The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C6 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The best 40th BDAY present ever (because of the best wife ever!) (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3320)

FoleyZ06 07-08-2010 4:27pm

The best 40th BDAY present ever (because of the best wife ever!)

2 Attachment(s)
Comrades :above:

I am in the club officially...picked up a beauty today. 2008 Z06 with only 918 miles (previous owner told the dealership the car was to fast for them)...

Received a fantastic deal from Holiday Chevrolet in Williamsburg...

Pics attached....may the modding begin...

PS -- In case the wife happens to be reading vette barn forum, this could only have happened with her support, love and guidance (can't forget sacrifice) for making this happen on my 40th BDAY (actually July 11th...)...:dance:

Y2Kvert4me 07-08-2010 4:29pm

Very :cool1:

Congrats on the beautiful new ride! :hurray:

:cheers:

2ez 2spd 07-08-2010 6:31pm

Man that is a nice present, congrats :cheers:

I will have to make sure to show this thread to my wife, could you get yours to talk to mine :D

wwomanC6 07-08-2010 6:36pm

:above: She's a beauty alright! Sweet Ride. :o_o: Congrads :cheers:

:squirrelrun:

WKMCD 07-08-2010 7:33pm

Pics of wife.....

Just kidding, welcome back to the Vette owners club. Hope you have better luck with this one. :hurray:

thegreenman 07-08-2010 8:13pm

Very cool and happy birthday. :beer:

Mods you say, I have some ideas to throw at ya. :D

FoleyZ06 07-08-2010 10:01pm

Thanks bro, if you think it will help, most definitely!

:dance:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ez 2spd (Post 41008)
Man that is a nice present, congrats :cheers:

I will have to make sure to show this thread to my wife, could you get yours to talk to mine :D

FoleyZ06 07-08-2010 10:03pm

Outstanding Jeff...

Household goods are finally coming tomorrow...I took command of the unit yesterday, having some down time now and will hit the job on Monday.

We will need to rally for a cold one in the coming weekends!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 41027)
Very cool and happy birthday. :beer:

Mods you say, I have some ideas to throw at ya. :D

thegreenman 07-08-2010 10:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoleyCTS-V (Post 41045)
Outstanding Jeff...

Household goods are finally coming tomorrow...I took command of the unit yesterday, having some down time now and will hit the job on Monday.

We will need to rally for a cold one in the coming weekends!

Sounds good, let me know when.

FoleyZ06 07-09-2010 6:23am

This is my very first vette...so all new experience for me...

Woke up this morning and walked over to the garage with a cup of coffee looking over two beautiful pieces of machinery, CTS-V and Z06...have to love it!:cheers:

It is good to be 40yr!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 41020)
Pics of wife.....

Just kidding, welcome back to the Vette owners club. Hope you have better luck with this one. :hurray:

FoleyZ06 07-09-2010 6:29am

Suggestions for a few mods...

Ok, so my mind is racing, I know Jeff (Greenman) will will have further discussions over a cold brew, but I am thinking of a few of the basics...

Need some suggestions...

Window Tint (no really a mod excepts looks better)...any suggestions on where to install in the Newport News/Hampton area?

1. Cold Air Intake?

2. CATBACK system...I need the rumble like I my Charger...I was thinking the Zoomers, any other suggestions?

3. Handheld tuner, good, bad or ugly?

All for now, may the fun begin....

Peter Pan 07-09-2010 12:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoleyCTS-V (Post 41055)
Ok, so my mind is racing, I know Jeff (Greenman) will will have further discussions over a cold brew, but I am thinking of a few of the basics...

Need some suggestions...

Window Tint (no really a mod excepts looks better)...any suggestions on where to install in the Newport News/Hampton area?

1. Cold Air Intake?

2. CATBACK system...I need the rumble like I my Charger...I was thinking the Zoomers, any other suggestions?

Congrats on getting into a great looking Z and get the B&B Fusion, Airaid CAI and a tune not the hand held onehttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ions/eagle.gif

thegreenman 07-09-2010 1:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoleyCTS-V (Post 41055)

Need some suggestions...

1. Cold Air Intake?

1. I went with Callaway CAI, only option I had for the SC install.

2. Header upgrade is good for easy power and sound upgrade, I went with Kooks headers and the exhaust is B&B Fusions. They do drone but I can turn it off with the remote control (M2W).

3. I think the handheld tuners are limited. I have both EFILive and HP Tuners but do not know enough about tuning to decide which one is better. We have a really good tuner in the area, consider Ed @ VA Speed in Virginia Beach, he is going to tune mine again as soon as I get done with some more upgrades.

thegreenman 07-09-2010 1:17pm

I forgot the tinting, I had Bay Custom Tinting do mine, the are on Denbigh in Newport News.

Garb55 07-09-2010 6:10pm

Sweet Ride, Congrats!:cheers:

FoleyZ06 07-09-2010 8:32pm

Thanks for the suggestions on the mods...need to hold off until my August allowance (:confused5:)

My wife was fantastic with my 40th, so I need to ease into the mods, the one other present was a 500 cigar humidor table that is going in my "man cave"...:o_o:

Tint is definitely first...but will likely follow with the exhaust and then intake...

It sucks I will miss the mod party tomorrow...but will likely have some parts/pieces to install at the next one...

Alright, have a great night...

thegreenman 07-09-2010 9:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoleyCTS-V (Post 41119)
My wife was fantastic with my 40th, so I need to ease into the mods, the one other present was a 500 cigar humidor table that is going in my "man cave"...:o_o:

I have to say, your wife sounds like a keeper. :cheers:

FoleyZ06 07-09-2010 10:55pm

Absolutely brother...absolutely...

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 41126)
I have to say, your wife sounds like a keeper. :cheers:

zz4vetteguy 07-14-2010 7:03pm

Vote for Ed....he is one of the best LS tuners around...you may hear other names thrown out, but a majority of them will say Ed.

Don't listen to Jeff about racing....lawn maintenance maybe. :D:leaving:

thegreenman 07-14-2010 9:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 41504)
Don't listen to Jeff about racing....lawn maintenance maybe. :D:leaving:

One little spin out and I never hear the end of it. I have told you guys over and over, the grass was way to tall on the infield corner. :D