The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Don't forget about setting back your clocks today (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117727)

69camfrk 11-03-2018 6:38am

Don't forget about setting back your clocks today

Don't wait until 2 a.m. Sunday morning. That is a totally bad plan. What you do is set it back around 7 or 8 tonight. Why you ask? Simple, if you set it back early, it gives you an extra hour of drinking before midnight!:cert::datawiz::shots:

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-03-2018 7:07am

Did you ride your MC today ya rotten prick? :cry: :rofl:

69camfrk 11-03-2018 7:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1648680)
Did you ride your MC today ya rotten prick? :cry: :rofl:

That is Mr. Rotten Prick to you!:D Chances are that yes I will ride. I just got out of bed an hour or so ago. Still working on the caffiene! If you didn't live in a frozen tundra, maybe you would be riding too!!!!:lol:

04 commemorative 11-03-2018 7:20am

Every year I hate doing it,I hate hearing how it causes everything....I am filled with time change rage.....:banghead:
Come on Trump....get rid of it :seasix:

Antfarmer2 11-03-2018 8:23am

Phone and puter set themselves cars are already set to the real time. Stop the bullshit and leave it alone. :seasix::cert::seasix:

simpleman68 11-03-2018 8:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1648684)
If you didn't live in a frozen tundra, maybe you would be riding too!!!!:lol:

:funnier: damn

We finally got our cold snap this week. Had the air conditioner on straight through October. :cool:

Shop still has my bike from months ago working on valve train. It's 30+ years old and no other dealers want to touch it.
I should have rebuilt it in the garage but I just don't have the time I used to.
Scott

69camfrk 11-03-2018 9:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1648693)
:funnier: damn

We finally got our cold snap this week. Had the air conditioner on straight through October. :cool:

Shop still has my bike from months ago working on valve train. It's 30+ years old and no other dealers want to touch it.
I should have rebuilt it in the garage but I just don't have the time I used to.
Scott

What kind of bike do you have?

simpleman68 11-03-2018 10:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1648696)
What kind of bike do you have?

An '85 Yamaha Maxim X. I know.... but it is identical to the one I had in the early 90s when I was poor and couldn't afford a car. My Uncle gave me his.

Got this one from the original owner in WI a few years ago. Has 6k on the clock and is in showroom condition.
They only made these for 2 years and most of them have been badly butchered and hacked.

It's a good little bar hopper.
Scott

https://i.imgur.com/H3RkjiVh.jpg

MrPeabody 11-03-2018 9:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1648677)
Don't wait until 2 a.m. Sunday morning. That is a totally bad plan. What you do is set it back around 7 or 8 tonight. Why you ask? Simple, if you set it back early, it gives you an extra hour of drinking before midnight!:cert::datawiz::shots:

Done.:shots::seasix:

MikeB 11-04-2018 9:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk
Why you ask? Simple, if you set it back early, it gives you an extra hour of drinking before midnight.

Fell asleep on the couch last night around 10pm, drank enough during the day.
Tired out from leaf raking, and putting the car & bike up for the winter.

I did mine this morning.

Bill 11-04-2018 9:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1648677)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1648759)
Done.:shots::seasix:

I love it when a plan comes together!

Thunder22 11-04-2018 9:54am

I need to stop buying watches....

StaticCling 11-04-2018 11:14am

I changed all of mine late afternoon yesterday...

I seriously hope California ditches this bullshit and sticks with daylight savings time PERMANENTLY. I understand the point of this when we were predominantly an agrarian society, but that ship has sailed.

That said, the falling back thing is kind of a pain in the ass with mechanical clocks as you have to stop them and let them catch up. Well, it's not that big of a deal, but still.

Loco Vette 11-04-2018 11:23am

Did bedroom clock, watch, and Corvette. Just truck and Mercedes to go, which I'll do next time I drive them. No biggie. Great night sleep last night, though!

Thunder22 11-04-2018 11:23am

Another little known fact is that the official name is Daylight Saving Time, not SavingS...

Bill 11-04-2018 11:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1648778)
I changed all of mine late afternoon yesterday...

I seriously hope California ditches this bullshit and sticks with daylight savings time PERMANENTLY. I understand the point of this when we were predominantly an agrarian society, but that ship has sailed.

That said, the falling back thing is kind of a pain in the ass with mechanical clocks as you have to stop them and let them catch up. Well, it's not that big of a deal, but still.

It's problematic with mantle clocks that have no mechanism to stop the movement. Digital clocks are no problem. Grandfather clocks are a little hassle in the Spring.

+1 for end it. This seems like something Trump could get behind and actually do. I bet most Americans are just as tired of the bullshit as we are.

The libertarian conspiracy theorist in me also says, if the government can arbitrarily change something so fundamental as what time it is, what else can it do to us?

:ohnoes:

StaticCling 11-04-2018 1:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1648781)
It's problematic with mantle clocks that have no mechanism to stop the movement. Digital clocks are no problem. Grandfather clocks are a little hassle in the Spring.

+1 for end it. This seems like something Trump could get behind and actually do. I bet most Americans are just as tired of the bullshit as we are.

The libertarian conspiracy theorist in me also says, if the government can arbitrarily change something so fundamental as what time it is, what else can it do to us?

:ohnoes:

Going forward is no big deal...just got a stop on the quarters for the chime...takes a minute or so. :island14:

Bill 11-04-2018 2:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1648789)
Going forward is no big deal...just got a stop on the quarters for the chime...takes a minute or so. :island14:

:nono:

Not if it's a Howard Miller with the Keininger movement. Their mantle clocks can be set up like that, but the grandfather clocks require the clock to actually tick through the 5 minutes before the chime strikes. You have to wait for the clock to strike, then you can advance it 10 minutes, then have to wait for it to run 5 minutes on its own, strike, then repeat.

First world problems, yes.

Dan Dlabay 11-04-2018 2:41pm

Set mine yesterday. With all the new technology in cars today still have change to clock in a car manually.:cert:

DAB 11-04-2018 2:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1648780)
Another little known fact is that the official name is Daylight Saving Time, not SavingS...

thank you Cliff.