The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   SeaSix Mofo: Check in. Don't go all RBG on us. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118575)

Bill 02-05-2019 7:54pm

SeaSix Mofo: Check in. Don't go all RBG on us.

:dance:

@SeaSix

MEANZ06 02-06-2019 8:32pm

:waiting: I was wondering about this a few days ago

Bill 02-07-2019 10:04am

Does anyone here know Clark personally? Seems like it's time to send out a rescue party, seriously.

86RAG 02-08-2019 7:11am

See him posting in CFOT, so I guess he's OK. Must just be mad at us :confused5:

snide 02-08-2019 10:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86RAG (Post 1658352)
See him posting in CFOT, so I guess he's OK. Must just be mad at snide :confused5:

Fixeded. :shrug:

dwjz06 02-08-2019 11:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86RAG (Post 1658352)
See him posting in CFOT, so I guess he's OK. Must just be mad at us :confused5:

:seasix:

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1658371)

:shrug:

86RAG 02-08-2019 4:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1658371)

:iagree:

:rofl:

Cybercowboy 02-08-2019 5:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1658250)
Does anyone here know Clark personally? Seems like it's time to send out a rescue party, seriously.

I have a phone number for him, if you're interested. It was his cell phone from around 2012-ish.

Bill 02-08-2019 7:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1658425)
I have a phone number for him, if you're interested. It was his cell phone from around 2012-ish.

I mean, if he's posting at the bad place as stated, I guess no action is needed. I was just genuinely worried something had happened. Who would feed Molly?

StaticCling 02-08-2019 10:05pm

There was a thread about heavy handed moderating and a few people called him out, I think that is what pissed him off. :island14:

JRD77VET 02-08-2019 10:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1658456)
There was a thread about heavy handed moderating and a few people called him out, I think that is what pissed him off. :island14:

I guess the truth hurt :island14:

StaticCling 02-09-2019 1:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1658457)
I guess the truth hurt :island14:

I'm not going to rag on the guy. We should all be appreciative that he contributed to keeping the doors open on this place.

I even had a small beef with him early on when he gave me a hard time about my avatar...I was even butthurt for a few days about it...I ultimately realized that this is an internet forum and I'm a grown ass man...I got over it and moved on. Bigger shit to worry about than the politics and minutia on an internet forum. His approach to that situation was bullshit though. He told me that people were upset about it (my avatar), which was a flat out lie.

Lastly, after he received moderator privileges because of his contributions to keeping the doors open here, he should have considered attempting to change the culture of an established forum would be met with some push back.

That's all I am going to say about it, and I would welcome him back no problem. :island14:

JRD77VET 02-09-2019 7:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1658498)
I'm not going to rag on the guy. We should all be appreciative that he contributed to keeping the doors open on this place.

I even had a small beef with him early on when he gave me a hard time about my avatar...I was even butthurt for a few days about it...I ultimately realized that this is an internet forum and I'm a grown ass man...I got over it and moved on. Bigger shit to worry about than the politics and minutia on an internet forum. His approach to that situation was bullshit though. He told me that people were upset about it (my avatar), which was a flat out lie.

Lastly, after he received moderator privileges because of his contributions to keeping the doors open here, he should have considered attempting to change the culture of an established forum would be met with some push back.

That's all I am going to say about it, and I would welcome him back no problem. :island14:

It's just me being blunt. He played "stupid games" with his moderator privileges "just because he could". Folks called him out on it.

That's my point.

Also, as I bolded in your reply, I'm not going to rag on him anymore, I backed up my previous comment with my reply.

And yes, I would welcome him back if he chooses to come back.

Jeff

Datawiz 02-09-2019 7:41pm

Power corrupts. It's a universal truth...and it doesn't have to be. What happened to serving out of the love of serving? (Dixie exemplifies this concept) I deal with this shit every day in my HOA. I've now taken down 2 corrupt presidents, and am on the prowl for any future violators. I could be the ultimate transparent president, with no agenda, but it's not in the cards. Thankless job, I have too many commitments, but when the next clown emerges, I'm gonna pounce hard again.

Our association has over $1 million in reserves. Dumbasses try to figure out how they can be in charge, and direct capital projects that they can skim kickbacks from. It's sickening. What ever happened to people who thought like Ronald Reagan? Do an honest job for the benefit of the people you represent?

Datawiz 02-09-2019 7:54pm

A for instance...

I've now been the president of my autocross club for nearly 8 years. WTF? Really? :willy:

Nothing is spent without my approval, I donate all of my time on the maintenance of the Tundra, but the club pays for the parts and consumables. Our club maintains a MASSIVE checking account now (we currently have way north of 20k and we have splurged mightily for the last 3 years on club xmas gatherings...to the tune of 5-7k each), where in the past the club had 4-5k in the account at any given time. :confused:

Not pointing fingers, just observing.

Rob 02-09-2019 8:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1658533)
Power corrupts. It's a universal truth...and it doesn't have to be. What happened to serving out of the love of serving? (Dixie exemplifies this concept)

Lol. Not really. I ignore most everyone here a lot of the time but I do appreciate the kind words.

Datawiz 02-09-2019 8:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1658545)
Lol. Not really. I ignore most everyone here a lot of the time but I do appreciate the kind words.

Rob, you are the real deal. You can't escape that. Thank you for what you do. :cert:

mrvette 02-09-2019 8:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1658533)
Power corrupts. It's a universal truth...and it doesn't have to be. What happened to serving out of the love of serving? (Dixie exemplifies this concept) I deal with this shit every day in my HOA. I've now taken down 2 corrupt presidents, and am on the prowl for any future violators. I could be the ultimate transparent president, with no agenda, but it's not in the cards. Thankless job, I have too many commitments, but when the next clown emerges, I'm gonna pounce hard again.

Our association has over $1 million in reserves. Dumbasses try to figure out how they can be in charge, and direct capital projects that they can skim kickbacks from. It's sickening. What ever happened to people who thought like Ronald Reagan? Do an honest job for the benefit of the people you represent?

Kan you rep ME to your over rich assn. and get me ten grand for a new roof???

:dance::rofl::lol:

99 pewtercoupe 02-09-2019 9:15pm

I really like this place but I fear for its future. We have a couple of dozen (at the most) members who are making 95% of the posts. When was the last time a new member became a regular poster?

markids77 02-09-2019 10:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1658552)
I really like this place but I fear for its future. We have a couple of dozen (at the most) members who are making 95% of the posts. When was the last time a new member became a regular poster?

Antfarmer comes immediately to mind. There are a couple others who post less frequently but who obviously spend some time here since they know what is going on.