The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I quit! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120065)

Datawiz 08-19-2019 12:54pm

I quit!

After all the personal sacrifice I've given (14 hours xmas day, 12 hours new years day, not a single day off in 6 months, number one biller in the world, blah blah blah), I'm still just a number to those clowns. I was going to give them the courtesy of 2 weeks notice if they wanted it, but after an astonishing 1.1% raise disclosed just today?!?! Fuck 'em. I'm done today!

I'm taking the next 3 weeks off (labor day week is National Championships in Lincoln, NE).

New company role is epic, and with all additional compensation included, it's about a 51% raise in my first 12 months compared to my old job, with an unlimited upside. :yesnod:

DAB 08-19-2019 1:09pm

take this job and shove it, I ain't working here no more.... :hurray:

snide 08-19-2019 1:09pm

F'ckin' quitter. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, congrats, and best wishes in the new role! :thumbs::thumbs:

:datawiz:

MrPeabody 08-19-2019 1:10pm

Best of luck to you. Go where the money is. As my Industrial Management professor said, loyalty and a buck will get you a cup of coffee.:yesnod:

Okay, so it was a quarter back then.:leaving:

Mike Mercury 08-19-2019 1:12pm

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c1/a8...52cd3569c2.gif

https://www.the1thing.com/wp-content...0930152826.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e0/8d...43ea4d3460.gif

DAB 08-19-2019 1:17pm

meetings or work, the pay is the same. will there be donuts or cookies?

Stangkiller 08-19-2019 1:17pm

Congrats Craig you’ll have to let me know where you landed. I quit my job I was telling you about as well....back into the IT business.

Datawiz 08-19-2019 1:55pm

They are in such panic mode now. LOL :rofl: Already trying to make a counter offer. My manager did ask me to not burn bridges, so I gave them a courtesy 2 weeks, but they have already taken me off of the project I was assigned to start today. If I'm "on the bench" for 2 weeks, and they want to pay me, fine, but I'm basically not going to have to work for the next 2 weeks.

Company has "bands" concept, and now they are trying to get me a band promotion so they have more salary cap (I feel like a professional athlete. LOL). I told them, "as I indicated, I don't think the company structure can handle a 51% raise", but have at it.

At the end of the day, no matter how much they pay me, I'm still just a pawn. New gig gives me much more control over my life. :yesnod:

dvarapala 08-19-2019 2:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1681248)
They are in such panic mode now. LOL :rofl: Already trying to make a counter offer.

Never accept the counter. :nono:

If you do, they will immediately begin searching for your replacement, and once they find him they will cut you loose because you are "disloyal."

:yesnod:

Rob 08-19-2019 2:40pm

Good luck in the next phase of your career.

I have opportunities always knocking with higher salary, but it is hard to compete when I get to go to bed in my own bed every night and spend time with my kids. I guess as they get older that will possibly change; but for now, I will ride this horse as far as it will take me

Datawiz 08-19-2019 2:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1681256)

If you do, they will immediately begin searching for your replacement, and once they find him they will cut you loose because you are "disloyal."

NEVER EVER was this in my plan. Even my boss indicated that you never accept a counter offer, not that I didn't already know this. The money, and control that I have over my future, is so much brighter with the new gig.

Big companies like that should truly learn how to pay the rockstars. Instead, I'm just cattle in a trough. Their loss. It was a good run, but not a perfect fit for someone like me.

Mike Mercury 08-19-2019 2:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1681256)

sad, but very true. Them talking you into staying is for their short-term advantage; to get them out of a bind.

GRN ENVY 08-19-2019 2:54pm

You damn millenials don't know how to keep a job for more than a year, always demanding more and having no loyalty.

:rofl::lol:

Congrats on the new gig Craig. Sounds like we need to go get a celebratory beer. Well, I'll have a beer, you can have a 12 pack :D

DAB 08-19-2019 3:00pm

eh, it gives them 2 weeks to organize your 'going away' party. should be a good time. punch, pretzels, nuts, hats, little horns....oh, can we come?! :rofl:

Datawiz 08-19-2019 3:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRN ENVY (Post 1681263)
You damn millenials don't know how to keep a job for more than a year, always demanding more and having no loyalty.

:rofl::lol:

Congrats on the new gig Craig. Sounds like we need to go get a celebratory beer. Well, I'll have a beer, you can have a 12 pack :D

We're overdue for sure. Maybe when I get the mid-engine, you'll actually come visit. :lol:

GRN ENVY 08-19-2019 3:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1681268)
We're overdue for sure. Maybe when I get the mid-engine, you'll actually come visit. :lol:

That won't be good for my wallet. Lol. I'm really wanting to put an order in. But I also have a long list of stuff I want todo to my house. I need one of those 51% raises. Excuse me while I go pester my VP.

Loco Vette 08-19-2019 3:36pm

Good on you!

09CTSV 08-19-2019 6:22pm

Totally understand the Band Crap. We went to it a few years back. What a joke it is.
Congrats on the new Gig.

Datawiz 08-19-2019 6:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09CTSV (Post 1681278)
Totally understand the Band Crap. We went to it a few years back. What a joke it is.
Congrats on the new Gig.

These big companies just can't handle exceptional talent. In their eyes, everyone is mediocre. No worries, I'm thrilled with what comes next. :yesnod:

04 commemorative 08-19-2019 6:30pm

Good for you man ! The best of luck !