The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I need to share something important (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123382)

Anjdog2003 08-15-2020 3:13pm

I need to share something important

This isn't for sympathy because i don't go that route. It' s for priorities in our lives.

Anjdog2003 08-15-2020 3:25pm

A woman that I'am dating that lives around the corner from me had a tragedy two weeks ago. Her son-in-law left a loaded gun in his room and her grandson was playing with it and shot himself in the head. He was on life support for a week and they pulled the plug Thursday. This is the reason i wasn't posting was the last couple of weeks. i knew the family. I work Hospice and Asst. living and Alzheimer centers. I lost 28 aunts and uncles both parents and my brother my first cousin who i was close to a few month ago. But little children hit home. I'm up every n night with her trying to ease the pain. The daughter is suicidal and his little brother is freaking out.
The things we complain about and worry about and get stressed out about are very little when something happens to you like this. I've had to deal with this for many years counseling families that lost a child. It's something they never get over. usually divorce will happen and the family will become unproductive. Don't let anger with your children carry over. Settle it before you get to bed. Kids can be a pain in the ass, but tell them you love them all the time no matter what their age is. They're still your babies.

Rikki Z-06 08-15-2020 3:27pm

Prayers for all involved. :sadangel:

Steve_R 08-15-2020 3:28pm

Great message.

Be there for the family, they need it.

MadInNc 08-15-2020 3:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1796422)
A woman that I'am dating that lives around the corner from me had a tragedy two weeks ago. Her son-in-law left a loaded gun in his room and her grandson was playing with it and shot himself in the head. He was on life support for a week and they pulled the plug Thursday. This is the reason i wasn't posting was the last couple of weeks. i knew the family. I work Hospice and Asst. living and Alzheimer centers. I lost 28 aunts and uncles both parents and my brother my first cousin who i was close to a few month ago. But little children hit home. I'm up every n night with her trying to ease the pain. The daughter is suicidal and his little brother is freaking out.
The things we complain about and worry about and get stressed out about are very little when something happens to you like this. I've had to deal with this for many years counseling families that lost a child. It's something they never get over. usually divorce will happen and the family will become unproductive. Don't let anger with your children carry over. Settle it before you get to bed. Kids can be a pain in the ass, but tell them you love them all the time no matter what their age is. They're still your babies.

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

Thanks go out to ya and for being there John....

the older I get, the more I love my kids and G-kids 🙏🏻

Little Red L98. 08-15-2020 3:30pm

Quote:

Amen brother dog.

The grief the family must be experiencing is unfathomable. :sadangel: Blessings and condolences to them.

MEANZ06 08-15-2020 3:31pm

:sadangel:

boracayjohnny 08-15-2020 3:35pm

A tough thing to go through. You do much needed work, A-dog.

Rodnok1 08-15-2020 3:36pm

Sorry to hear that man, sympathy for that family as it can't be easy thing to go through at all. :sadangel:

Aerovette 08-15-2020 3:38pm

Better to be there for them than here. :yesnod:

Old Ben 08-15-2020 3:58pm

Prayers and condolences to family and friends. :sadangel:

snide 08-15-2020 4:01pm

LisaJohn 08-15-2020 4:13pm

Prayers sent.:sadangel:

LilRedCorvette 08-15-2020 5:51pm

Quote:

I found out last week that a friend of mine is in hospice care. I am actually trying to coordinate with him now on helping with his dog, food, med appts, etc, as I am unsure about how much familial support he has.

The good news is that our circle of friends is trying hard to help fill in any gaps. :angel:

BOTY 08-15-2020 5:59pm

Be the rock Dog they are gonna' need all the strength and support you can give them. :sadangel:

Norm 08-15-2020 6:14pm

Very tragic to say the least, condolences to all.

I have seen my share of this type of tragedy in my various LE careers, never, ever is this something you forget and can have peace with........ever.

The age of the child?

The son-in-law, any action being taken legally?

Anjdog2003 08-15-2020 7:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1796480)
Very tragic to say the least, condolences to all.

I have seen my share of this type of tragedy in my various LE careers, never, ever is this something you forget and can have peace with........ever.

The age of the child?

The son-in-law, any action being taken legally?

Just turned 11. They may arrest him after the funeral but i doubt it. Right now his little brother doesn't want his dad to go to jail.

Grey Ghost 08-15-2020 7:36pm

Just horrible to even think about

Hardluck 08-15-2020 7:46pm

That is horrible John!:sadangel:
You're a good man being there for her!:yesnod:

NEED-A-VETTE 08-15-2020 9:01pm

Terrible. Sorry to hear this. :sadangel: