The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So, 3 days ago (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122252)

carlton_fritz 04-08-2020 11:12pm

So, 3 days ago

I put ear drops in my left ear just after lunch. Later that evening, 8 or 9, I started hearing what sounds like my heartbeat in that ear. It's not all the time, but close enough to be annoying. As I typed this, it stopped. It will probably start up again.

Knooger 04-08-2020 11:55pm

1 Attachment(s)
:leaving:

MadInNc 04-09-2020 12:03am

1 Attachment(s)
Take your mask off....

Millenium Vette 04-09-2020 1:01am

https://i.imgur.com/UcLuDeLh.png

I think I am safe from the 'rona...

plus it reminds me of my first encounter.....:leaving:

carlton_fritz 04-09-2020 2:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1751527)
Take your mask off....

When I take it off, people ask me to put it back on or ask if I have a larger one that covers more of my face.

Olustee bus 04-09-2020 2:15am

the problem may be serious. Has your heart stopped beating. I would see a doctor.

bsmith 04-09-2020 6:29am

It's not your heartbeat, it's the ocean.

marrepka 04-09-2020 6:30am

One can always count on helpful and well reasoned advice from OT :seasix:

carlton_fritz 04-09-2020 9:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1751533)
the problem may be serious. Has your heart stopped beating. I would see a doctor.

Heart keeps on keeping on.

VITE1 04-09-2020 9:46am

Most likely not your heart beat. Its most likely earwigs. It was nice knowing you. :sadangel:

carlton_fritz 04-09-2020 9:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1751597)
Most likely not your heart beat. Its most likely earwigs. It was nice knowing you. :sadangel:

I think I may still have fluid in there. The dropper was being difficult and then felt like it poured the fluid into my ear.

BOTY 04-09-2020 10:38am

You put in too much. :yesnod:

Earthquake Driver 04-09-2020 10:57am

You got rabies from 04 commemorative

carlton_fritz 04-09-2020 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1751623)
You put in too much. :yesnod:

And since I have no hair, ok, a little cut short, I have no hair dryer to use to try and dry it out.

Cybercowboy 04-09-2020 11:31am

Buy that ear bulb thing at the drug store. Get a plastic bowl of warm water, go into the shower (do this before a shower), fill the bulb up, tilt you head so that you are spraying water directly into your ear canal straight up, and firmly squeeze the bulb. It will probably take several tries before you find the right angle, and maybe a few more to prove to yourself that you've flushed it all out. Works great, perfectly safe, and I'm always surprised more people don't do this.

Afterwards I recommend getting an eyedropper and putting a few drops of isopropyl alcohol in your ear. It will help dry the ear out fast and kill any lurking bacteria. You could use some hydrogen peroxide too if you want, or instead, or mix a little of each together. Alternately use Swimmer's Ear drops.

Aerovette 04-09-2020 3:09pm

I hear that all the time when it's quiet. I asked the ear doctor and he said I have a vein or artery close to my inner ear that is picking up the sound of my pulse. It sounds like soldiers marching in step.

Sea Six 04-09-2020 3:23pm

I second the Isopropyl alcohol flush. I'd go with 70% which is normal household type stuff.

I do this whenever I get water in my ear that won't seem to drain out on its own. I fill the cap about half full, lie down on the bed so the ear canal being targeted is pointed more or less straight up towards the ceiling, and pour it into my ear. Let it trickle down and wiggle your head to encourage everything to mix. When you straighten up, put a hand towel up to your ear to catch the mixture draining out. Repeat for the other ear.

I've done this for years. Doctor first recommended it when I got a case of swimmer's ear when I was a teenager... he told me to use Isopropyl alcohol to flush out any water after swimming in the future.

carlton_fritz 04-09-2020 4:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1751645)
Buy that ear bulb thing at the drug store. Get a plastic bowl of warm water, go into the shower (do this before a shower), fill the bulb up, tilt you head so that you are spraying water directly into your ear canal straight up, and firmly squeeze the bulb. It will probably take several tries before you find the right angle, and maybe a few more to prove to yourself that you've flushed it all out. Works great, perfectly safe, and I'm always surprised more people don't do this.

Afterwards I recommend getting an eyedropper and putting a few drops of isopropyl alcohol in your ear. It will help dry the ear out fast and kill any lurking bacteria. You could use some hydrogen peroxide too if you want, or instead, or mix a little of each together. Alternately use Swimmer's Ear drops.

Like this? https://www.amazon.com/Hand-Bulb-Ear...466309&sr=8-11

MrPeabody 04-09-2020 4:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1751772)

I flush my ears every day in the shower with one of those things. I do it after washing my hair because some of what builds up in your ears is residue from shampoo and conditioner. As one gets older, the hair inside your ear gets thicker and more plentiful, and it captures more stuff.

carlton_fritz 04-09-2020 5:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1751645)

I have hydrogen peroxide, but no isopropyl alcohol.Will that be good enough?