The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Best Speaker at the RNC Convention Tonight (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123466)

bill_daniels 08-24-2020 10:54pm

Best Speaker at the RNC Convention Tonight

....and he's not really a good speaker, but his message is important.

RonC5 08-25-2020 5:55am

I don't get involved in the political arena publicly, but listening to this man brings a clear view of the path this country could face. Although I am not of Cuban descent, I grew up in Miami in the late 50's, 60's and early 70's. I had a front row seat to the struggle of the Cuban immigrants. It is a horrific thing to have gone through. We have always had our freedom, and not everyone understands what that means. I have seen it first hand.

Giraffe (He/Him) 08-25-2020 6:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonC5 (Post 1799510)
I don't get involved in the political arena publicly, but listening to this man brings a clear view of the path this country could face. Although I am not of Cuban descent, I grew up in Miami in the late 50's, 60's and early 70's. I had a front row seat to the struggle of the Cuban immigrants. It is a horrific thing to have gone through. We have always had our freedom, and not everyone understands what that means. I have seen it first hand.

"The Cuba Libre Story" on Netflix is interesting and informative. Highly recommended.

Dan Dlabay 08-25-2020 9:49am

A great message. My wife spent 14 years as a second class citizen in Vietnam. She knows first hand what it is like not to be free. This Nov. both me and my wife will cast our vote fro President Trump.:cert:

TRUMP 2020

Wathen1955 08-25-2020 12:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonC5 (Post 1799510)

This is why when Nancy Pelosi when to Miami Florida, specifically in the Cuban area, she was booed and told to **** off.

69camfrk 08-25-2020 2:01pm

Americans of Cuban descent definitely get what we are up against. They have heard it all before, and they know what a terrible direction we are heading in.:yesnod:

Iron Chef 08-25-2020 2:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wathen1955 (Post 1799566)
This is why when Nancy Pelosi when to Miami Florida, specifically in the Cuban area, she was booed and told to **** off.

She and Schumer should be told that about a dozen times a day. :yesnod:

None of her usual loudmouth bravado at that little gathering. :rofl:

Little Red L98. 08-25-2020 2:40pm

PSA: Miami is a shithole of epic proportions to be avoided at all costs.

YW

mrvette 08-25-2020 3:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1799616)
PSA: Miami is a shithole of epic proportions to be avoided at all costs.

YW

Must BEE, as in all them NY Yankees dragging down their venom with them.....

:dance::seasix:

Little Red L98. 08-25-2020 3:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1799638)
Must BEE, as in all them NY Yankees dragging down their venom with them.....

:dance::seasix:

Actually it’s the Cubans. One of the worst cities for violent crime in the US.

ICNLT

Shrike6 08-25-2020 4:09pm

Not only the Cuban exiles can tell you what its like. All the immigrants from Eastern Europe who lived under the Communist bloc there. They KNOW what an abject failure communism is first hand. Melania can speak to that fluently, in 5 languages.