The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Why would any man meet with a woman alone? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117356)

DAB 09-24-2018 12:52pm

Why would any man meet with a woman alone?
 
given the current social status, why would any sane man meet with a woman who is not his wife? there is nothing to gain, everything to lose.

alone for 5 minutes to discuss the latest project for Skynet? you tell her she's doing great, suggest a few phone calls to make, think the meeting is over.

a few days/weeks/months/years pass, she decides to make your life hell, finds the meeting notes in her calendar, and poof, she has an exact time and place where you were inappropriate with her briefly.

of course, you deny it, but who will believe a guy now? clean out your desk, you are done. maybe you can stay married.

sad.

just when women started to be invited into the "good old boys club", that door is going to shut fast. sorry ladies, not worth the risk.

Sea Six 09-24-2018 01:24pm

I've actually thought about this lately.

Trouble is, anyone can accuse you. Even a man.

MrPeabody 09-24-2018 01:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1644005)
I've actually thought about this lately.

Trouble is, anyone can accuse you. Even a man.

I'm just glad my dogs can't talk.:leaving:

DAB 09-24-2018 01:57pm

a long time ago, i worked with a lady engineer. we went to a few social activities.

would not do that today.

want to talk, let's have lunch in the cafeteria today.

no way i'd be alone with a woman who was not my wife.

even if i did nothing, i'm still out $$$$ defending myself.

MrPeabody 09-24-2018 02:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1644005)
I've actually thought about this lately.

Trouble is, anyone can accuse you. Even a man.

I'm cancelling my lunch with Knooger.:yesnod:

DAB 09-24-2018 02:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1644008)
I'm cancelling my lunch with Knooger.:yesnod:

nah, you'll be fine. just don't drop anything, or go "bahhhh".

04 commemorative 09-24-2018 02:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1644007)
a long time ago, i worked with a lady engineer. we went to a few social activities.

would not do that today.

want to talk, let's have lunch in the cafeteria today.

no way i'd be alone with a woman who was not my wife.

even if i did nothing, i'm still out $$$$ defending myself.

:iagree:
Anyone can accuse anyone of anything.....then your life is ruined and your out a ton of $ and that's all anyone remembers even if cleared.....:willy:

DAB 09-24-2018 02:30pm

i've been to a bar precisely 3 times in my life. little dive in GA, where i played pool a few times. didn't have anything to drink.

but....if i was at a bar, sipping my 7-up, and some lady sat by me and cooed "buy me a drink?" "sorry, not tonight"

what is the upside?

Broken Wind 09-24-2018 02:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1644010)
:iagree:
Anyone can accuse anyone of anything.....then your life is ruined and your out a ton of $ and that's all anyone remembers even if cleared.....:willy:

If that were to occur, I'd go postal on everyone responsible. Blood would flow.

MrPeabody 09-24-2018 03:25pm

Seriously, most of my working life, I've worked for small family owned businesses with less than a dozen employees. Mostly men, and usually a few women in the office and sometimes in the shop. I used to tell them the day I was hired I would never agree to be alone in the building with a woman. They would ask "Have you had a problem before?" and I would say no, because that's always been my policy. They knew what I meant and never argued my point. This is nothing new, I've been working under those rules since the 70s.:yesnod:

Mike Mercury 09-24-2018 04:48pm

if Snide were female:














https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b9/5a...6540b3f480.jpg

04 commemorative 09-24-2018 04:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1644013)
If that were to occur, I'd go postal on everyone responsible. Blood would flow.

Happens everyday.....and then you would be in jail.....lose lose

Broken Wind 09-24-2018 09:18pm

Some things are worth going to jail over.

04 commemorative 09-24-2018 09:37pm

If someone hurt my kids or wife yes

chinaski 09-24-2018 10:12pm

The problem with all of this is the fact that there is no due process.

It's not even guilty until proven innocent. A man is accused and he is automatically destroyed personally and professionally. Even if they are proven to be innocent, 'oh well'. It's scary.

I have dated women in the past that I know would have no problem destroying me if they got a wild hair up their ass to do so, and I didn't wrong them in any way...they just turned out to be certifiably nuts. :island14:

dwjz06 09-25-2018 07:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1644050)
Some things are worth going to jail over.

No way. The ****ing you get is not worth the ****ing you are going to get.

Mike Mercury 09-25-2018 08:10am

http://rollinghillsdrivingrange.com/...537a7d7a37.jpg


https://sayingimages.com/wp-content/...ating-meme.jpg


https://sayingimages.com/wp-content/...ating-meme.jpg

Dixievet 09-25-2018 08:58am

And during the last elections all of the Democrats made fun of Pence for stating this exact same fact.

:yesnod:

Sea Six 09-25-2018 09:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1644052)
The problem with all of this is the fact that there is no due process.

It's not even guilty until proven innocent. A man is accused and he is automatically destroyed personally and professionally. Even if they are proven to be innocent, 'oh well'. It's scary.

I have dated women in the past that I know would have no problem destroying me if they got a wild hair up their ass to do so, and I didn't wrong them in any way...they just turned out to be certifiably nuts. :island14:

https://i.imgur.com/kFiQd6Q.jpg

Sea Six 09-25-2018 09:20am

https://i.imgur.com/xf2xbaY.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58am.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn