The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   This Is A Shocker (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118355)

Norm 01-07-2019 10:25am

This Is A Shocker

Members of a Georgia family returning home Wednesday after traveling over the holidays said they were stunned to find that a man they did not recognize had changed the locks and claimed the house was his.

Janice Henson told WSB-TV the key to her family's Marietta home wouldn't work when she tried the lock. Matters took a bizarre turn when a man in a wheelchair came to the door and told her to leave. Henson said the stranger also claimed to have a gun.

Police were called, leading to a five-hour standoff between officers, a SWAT team and the suspect. At one point, WSB reported, the SWAT team broke down the door and sent in a robot to locate the suspect.

The man, identified as 26-year-old Nathaniel Jacob Nuckols, eventually surrendered to law enforcement. He was charged with felony first-degree burglary and making terroristic threats as well as misdemeanor obstruction. He was being held in the Cobb County jail in lieu of $33,220 bond.

Henson told WSB she did not know how long Nuckols had been in their house, but she noticed that some of the family's belongings had been moved and all their food was gone.

"He also left us notes thanking us for the key and thanking us for letting him live here, and it was his house now,” Henson told the station. “He moved all the pictures, emptied drawers. He was making this house his."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-f...living-in-home

snide 01-07-2019 1:49pm

That takes balls.

Ol Timer 01-07-2019 1:52pm

What a Nuckol-head.

simpleman68 01-07-2019 2:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1655397)
That takes balls.

Hell, that's amateur work. I'm still paying for an ex who played this sheit 15 years ago. :lol:
Only 2.5 yrs to go
Scott

snide 01-07-2019 5:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1655400)
Hell, that's amateur work. I'm still paying for an ex who played this sheit 15 years ago. :lol:
Only 2.5 yrs to go
Scott

Lucky. I've got just over 4 years to go. :ack:

MrPeabody 01-07-2019 5:59pm

What's a shocker is the police didn't tell him they would have to hire a lawyer and begin eviction procedures to get him out.:leaving:

VITE1 01-08-2019 9:42am

This happens a lot more than people realize. And it can be very expensive for the homeowner just to get the scumbags out of the house.

Shrike6 01-08-2019 8:55pm

1X .45 cal jhp. Maybe .55 cents. Problem solved. Remember, scumbag is in your house without being invited and threatens you. Good shoot.

simpleman68 01-09-2019 4:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1655409)
Lucky. I've got just over 4 years to go. :ack:

Daughter moved in with us 3.5 years ago so "support" payments were done with.

Haven't received one penny during that time and she has a very good job and few other bills.
She once threatened to have me arrested because I was 4 days late once. I was on a business trip...

By the time our daughter was 5 I had given her $80k while she ran around town telling everyone I was stiffing her.

Good times...
Scott

Bill 01-09-2019 5:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1655591)
Daughter moved in with us 3.5 years ago so "support" payments were done with.

Haven't received one penny during that time and she has a very good job and few other bills.
She once threatened to have me arrested because I was 4 days late once. I was on a business trip...

By the time our daughter was 5 I had given her $80k while she ran around town telling everyone I was stiffing her.

Good times...
Scott

Hey, no one wants to hear about your male privilege. Smash the patriarchy! Muh wage gap!

/s

simpleman68 01-09-2019 5:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1655594)
Hey, no one wants to hear about your male privilege. Smash the patriarchy! Muh wage gap!

/s

Oh yeah.... :funnier: :funnier:

I chose the wrong person and that I take full responsibility for.
The incomprehensible part is how skewed rights are.

I used to tell my wife about my rights; "I have precious few except for the primary one which is the right to write the check"

Of course she squandered all of it, racked up credit card debt, student debt, cost of living debt and then claimed bankruptcy. But only after spending all of her husband's retirement money.

She is on her 5th victim now and the pattern is the same. Use their resources and then roll onto the next sucker.
One of the reasons our daughter at 11 yrs old asked to come live with us. Best thing to ever happen for her although it saddens me that I can't control her mom. :sadangel:

I'm very fortunate to have an awesome wife who has supported me through this. I've always done my best to leave her out of any drama and that's made all the difference.
Scott