The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   3 Musketeers... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125962)

Datawiz 06-06-2021 4:43pm

3 Musketeers...

1 Attachment(s)
GWiz finally got all 3 of her boys to her house in Kissimmee, the entire reason for having a 3 car garage. Happy to have space in my own garage now. Naturally, that goes away when the C8 gets here, but still nice to have some breathing room.

snide 06-06-2021 4:45pm

Next order of business: Teaching @GWiz how to back into the garage. :yesnod:

:cheers:

mrvette 06-06-2021 6:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1886745)

Got some neighbors across the street that they ALL back in, all over the driveway AND the front lawn.....and I have never understood why?? especially into a garage.....backing out is easy, just look one way to clear the field, then the other....for ME, it's look downhill and as I get close, look uphill and around the hedges......SO complicated, but beats running into the tool boxes....etc....

:dance::shots:

snide 06-06-2021 8:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1886776)
Got some neighbors across the street that they ALL back in, all over the driveway AND the front lawn.....and I have never understood why?? especially into a garage.....backing out is easy, just look one way to clear the field, then the other....for ME, it's look downhill and as I get close, look uphill and around the hedges......SO complicated, but beats running into the tool boxes....etc....

I could explain it to you, but then I'd have to explain it to you.

MEANZ06 06-06-2021 9:16pm

Ever since the fire up in the mountains, we park facing out (backed in) :yesnod:
If you gotta go you go :seasix:

Datawiz 06-07-2021 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEANZ06 (Post 1886828)
Ever since the fire up in the mountains, we park facing out (backed in) :yesnod:
If you gotta go you go :seasix:

That's a great idea! Thanks. :cert:

I just recently started backing in my '09 Z into the garage and I can't believe I didn't do that originally. Because I have that MaxJax 2-post lift in the center bay, backing in gives me SO MUCH MORE room when I open my door, and allows the '08 Z to be sideways at the back of the garage.

DJ_Critterus 06-07-2021 12:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1886776)

You are old enough to be fossil fuel. I'm surprised you don't run into people in front of you at a stop light :D

:leaving:

erickpl 06-07-2021 2:23pm

Congrats to GWiz on her home and having her car babies all tucked in under one roof.

I back my Ram into the garage. It puts the driver door right next to the steps going up into the house and allows me to be 'further' in. My driveway forces me to do a hard 90 degree turn into the garage, but backing in is actually easier with the steering wheels in front and the backup camera sighting me in. I can put it less than 1" off the back wall (short garage), so I then have space at the front of the truck to get around it to the other side of the garage where my wife's E300 sits (shorter side of garage due to shelving).

First time I backed it in with my wife and daughter, they thought I'd take off half the house. LOL Backs in perfect every time. Good practice for when backing up our travel trailer too. :)

snide 06-07-2021 7:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1886745)

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1886965)
That's a great idea! Thanks. :cert:

I just recently started backing in my '09 Z into the garage and I can't believe I didn't do that originally. Because I have that MaxJax 2-post lift in the center bay, backing in gives me SO MUCH MORE room when I open my door, and allows the '08 Z to be sideways at the back of the garage.

You're welcome. :D