The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Vettes at the Track (formerly Vettes at Waterside) April 30, 2011 (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7798)

Vet4jdc 02-07-2011 4:15pm

Vettes at the Track (formerly Vettes at Waterside) April 30, 2011

What: Vettes at the Track (formerly Vettes at Waterside)

When: Saturday, April 30, 2011
9:00 am - 3:00 pm

Where: American Indoor Karting
2736 North Mall Drive
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452
www.aikva.com

All proceeds to benefit Relay for Life

Hosted by the Beachcombers Corvette Club, The Vette Barn Forum and American Indoor Karting

Please see the attached Flyer and Pre-registration form. You can also find information and forms at www.beachcomberscorvetteclub.com

Please note that we have changed the location of this event this year in order to allow for more growth. We are also planning a Sunday afternoon cookout at the world famous Vette Barn...hosted by GB Vette himself! Make it an entire weekend in Virginia Beach.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...nnualFlyer.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...gistration.jpg

Munch 02-07-2011 5:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet4jdc (Post 130320)
Please note that we have changed the location of this event this year in order to allow for more growth. We are also planning a Sunday afternoon cookout at the world famous Vette Barn...hosted by GB Vette himself! Make it an entire weekend in Virginia Beach.

Count me in! :hurray: I've never been to AIK, is it as nice of a setting as Waterside was?

Vet4jdc 02-07-2011 5:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 130445)
Count me in! :hurray: I've never been to AIK, is it as nice of a setting as Waterside was?

Well....there is no water and no boats...but other than that...it's exactly the same! :D

Munch 02-07-2011 5:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet4jdc (Post 130460)
Well....there is no water and no boats...but other than that...it's exactly the same! :D

Perfect! :thumbs:

Radioman 02-07-2011 9:43pm

Looking forward to it!!:D

YorkL8apex 02-08-2011 6:23pm

:party::drivingskid:

Should be plenty to do and nice to be somepalce where Vettes are wanted :flag:

FastZR-1 02-08-2011 8:52pm

No Hooters girls.....
You know that's how Waterside first started. The waterside Hooters was one of our stops on the Hooters Tour of 2002. We had a gathering at each Hooters restaurant in Hampton Roads each month before we did it again. Back in '02 there was 5 Hooters and we would draw folks from as far North as Quantico and Fredriksburg and from Blacksburg in western VA. Yea, seems like a long time ago.
I wonder why the Newport News Hooters stop didn't take off like the Waterside and Chesapeake stops? Can't figure that one out... maybe it was the food?

I wonder what ever happened to the Hooters Tour 2002 banner that we all signed. (Breast Wishes!) Anyone know? Maybe Jack-da-Roofer?

Z51 Silver Surfer 02-08-2011 9:13pm

Count me in!!!!!

Vet4jdc 02-08-2011 10:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastZR-1 (Post 132827)
No Hooters girls.....
You know that's how Waterside first started. The waterside Hooters was one of our stops on the Hooters Tour of 2002. We had a gathering at each Hooters restaurant in Hampton Roads each month before we did it again. Back in '02 there was 5 Hooters and we would draw folks from as far North as Quantico and Fredriksburg and from Blacksburg in western VA. Yea, seems like a long time ago.
I wonder why the Newport News Hooters stop didn't take off like the Waterside and Chesapeake stops? Can't figure that one out... maybe it was the food?

I wonder what ever happened to the Hooters Tour 2002 banner that we all signed. (Breast Wishes!) Anyone know? Maybe Jack-da-Roofer?

Actually Ed.....American Indoor Karting has a relationship with Hooters so we are STILL trying to have the "girls" show up and sell some 50/50 raffle tickets. Who can say "no" to one of those girls in the orange shorts? :D

thegreenman 02-08-2011 11:06pm

I am in, hope to see the Hooter gals. Do I hear a need for Hooters Tour 2011?

FastZR-1 02-09-2011 8:16pm

Good deal Jimmy.

zz4vetteguy 02-10-2011 1:40pm

I'll be there

Munch 02-10-2011 6:03pm

Sent my registration in today. :yesnod:

Vet4jdc 02-11-2011 8:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 136921)
Sent my registration in today. :yesnod:

Just FYI...you won't get anything back in the mail this year. Dash Sheets will be picked up at the registration desk on the morning of the show!

See you there Steve!

:cheers:

Rick Williams 02-16-2011 5:14pm

Hooters banner

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastZR-1 (Post 132827)
No Hooters girls.....

Jack was the last one to have the Banner ...that I know of....
I have pictures of it flying at Waterside..If I can remember how to post Pics I will post it, in case someone remembers where it might be..

Stay safe
Rick

Rick Williams 02-16-2011 5:44pm

Picture ofHooters Banner4

1 Attachment(s)
Picture of Gary and Vic with the banner in 2004

I plan to be there been to everyone so far...
But my Vette is now 10 years older ..
Stay safe
Rick

Munch 02-16-2011 7:26pm

Therre's a banner like that at the barn but I don't know if it's the same one. I don't think it says hooters on it.

hamcrab87 02-18-2011 8:19pm

Got the tunes ready .... hot Vettes, good friends, and Hooters girls ... hey, what else do we need???? (Oh yeah ... a mild, sunny day) :hurray:

zz4vetteguy 03-02-2011 1:51pm

Nevermind...if I read it, I would have seen it....LOL

SurfnSun 03-02-2011 10:37pm

Im in, will send my reg next week.