The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   First time in Austin for a couple days - Suggestions? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129717)

BayouCountry 09-25-2022 10:05am

First time in Austin for a couple days - Suggestions?

Maybe the snake or others can give me some suggestions for my stay in Austin on the 4th and 5th. Snik probably not doing a show during the week so any other suggestions?

I enjoy local bands, country or classic rock.

I prefer sitting at the bar at restaurants. Just me.

Ending a long road trip in Austin after giving my last daughter away in Santa Barbara. Anyone have a dollar they can loan me?
Thanks

Learpilot 09-25-2022 10:08am

Get out of that liberal cuck city

04 commemorative 09-25-2022 10:38am

Visit Titos

Egnalf 09-25-2022 1:20pm

abel on the lake or rules and regs, depending on where you are staying

Egnalf 09-25-2022 1:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Learpilot (Post 1993070)
Get out of that liberal cuck city

excellent suggestion. would read again. :cert::cert:

Mike Mercury 09-25-2022 2:09pm

https://ahseeit.com/united-states/ki...5864820044.jpg

Learpilot 09-25-2022 2:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1993138)

:rofl:

gs568 09-25-2022 3:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayouCountry (Post 1993068)
Maybe the snake or others can give me some suggestions for my stay in Austin on the 4th and 5th. Snik probably not doing a show during the week so any other suggestions?

I enjoy local bands, country or classic rock.

I prefer sitting at the bar at restaurants. Just me.

Ending a long road trip in Austin after giving my last daughter away in Santa Barbara. Anyone have a dollar they can loan me?
Thanks

Torchy’s Tacos. Franklin Barbecue if you have time to wait. 6th Street is when the homeless and music venues are.

Bill 09-25-2022 4:19pm

Take a ride out to the Salt Lick Barbecue in Driftwood, a little outside Austin, but worth it. Sunset dinner and drinks, or just drinks, at the Oasis on Lake Travis. If you want to stay in town, try County Line Barbecue on FM2222. You can sit outside and enjoy the riverfront view. Obviously 6th Street for live music/entertainment.

BayouCountry 09-25-2022 8:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1993176)
Take a ride out to the Salt Lick Barbecue in Driftwood, a little outside Austin, but worth it. Sunset dinner and drinks, or just drinks, at the Oasis on Lake Travis. If you want to stay in town, try County Line Barbecue on FM2222. You can sit outside and enjoy the riverfront view. Obviously 6th Street for live music/entertainment.

Thanks. I’m staying at Lake Travis

SnikPlosskin 09-26-2022 8:09am

If you want to get an authentic music experience hit The Saxon Pub any night of the week. They don’t book bands off the street (you need to be pretty established to perform there) so what you will see is the best of what Austin has to offer musically. It’s a genuine roadhouse and good people.

Tell them Pete Monfre sent you.

Bill 09-26-2022 8:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1993343)
If you want to get an authentic music experience hit The Saxon Pub any night of the week. They don’t book bands off the street (you need to be pretty established to perform there) so what you will see is the best of what Austin has to offer musically. It’s a genuine roadhouse and good people.

guy from pub: Pete? hey, that fool owes me money!

BayouCountry 09-26-2022 8:48am

Quote:

That’s what I’m looking for. Thanks!

Grey Ghost 09-26-2022 11:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs568 (Post 1993163)
Franklin Barbecue

Have you tried it? That would be a bucket list item for me.

DJ_Critterus 09-26-2022 11:44am

Quote:

What's the name of that fairly popular BBQ joint just outside of Austin in the Round Rock area just off of I-35?

Iron Chef 09-26-2022 12:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 1993474)
Have you tried it? That would be a bucket list item for me.

Bucket list for me too. Although I have to say that Lockhart (they bill themselves as the BBQ Capitol of Texas) has some outstanding places: Kreuz, Blacks, Chisholm Trail and Smitty's. Been to all four and you can't go wrong with any of them.

Onebadcad 09-26-2022 12:01pm

Been there three times in the past three years, ate at three different BBQ joints, sorry no names, all were good.
The downtown area has issues, lots of homeless, be careful down there at night.

There is a huge, malodorous stench, near downtown, gets worse as you get near the ut campus, and is at its worst around memorial stadium, especially on a game day.

mrvette 09-26-2022 12:11pm

I would head WEST outta town to the River Walk of San Antonio.....it's a YEUGGE LOOP in a river, forming a circle around all sorts of interesting/decent places to see, and the ALAMO is withing spitting distance from the loop....

:seasix::seasix:

jw38 09-26-2022 1:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1993501)
I would head WEST outta town to the River Walk of San Antonio.....it's a YEUGGE LOOP in a river, forming a circle around all sorts of interesting/decent places to see, and the ALAMO is withing spitting distance from the loop....

:seasix::seasix:

Well, if you go West, you'll eventually make it to California.

San Antonio is South of Austin, but I agree, it's MUCH nicer than Austin!

theandies 09-26-2022 4:27pm

Don't go to the libtard shithole. Lived and worked there for almost 10 years and we stayed away from the city. We lived in Williamson County just north of Austin.