The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What is (was) this? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121158)

Stevedore 01-02-2020 5:17pm

What is (was) this?

1 Attachment(s)
I noticed this on my front lawn this morning. We live in sort of a rural area, with several farms around, & I'm thinking it looks like a partial chicken, based on the leg.

I'm wondering why only part of it is gone, if a predator had it. We have foxes, hawks, and coyotes in the area. I'm thinking maybe a hawk was flying with it & dropped it? I've found partial snakes & other birds before.

Aerovette 01-02-2020 5:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevedore (Post 1708153)
I noticed this on my front lawn this morning. We live in sort of a rural area, with several farms around, & I'm thinking it looks like a partial chicken, based on the leg.

I'm wondering why only part of it is gone, if a predator had it. We have foxes, hawks, and coyotes in the area. I'm thinking maybe a hawk was flying with it & dropped it? I've found partial snakes & other birds before.

OMG RAAZOR's HURT !!

@Raazor

DJ_Critterus 01-02-2020 5:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1708155)
OMG RAAZOR's HURT !!

He'll still be running around without his head like usual. No need to worry.

IrishSpuds 01-02-2020 7:31pm

Looks like a non gender specific purse.

78SA 01-02-2020 7:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSpuds (Post 1708299)
Looks like a non gender specific purse.

:lol:

Vegas 01-02-2020 7:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevedore (Post 1708153)

Jersey Giant

BOTY 01-02-2020 7:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas (Post 1708322)
Jersey Giant

:seasix: or at least part of it, a good sized bird.

ThePirate 01-03-2020 12:24pm

The sky is falling.

Stevedore 01-03-2020 2:41pm

Well, it disappeared overnight. I'm guessing another critter or whatever carried it away for a late dinner. We have a lot of black vultures in the area, but they usually dine in place, rather than take-out. Maybe a fox or coyote. :island14:

Aerovette 01-03-2020 4:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevedore (Post 1708875)
Well, it disappeared overnight. I'm guessing another critter or whatever carried it away for a late dinner. We have a lot of black vultures in the area, but they usually dine in place, rather than take-out. Maybe a fox or coyote. :island14:

Raazor has 9 lives. :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

He has to with all the birthdays Adog dishes out.