The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   AAA - Anyone have it? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47262)

ConstantChange 02-10-2013 1:02am

AAA - Anyone have it?

Every few months I get stuff from AAA wanting me to signup for their service. I got one this week and it cost around $15. That seems like a pretty good deal.

Does anyone have AAA here? If so, you like it?

MEANZ06 02-10-2013 1:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConstantChange (Post 881645)
Every few months I get stuff from AAA wanting me to signup for their service. I got one this week and it cost around $15. That seems like a pretty good deal.

Does anyone have AAA here? If so, you like it?

We had AAA car insurance for years but it proved to be to expensive compared to others, especially when you dont use it.

We do still have the AAA towing service. Saved me and a few buddy's a couple of times over the years... :seasix:

Montehall 02-10-2013 1:10am

We have AAA premium. Gives us trailer coverage, don't leave home without it.it.

FasterTraffic 02-10-2013 1:12am

The towing coverage is cheap insurance against being stranded somewhere. I make use of it occasionally and, every time, I'm glad I have it.

Midnight85 02-10-2013 1:55am

I've had to use it 3 times since we got it, all on different cars. I will continue to have it.

beadist 02-10-2013 2:03am

I've had it since @ 1976. Saved my butt many times. I have the PLUS service and have been towed out of Overtown in Miami, the Sierras, and New Orleans along with other fun places....

I was with a friend when a tire blew out on her Explorer at midnight on I-10 in what seemed the middle of nowhere. They arrived in 30 minutes.

I'll never cancel it.

Wathen1955 02-10-2013 2:09am

I have it also, and now I have coverage up to 100 miles for towing. I also have them for auto insurance. Yeah they cost a bit more, but I like their service since I had 2 teenagers with it who got into accidents, and now my last teenager before she goes to college. As long as I"m working and my wife is working, I don't plan to change.

...Whitepower... 02-10-2013 3:07am

Have it, use it, love it..

The hotel discounts alone pay for the annual dues.

Olustee bus 02-10-2013 4:47am

I have had it for years and probably used it one time. I wouldn't do without it.

mrvette 02-10-2013 7:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 881704)
I have had it for years and probably used it one time. I wouldn't do without it.

Yup, same story, wife has it,

Stangkiller 02-10-2013 8:24am

I've got it, the towing alone is worth it, plus the discounts on hotels is actually pretty solid too.

VatorMan 02-10-2013 8:29am

We have the premium coverage and still cover our kids. It's cheap insurance against breakdowns. Plus as said before, the hotel discounts come in handy every once in a while

DukeAllen 02-10-2013 9:12am

Wife has it on her car, we've used it a few times for towing and dead batteries.

CBonsall 02-10-2013 9:17am

both the wife and i have it, use just for the towing part. the service gets used at least once a year. not by me but for my buddies and co-workers , when i worked. :sadangel: as long as i was there and showed the tow truck my card all is good.

Montehall 02-10-2013 10:35am

I get four free tows a year, and I use every one :D

Oh-yaa 02-10-2013 10:46am

We have it here too. A bit of comfort knowing the girls have a way to get help if I'm not available. Used the tow to get the Mustang home once. They deposited it right into the garage for me. Great thing to have IMO:yesnod:.

Admiral Blue 02-10-2013 10:52am

I have had it for at least 10 years. They get the job done, but generally speaking the customer service is terrible here in the Chicago area. Nonetheless, I will probably never cancel--I have the extended towing as well.

The tow companies they contract with are paid a minimal amount--I hear this from everyone. Often times, that does not result in you being a priority. You can use it with any car that you are WITH, it does not have to be your car. This has helped friends and family many times.

Jeff

Grey Ghost 02-10-2013 11:17am

Never had it...how much a year ?

LilRedCorvette 02-10-2013 11:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montehall (Post 881777)
I get four free tows a year, and I use every one :D

:iagree: So do I.

Signed, Fellow C4 Owner

6spdC6 02-10-2013 11:44am

Many years back I got it for my wife as she traveld about 20 miles each way.(this was in pre cell era)

She had a couple flat tires changed and we once had a dead battery while traveling. Since then I now also have it. Getting too old to want to change out a flat tire in the rain or super cold weather or other possible problem on the side of the road.

Working around cars most of my life. I have done plenty of car work including working in a buddies garage, but now its time to let others do it if possible.

Heck I now do not even do my own oil changes I let my dealer do all that.:D