The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C3 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   best custom 'Vette builder ??? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87206)

Mad Max 08-21-2015 5:22am

best custom 'Vette builder ???

G'day boys ,
greetings from Down under , always loved the mid 60's muscle since my very first car at 16 , a 65 SS Impala , now a bit older and a bit more cashed up , I'm looking to build my dream 69 Targa , rarer than rocking horse poop on this side of the globe , and those that can be found aren't worth a squirt anyway.
So thinking of coming for a jaunt stateside to find it and then looking for a builder who will go the extra mile to make it all happen , not fussed about budgets or deadlines etc , just want it built right with quality and detail first with everything else second.
A bewildering array of companies to be found on the web , all claiming this , that and the rest of it , but I'm thinking you blokes seem pretty dedicated to the cause , any suggestions as to a good (read best :driving skid:) builder ??

Cheers boys.

Norm 08-21-2015 9:23am

I can't personally recommend one but I'd have to say that if $$$ is not an issue, you may try to contact one of the dozen or so shops that are on the cable, TV, webnets , etc., that are rebuilding classics, like those on the Velocity channel, Graveyard cars, Counting cars, just to name a few. They'd probably jump at the opportunity to do a rebuild for an Aussie with big bucks. :D

Good luck with your endeavor. :seasix:

Mad Max 08-21-2015 6:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1394344)
I can't personally recommend one but I'd have to say that if $$$ is not an issue, you may try to contact one of the dozen or so shops that are on the cable, TV, webnets , etc., that are rebuilding classics, like those on the Velocity channel, Graveyard cars, Counting cars, just to name a few. They'd probably jump at the opportunity to do a rebuild for an Aussie with big bucks. :D

Good luck with your endeavor. :seasix:

Hey good onya Norm , much appreciated , been watching a few of those , and considering going down that route , some look very professional and switched right on , others tend to appear a bit more interested in "flipping" cars :) , a matter of doing a bit more "due diligence" I imagine.
Thanks for the reply mate :thumbsup:

Mad Max 08-21-2015 6:34pm

P.S. would anyone happen to know what the biggest displacement street legal engine is ??
I was thinking along the lines of the ZZ572 Crate block ??

Cheers boys.

Norm 08-21-2015 6:39pm

In the US, I don't believe there is a limit on horsepower size, as long as it meets street legal safety standards.

Mad Max 08-21-2015 7:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1394647)
In the US, I don't believe there is a limit on horsepower size, as long as it meets street legal safety standards.

Thanks again Norm , ..... I suppose it's time to talk to the RTA nazi's ... (our version of your DMV) and find out what the story is ..... that'll be fun.... :banghead:

Cheers mate.