The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Honest Question for VB Members: (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94783)

MrPeabody 02-23-2016 9:50pm

Honest Question for VB Members:

Would you really like to see this place busier and with lots more members?

I actually like it how it is. Sure, there's people who have left here that I miss, but a smaller group is better than a huge one. I feel like I know all of you much better than I ever knew anyone at CF. Feels more like a family here now.

What does everybody else think?:waiting:

Thunder22 02-23-2016 9:51pm

**** you.... oops, I mean yeah, what he said!

:D

MrPeabody 02-23-2016 9:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1454807)
**** you.... oops, I mean yeah, what he said!

:D

STFU, n00b.:lol:

Blademaker 02-23-2016 9:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1454806)
Would you really like to see this place busier and with lots more members?

I actually like it how it is. Sure, there's people who have left here that I miss, but a smaller group is better than a huge one. I feel like I know all of you much better than I ever knew anyone at CF. Feels more like a family here now.

What does everybody else think?:waiting:

We put the FUN in Dysfunctional......

Giraffe (He/Him) 02-23-2016 10:00pm

I think everyone here has a pretty good sense of who's who and where they're coming from on most issues, that's one of the benefits to being a smaller forum. Along with that, some of the vitriol had died down with the exit of some of the more agressive members which is also good at least in theory.

But because we are small there's really not too many challenges or different opinions put forth because 90% of the membership is like minded.

None of this answers your question however. Would *I* like to see some more members? Sure. At least one Libfuktard like myself would be kinda nice. :D

MrPeabody 02-23-2016 10:00pm

I participate on forums with over 100K members. That serves a purpose, you get lots of responses and opinions, but who can keep all those usernames sorted out in their head? I can't remember who is who, outside of a handful I may have traded PMs with or met in person.

I'll bet I'd have a hard time remembering a list of ten of them I've had significant conversations with.

Blademaker 02-23-2016 10:03pm

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1f&oe=575AE23B

MrPeabody 02-23-2016 10:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1454813)
I think everyone here has a pretty good sense of who's who and where they're coming from on most issues, that's one of the benefits to being a smaller forum. Along with that, some of the vitriol had died down with the exit of some of the more agressive members which is also good at least in theory.

But because we are small there's really not too many challenges or different opinions put forth because 90% of the membership is like minded.

None of this answers your question however. Would *I* like to see some more members? Sure. At least one Libfuktard like myself would be kinda nice. :D

I would consider myself liberal on some social issues especially. I go on nasty political forums if I want to argue politics these days. Right now over on CFPR&C the Trump and Cruz people are eating each other. It gets really weird during election years there.

Chuck A 02-23-2016 10:11pm

Very true indeed

BADRACR1 02-23-2016 10:23pm

Many of you have been there through some very tough times. A few of you I exchange pm's with often. A couple I call close friends. One I met here is like a brother to me.
A large membership base wouldn't be the same.
I'm good with it.

boracayjohnny 02-23-2016 10:25pm

There's benefits to both. Large forums have more variety and speed where small forums are slow and you can actually "know" the folks. My preference is both. I can have my cake and eat it too, you see.

http://i.imgur.com/BQ25Y8F.jpg

Craig 02-23-2016 10:26pm

I'm here less often because it's less interesting than it used to be. There's a dozen folks here that are tight, and the rest are mostly ignored. The ones that really rubbed the dozen regulars wrong were run off. Hell, most of the mods have abandoned ship.

So I guess no, I liked it better before.

MrPeabody 02-23-2016 10:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 1454823)
I'm here less often because it's less interesting than it used to be. There's a dozen folks here that are tight, and the rest are mostly ignored. The ones that really rubbed the dozen regulars wrong were run off. Hell, most of the mods have abandoned ship.

So I guess no, I liked it better before.

That's a valid point. I think there's somewhat of a unwritten dividing line between people who have met each other in person and those who have not. I met some of the Dallas/FW people a couple years ago, and I feel like I know them a little better when I can put a face to a name. I also think there's a difference when the people interact on other sites like Facebook. I don't do FB, for instance, and I know that probably leaves me out of some conversations.

The interesting thing is it's always been a pleasant experience whenever I have met someone in person after meeting them on the internet. I hope to do more of that in the future.

Steve Austin 02-23-2016 10:46pm

Need more guys posting goofy stuff. I miss Knooger posting "I'd hit it" stuff and WOEII posting threads on "smashin deals" and tractor stashin shed, threads. Barn Babe is not taking up the slack, so yes, need more posters.

DAB 02-23-2016 11:25pm

They tossed me, I won't be going back.

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. -Matthew 10:14

MrPeabody 02-23-2016 11:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1454840)
They tossed me, I won't be going back.

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. -Matthew 10:14

You know, I'm not religious, but that there bible has words of wisdom for any of life's circumstances.:yesnod:

StaticCling 02-23-2016 11:37pm

I love this place. :yesnod:

Best forum I have ever participated in without question.

jda67gta 02-23-2016 11:41pm

Yeah, except for that one guy.

Sorry, all I could think of at the time.

DAB 02-23-2016 11:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jda67gta (Post 1454845)
Yeah, except for that one guy.

Sorry, all I could think of at the time.

:dance::DAB::smash:

island14 02-23-2016 11:44pm

I feel like we have a pretty dang good crew here!.. :seasix:

I also miss the ones that have left.. :yesnod:

I think most of them will be back now and then when they have the time.. real life sometimes gets in the way of our internet fun.

Hope so anyways..

I'm also all up for seeing more guys and gals join in with us here.. and think different views make things more interesting..

The world would be a boring place if everyone all thought alike.

:cert: