The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Its been a while (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119920)

8Up 07-31-2019 2:40pm

Its been a while

Got laid off from Sprint last April, got a temp engineering contracting gig prepping the Mercedes Benz dome in ATL last summer, made bank, tried to be retired and ended up working for a sporting target company. Now I travel some. What y'all been up to?

Datawiz 07-31-2019 2:46pm

Welcome back! Just traveling and working.

MrPeabody 07-31-2019 3:35pm

:kimblair:

Norm 07-31-2019 5:01pm

Good on you. :seasix:

Me? Doing whatever I want when I want. Fine dining, cruising, trips, or just hanging around the house bithin' about the weather....:D

carlton_fritz 07-31-2019 5:27pm

2 Attachment(s)
:shots:

Dan Dlabay 07-31-2019 6:18pm

Retired and loving it. In May took a 7 day Alaskan cruise and a month ago spent 10 days in California for my wife's high school reunion for the school she went to in Vietnam from 1968-1972.:cert:

snide 07-31-2019 7:05pm

Welcome back!

simpleman68 07-31-2019 9:05pm

Good to hear from you man! Hope the new gig is better than the last :cert:

Me, I've just been keeping my head above water with 4 crazy kids running around the house but it's been fun and business has been great.
Scott

Gratuitous post:

mrvette 08-01-2019 2:38am

Not doing much, PAINting my roof white yet again....working on cars....PITA.....

:leaving:

8Up 08-01-2019 3:41pm

Glad to see we haven't all just been sitting around. LOL. I got to go to Switzerland and Croatia for a month between March and April, then went to South Dakota, then Florida. Probably be going to Canada next to work on the military ranges in Ontario, one near Montreal and one near Quebec. Also have a large install in San Antonio in September at one of the school districts. Its pretty interesting stuff. My boss is a retired Army Colonel and is pretty great to work for. Oh yeah, went to the NRA convention in Indy in May (I think it was May). Been home for several weeks now but I think the San Antonio thing will be at least two weeks and probably a return trip after that for probably another week. :seasix:

snide 08-01-2019 4:05pm

Montreal and Quebec are not in Ontario... They're in Quebec.

8Up 08-02-2019 7:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1679652)
Montreal and Quebec are not in Ontario... They're in Quebec.

You are correct, My mistake. I could have really gotten my FF miles built up by trying to fly to Ontario to make it to Quebec City.

snide 08-02-2019 8:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8Up (Post 1679714)
You are correct, My mistake. I could have really gotten my FF miles built up by trying to fly to Ontario to make it to Quebec City.

No worries. :)

A few years ago, I was going to Vancouver, which of course is on the West Coast. Living in NH at the time, I drove to Ottawa to get my son and catch a flight. When I went through the Canadian border, the Customs Officer asked where I was headed. Naturally, I told him Vancouver. He asked me if I was sure, and if I realized how far away it was. :funny: I replied with "yes, which is why I'll be catching a flight from Ottawa". :funnier:

Ottawa is a 2 hour drive from Montreal, which is an hour drive from the border. :funnier: