The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   *Warning, Graphic* Nerve Gas Attack in Syria kills 1300 (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55880)

StaticCling 08-21-2013 5:17pm

*Warning, Graphic* Nerve Gas Attack in Syria kills 1300

Including women and children. The images in the link are DISTURBING.

Syria: Nerve gas attack near Damascus kills 1,300 including women and children | Mail Online

mrvette 08-21-2013 7:23pm

Sadass had some GASS, and it went over the border in the last Iraq war....he knew damn well it was over.....

the reason he had the gas was to keep IRAN at bay.....GOD I HATE this communist/liberal/one world uber alles .gov we live under....

like I say, I know more than anyone on this forum, and at least I willing to speak the truth over it.....

piss on the .gov listeners......

FU to them.....@@!!!!!!

:issues::issues:

Bill 08-22-2013 8:10am

Sad. Also not our problem. Maybe the Arab League should do something about it. We need to stay ou, because we can't afford it, we have no interest there, and because all those folks pretty much hate the US anyway.

Craig 08-22-2013 11:36am

Now that they crossed the red line...lets see what our "leader" does about it...

...yea, that's what I thought...nothing.

This kind of stuff is happening because our chicken shit nation is no longer respected, or expected to do anything about these kinds of atrocities. It will eventually make it over here...again.

Bill 08-22-2013 11:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 1023668)
Now that they crossed the red line...lets see what our "leader" does about it...

This kind of stuff is happening because our chicken shit nation is no longer respected, or expected to do anything about these kinds of atrocities. It will eventually make it over here...again.

I would have preferred that O not make threats in the first place, but what exactly would you have O do about this?

Doug28450 08-22-2013 12:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 1023668)
Now that they crossed the red line, again...lets see what our "leader" does about it...

fixt

69camfrk 08-22-2013 2:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1023508)
Sad. Also not our problem. Maybe the Arab League should do something about it. We need to stay ou, because we can't afford it, we have no interest there, and because all those folks pretty much hate the US anyway.

I really don't care about any of those mother F'rs. Let 'em hash it out with gas, bullets, mortars, body slams, drowning, or whatever means they have. We don't have a dog in that fight. F 'em. That may sound a little cold, but the way I see it, fewer terrorists to deal with later.

Craig 08-23-2013 6:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1023696)
I would have preferred that O not make threats in the first place, but what exactly would you have O do about this?

Not surrendering and retreating from Iraq and Afghanistan would have been a good start. Not setting the tone at the beginning of his Presidency by an apology tour and stating he’s sorry for America’s role in holding third world thug leadership accountable would have gone a long way in keeping the world’s respect.

I don’t have all the answers; I expect our leadership to. Clearly he doesn’t know what the **** he’s doing.

Cybercowboy 08-23-2013 1:22pm

Meanwhile Obama still is rooting for the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

Bill 08-23-2013 1:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1024538)
Meanwhile Obama still is rooting for the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

How do you figure? He's paying off the Egyptian military, the ones that staged the coup against the democratically elected leader, Morsi. That sounds a lot like when the CIA helped depose the democratically elected leader of Iran in 1953.

Craig 08-23-2013 9:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1024539)
How do you figure? He's paying off the Egyptian military, the ones that staged the coup against the democratically elected leader, Morsi. That sounds a lot like when the CIA helped depose the democratically elected leader of Iran in 1953.

Right, Morsi, the guy we were supporting right up to the point (almost) that he was removed. One of the many examples that this imbecile in the Whitehouse, doesn't know what the **** he's doing. He doesn't even pretend to know any more.

OddBall 08-24-2013 1:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1023508)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1023805)
I really don't care about any of those mother F'rs. Let 'em hash it out with gas, bullets, mortars, body slams, drowning, or whatever means they have. We don't have a dog in that fight. F 'em. That may sound a little cold, but the way I see it, fewer terrorists to deal with later.

:iagree:

Hate to see all those civilians dead, but the whole mid-east from Libya to Pakistan seems determined to keep itself bathed in blood. As far who set of the gas; could be either side. Won't be the first time in history one side committed atrocities on it's own people just to blame the other side.

99 pewtercoupe 08-24-2013 3:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddBall (Post 1025204)
:iagree:

Hate to see all those civilians dead, but the whole mid-east from Libya to Pakistan seems determined to keep itself bathed in blood. As far who set of the gas; could be either side. Won't be the first time in history one side committed atrocities on it's own people just to blame the other side.

After seeing some of the film clips of what the rebels have done, I would not put it past them to gas their own people to draw more world anger at Assad. Neither side in this mess is without guilt:issues:

Craig 08-25-2013 9:10pm

This could have been avoided if they had any fear that there would be any consequences from the civilized world, led by the U.S. But there is no civilized world, led by the U.S.

Thanks Obama (and you Obama supporters).

Bill 08-26-2013 5:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 1025973)
This could have been avoided if they had any fear that there would be any consequences from the civilized world, led by the U.S. But there is no civilized world, led by the U.S.

Thanks Obama (and you Obama supporters).

Why doesn't China step in? After all, that's who we would have to borrow the money from to wage this new war from. We can't afford to intervene. Do you want to saddle your grandkids with more debt because people in Syria have a disagreement?

If we started asking, "can we afford to do this thing" before actually doing it, we would probably not be $ 17+T in debt today. And yes, that includes our burgeoning welfare/nanny state. China is happy to loan us the money to strangle ourselves with.

mrvette 08-26-2013 7:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1026050)
Why doesn't China step in? After all, that's who we would have to borrow the money from to wage this new war from. We can't afford to intervene. Do you want to saddle your grandkids with more debt because people in Syria have a disagreement?

If we started asking, "can we afford to do this thing" before actually doing it, we would probably not be $ 17+T in debt today. And yes, that includes our burgeoning welfare/nanny state. China is happy to loan us the money to strangle ourselves with.

Because they could care less, really, that and they don't have a nuclear navy....no carriers, not enough subs, and WTF would they invade WITH?? enough troop transports to do what???:dance:

Bill 08-26-2013 7:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilligan (Post 1026081)
Because they could care less, really, that and they don't have a nuclear navy....no carriers, not enough subs, and WTF would they invade WITH?? enough troop transports to do what???:dance:

So, pretty much the way the US should feel. Sucks to be Syria, but they are there, and we are here.

Cybercowboy 08-26-2013 8:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1024539)

Oh, I don't know, I've just listened to what he's said since the whole thing happened. He's cancelled our biannual joint exercises with their military. He's demanded that they "reinstate the duly elected government." He hasn't said jack about the Coptic Christians getting slaughtered there. He has MB-affiliated people working right in the White House.

He's pro-MB, period. End of story. Always has been. Same with Hillary. Her personal assistant (Anthony Weiner's wife) has all sorts of MB connections, mainly through her mother.

Bill 08-26-2013 5:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1026111)
Oh, I don't know, I've just listened to what he's said since the whole thing happened. He's cancelled our biannual joint exercises with their military. He's demanded that they "reinstate the duly elected government." He hasn't said jack about the Coptic Christians getting slaughtered there. He has MB-affiliated people working right in the White House.

He's pro-MB, period. End of story. Always has been. Same with Hillary. Her personal assistant (Anthony Weiner's wife) has all sorts of MB connections, mainly through her mother.

So Weiner's wife is a self loathing Jew? Did not know that. And as to what O says? Forget about that. Follow the money. The money is still flowing, and it's flowing to the Army, who, at the moment, seems to be killing supporters of the democratically elected leader of Egypt, Morsi.

Obama Cancels US-Egypt Military Exercises but Not Foreign Aid

Aug. 15, 2013

By MARY BRUCE

In a widely expected move, President Obama today canceled next month's joint U.S.-Egyptian military exercises, saying "our traditional cooperation cannot continue as usual when civilians are being killed in the streets and rights are being rolled back."

More significant, however, is what the president is not doing, despite the interim government's crackdown on Egyptian protesters that has left hundreds dead and thousands injured.

The Obama administration is not pulling the $1.3 billion in annual foreign aid the U.S. provides to Egypt and the military-backed interim government responsible for the violence, which the president described as "deplorable."
"This morning, we notified the Egyptian government that we are canceling our bi-annual joint military exercise which was scheduled for next month," Obama said in his first public comments on the escalating crisis in Egypt.

"Going forward, I've asked my national security team to assess the implications of the actions taken by the interim government and further steps that we make take as necessary with respect to the U.S., Egyptian relationship."

Canceling the Bright Star joint military exercises, a longstanding sign of the cooperation between the United State and Egypt, is a public attempt by the Obama administration to voice its displeasure with the interim government in Egypt for its crackdown against supporters of ousted President Mohammed Morsi.

"The United States strongly condemns the steps that have been taken by Egypt's interim government and security forces," Obama said in brief remarks in Martha's Vineyard, where he is vacationing with his family in Massachusetts.

"We support universal rights essential to human dignity, including the right to peaceful protest. We oppose the pursuit of martial law, which denies those rights to citizens under the principle that security trumps individual freedom or that might makes right," Obama added.

"And today the United States extends its condolences to the families or those who were killed and those who were wounded."

At least 700 people have died and more than 3,000 injured during the violent clashes that swept throughout Egypt Wednesday, according to the health ministry.

The Obama administration fears that cutting off financial and military aid to Egypt, the United States' closest ally in the Arab World, could destabilize the region and jeopardize Israel's security.

"America cannot determine the future of Egypt. That's a task for the Egyptian people," Obama said. "We don't take sides with any particular party or political figure. I know it's tempting inside of Egypt to blame the United States or the West or some other outside actor for what's gone wrong.

"That kind of approach will do nothing to help Egyptians achieve the future that they deserve. We want Egypt to succeed. We want a peaceful, democratic, prosperous Egypt. That's our interest. But to achieve that, the Egyptians are going to have to do the work," he said.

This is about like me saying to you, "you know, Cyber, I don't agree with what you are doing, you suck, and I'm not going to play golf with you. Now, here's your check." What part of that did you care about? The lip service, or the big assed check you got?

Craig 08-26-2013 7:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1026050)
Why doesn't China step in?

No one that makes a difference cares what China thinks or says. They're still a third world arm pit for the most part. Certainly they've no grounds to take a moral high road.

The U.S has lost its influence, because Obama and his idiot cronies have thrown it away. He had no idea what he was doing when elected, and now he doesn't have the character to admit failure and change his approach. He's a loser