The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   California's Kamala Harris first Indian-American Senator (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123844)

MadInNc 10-14-2020 7:51pm

California's Kamala Harris first Indian-American Senator

A person asked how many years has this Senator Harris been black? And give citation please.

So one person replied "She has been black for 2+ years now!" She ran as Indian American for the Senator's position in 2016.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cali...enator-2016-11

😂😉 Just get elected! Saying or doing anything is OK for the Dems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

California's Kamala Harris becomes first Indian-American US senator
Associated Press
Nov 9, 2016, 12:20 AMAttorney General Kamala Harris wins the open Senate seat to replace retiring Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer in race that featured two Democrats in California.Thanks to California's unusual primary system, in which the two top finishers from the June primary advance to the general election, voters were deciding between Harris and Democratic Rep. Loretta Sanchez.

The victory for 51-year-old Harris makes her the first Indian-American senator. Harris was backed by President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and other top Democrats.

Sanchez, a 10-term congresswoman, tried to consolidate support from Republicans and Latinos, but with little success.
Read the original article on Associated Press. Copyright 2016. Follow Associated Press on Twitter.

Anjdog2003 10-14-2020 8:00pm

meh

Rikki Z-06 10-14-2020 8:46pm

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 48118

Nox 10-14-2020 8:52pm

Her mother was from India and her father is Black from Jamaica. That makes her less white than Obama was, and most people consider Obama to be Black. :leaving:

ratflinger 10-14-2020 8:59pm

:nutkick:

6spdC6 10-15-2020 7:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1813590)
Her mother was from India and her father is Black from Jamaica. That makes her less white than Obama was, and most people consider Obama to be Black. :leaving:

NO he just acted that way!

04 commemorative 10-15-2020 8:11am

Her mother was from India and her father is Black from Jamaica. That makes her less white than Obama was, Obama plays the "black card" ...wonder how his white mother would feel about being discarded like that.

Little Red L98. 10-15-2020 8:12am

wgaf

Mike Mercury 10-15-2020 8:20am

https://i.imgflip.com/4b6lpv.jpg

https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2020/...riel-Posts.png

MadInNc 10-15-2020 8:41am

1 Attachment(s)
Make sense

Dan Dlabay 10-15-2020 9:16am

Regardless whether she is black or Indian she is a loser who sucks at her job.:cert:

snide 10-15-2020 9:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1813668)
Regardless whether she is black or Indian she is a loser who sucks at her job.:cert:

I've read that somewhere...

Anjdog2003 10-15-2020 11:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1813668)

*Loooooser

Mick 10-15-2020 6:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1813590)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1813648)
Her mother was from India and her father is Black from Jamaica. That makes her less white than Obama was, Obama plays the "black card" ...wonder how his white mother would feel about being discarded like that.

You guys might want to check into this a little more. Her Mother is/was 100% Indian, of that there is no doubt. Her Father was from Jamaica, but he is (at best) far from 100% black. His family was part of a larger group that emigrated from India to Jamaica a few generations before Kamala was born. Her Father definitely has a majority of Indian blood in him (Indian like from India, not indigenous Americans), but likely has some other genetic influences, including Irish and African. Not surprisingly, the Harris family is being quite cagey on the specifics of her Father's non-Indian heritage, to the point where it is reasonable to question whether Kamala has ANY actual African DNA in her blood.

Wathen1955 10-15-2020 7:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1813659)
Make sense

:rofl:

Nox 10-15-2020 8:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1813791)
You guys might want to check into this a little more. Her Mother is/was 100% Indian, of that there is no doubt. Her Father was from Jamaica, but he is (at best) far from 100% black. His family was part of a larger group that emigrated from India to Jamaica a few generations before Kamala was born. Her Father definitely has a majority of Indian blood in him (Indian like from India, not indigenous Americans), but likely has some other genetic influences, including Irish and African. Not surprisingly, the Harris family is being quite cagey on the specifics of her Father's non-Indian heritage, to the point where it is reasonable to question whether Kamala has ANY actual African DNA in her blood.

I never said her father was 100% Black. I doubt there’s very many “Black” people outside of the African Continent that are. Nonetheless, any way you look at it, she’s still “less white” than Obama.

Anjdog2003 10-15-2020 9:01pm

Why does it really matter, we're all mutts mixed with different Ethnic backgrounds. I can't stand when people say i'am proud to be white, black, asian, or hispanic, or any other race. Why are you proud? You didn't do anything to accomplish that. Why not be proud that you were a good husband or wife. or a good father or mother. or a good employer or employee. Or a good Fk'in neighbor.
Both my DIL are Asian, and i don't gaf if they're Asian, black, Hispanic or any other race. I'am proud they they're my DIL because they're good to my son's and they love me. My sons are Hispanic, French and German. So the grandkids are a United Nation. It's the Fk'ing Media trying to divide the country. :yesnod:

higgyburners 10-15-2020 9:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1813835)
Why does it really matter, we're all mutts mixed with different Ethnic backgrounds. I can't stand when people say i'am proud to be white, black, asian, or hispanic, or any other race. Why are you proud? You didn't do anything to accomplish that. Why not be proud that you were a good husband or wife. or a good father or mother. or a good employer or employee. Or a good Fk'in neighbor.
Both my DIL are Asian, and i don't gaf if they're Asian, black, Hispanic or any other race. I'am proud they they're my DIL because they're good to my son's and they love me. My sons are Hispanic, French and German. So the grandkids are a United Nation. It's the Fk'ing Media trying to divide the country. :yesnod:

Hispanics and Germans are good people :D

Nox 10-15-2020 9:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1813835)

Speak for yourself.. I’m not a mutt. I actually did a DNA test and the results came back that I had no mixed ethnicity at all.

Anjdog2003 10-15-2020 9:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1813838)
Speak for yourself.. I’m not a mutt. I actually did a DNA test and the results came back that I had no mixed ethnicity at all.

tahnks