pm

Let them decide to end the friendship by stating that they stole the election.

MikeB 02-22-2021 6:03pm

I'd tell them that neither oy you have gotten the vaccine, and
you're unsure if you will get it anytime soon.

See what happens.

Bummer, didn't see this thread at CF.
Should go over well there.

snide 02-22-2021 9:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1861013)
We have two VERY good friends in another state....they come to visit usually 2 times )sometimes 3 times) a year and stay for 4 days each time . They have gotten their vaccines and we have not....truthfully we are not 100% sure we want to get them. The other day on the phone the wife was talking with Laurie and "indicated" that anyone that did not get their vaccine would not be allowed in their home...she used another couple as an example saying that the wife got it but the husband refuses and she will not allow him to come in.
They also hate Trump and for 4 years that's all we heard and I never would engage in political talk with them. Now we hear how Biden will save us all bla bla. Like I said,they are two very dear friends that we don't want to lose but (there's always a but right) I feel like we are almost being bullied to get the shot.
I was thinking to saying that to them,Laurie doesn't want me to as she is afraid of what the outcome might be.
I have already asked my husband so no need to tell me that :lol:...I have never asked anyone if they got the flu shot and would never ask or tell someone they had to in order to visit us. I fully expect some asinine responses here but am looking for some real suggestions too.....Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you're not talking about my Laurie, as I doubt she would agree to get the vaccination. And if she did, I might not let her back in the house. :leaving:

Bottom line, if your friends are truly your friends, they shouldn't insist on you and your Laurie getting vaccinated before they'll visit it you in your house.

Oh, and ask your husband what he'd do! :D

:cheers:

04 commemorative 02-22-2021 9:26pm

I did and he said to ask your Laurie :lol:

snide 02-22-2021 9:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1861209)
I did and he said to ask your Laurie :lol:

:funnier::funnier::funnier:

:cheers:

Aerovette 02-22-2021 9:52pm

I have very dear friends myself and they are dear enough that I could tell them to go **** themselves if they pulled this shit, and we'd still be friends.