The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Journalists Hail Castro’s Achievements, ‘George Washington,’ ‘Folk Hero to Most of Us (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103397)

Fasglas 11-27-2016 9:23am

Journalists Hail Castro’s Achievements, ‘George Washington,’ ‘Folk Hero to Most of Us

Castro was no more a "Folk Hero" than these people are journalists...

-------------

Journalists Hail Castro’s Achievements, ‘George Washington,’ ‘Folk Hero to Most of Us’

By Brent Baker | November 26, 2016 | 3:52 AM EST

Journalists Hail Castro?s Achievements, ?George Washington,? ?Folk Hero to Most of Us?

Fidel Castro, who died late Friday night, was a tyrant who oppressed Cubans and brought misery to many for several decades and while much of the breaking news coverage emphasized that reality, journalists on ABC, CNN and MSNBC – matching how too much of the media approached Castro for decades – couldn’t resist crediting him for supposed great advancements in education, literacy and health care.

On MSNBC, Andrea Mitchell insisted in a stock bio that Castro “gave his people better health care and education.” Appearing live by phone, she soon trumpted how Castro “will be revered” for “education and social services and medical care to all of his people.”

Along a similar theme, in an ABC Special Report during Nightline, Jim Avila maintained that “even Castro’s critics praised his advances in health care and in education.”

In a relatively tough report on Castro’s abuses, CNN’s Martin Savidge, in a pre-recorded bio piece, highlighted how “many saw positives, education and health care for all, racial integration.”

A meandering Brian Williams popped up by phone on MSNBC to ruminate and recalled how in his last visit to Cuba, in 2015: “You see the medicine system they are very proud of.”

ABC’s Avila went so far as to tout how Castro “was considered, even to this day, the George Washington of his country among those who remain in Cuba.”

Reminiscing about his high school years, via phone on MSNBC, Chris Matthews asserted that Castro was “a romantic figure when he came into power” and, Matthews wasn’t embarrassed to relay, “we rooted like mad for the guy” who “was almost like a folk hero to most of us.”

Iron Chef 11-27-2016 9:35am

Clearly all these Journalists weren't among the tens of thousands of people celebrating in the streets when it was announced Castro had died. People don't risk their lives trying to escape a country in makeshift rafts because the leader of that country is a "folk hero". :spdchk:

Mike Mercury 11-27-2016 11:08am

Castro; kept a nation at poverty level... in order to protect his position as leader. And most of his people kept drinking the kool-aid.

boracayjohnny 11-27-2016 11:23am

Quote:

Journalists Hail Castro’s Achievements, ‘George Washington,’ ‘Folk Hero to Most of Us
Of course they do and that's why many don't trust, like, and watch them now. The ones that do are low IQ mouth breathers, reject reality, blind, or all previous together.

FasterTraffic 11-27-2016 11:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1519607)
Clearly all these Journalists weren't among the tens of thousands of people celebrating in the streets when it was announced Castro had died. People don't risk their lives trying to escape a country in makeshift rafts because the leader of that country is a "folk hero". :spdchk:

You've got it all wrong, Chef! They were leaving Cuba because they were so eager to spread the word about Castro's greatness. Any risk is worth taking to get the message out regarding Castro's wisdom and benevolence. The crowds celebrating in Miami aren't celebrating the death of Castro but rather all the publicity is will bring to his glorious legacy of caring for the Cuban people.

<puts down leftist media pipe>

VITE1 11-27-2016 11:39am

Yet more evidence the term "Liberal idiot" is redundant.
Also the liberals don;t really understand what's happened to Cuba's HC system.

The Myth of Cuban Health Care | National Review

69camfrk 11-27-2016 11:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1519607)

Chef, you are clearly being a little harsh. Castro had firing squads which were world reknown...oh wait....nevermind....:leaving:

Cybercowboy 11-27-2016 3:01pm

This is the most hilarious and probably true thing I've seen having to do with Castro.

Justin Trudeau is Fidel Castro's child.

bill_daniels 11-27-2016 3:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1519625)
Castro; kept a nation at poverty level... in order to protect his position as leader. And most of his people kept drinking the kool-aid.

He solved the problem of income inequality! Everybody be poor in Cuba! That's a Bernie Sanders wet dream, although, probably not in the new Sanders' beach house, because they don't want to stain the new carpet.

Olustee bus 11-27-2016 3:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1519673)
This is the most hilarious and probably true thing I've seen having to do with Castro.

Beat me to it. Then the Huffington Post begs to differ, if you believe anything that sh*t wrapper prints.

Cuba's Health Care System: a Model for the World | The Huffington Post

mrvette 11-27-2016 3:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1519680)
Beat me to it. Then the Huffington Post begs to differ, if you believe anything that sh*t wrapper prints.

Cuba's Health Care System: a Model for the World | The Huffington Post

The bullshit is way in HELL too deep for me to read more than the first two pairAgraphs.......

:issues:

Olustee bus 11-27-2016 4:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1519684)
The bullshit is way in HELL too deep for me to read more than the first two pairAgraphs.......

:issues:

Hey, I didn't say I understood the damn thing!:dance:

Fasglas 11-27-2016 4:43pm

Quote:

Hmmmm....

Margaret Trudeau, ?flower child? turned prime minister’s mom, ends self-imposed exile from spotlight | National Post

Hmmmm....

Excerpt:

Quote:

She once called Cuban dictator Fidel Castro the “sexiest man I’ve ever met.” She dubbed 24 Sussex the “the crown jewel of the federal penitentiary system.” She proclaimed that she loved marijuana and took to it like “a duck to water.”
Hmmmm....

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com...trip=all&h=488
Margaret Trudeau smiles as Cuban President Fidel Castro holds her youngest son Michel in Havana, Cuba, Jan.26, 1976.

Cybercowboy 11-27-2016 4:56pm

I know, right! :lol:

69camfrk 11-27-2016 5:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fasglas (Post 1519693)
Hmmmm....

Margaret Trudeau, ?flower child? turned prime minister’s mom, ends self-imposed exile from spotlight | National Post

Hmmmm....

Excerpt:

Hmmmm....

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com...trip=all&h=488
Margaret Trudeau smiles as Cuban President Fidel Castro holds her youngest son Michel in Havana, Cuba, Jan.26, 1976.

Great looking Canada Air 707 in the background. Hell, I may have worked on that thing...

John Wiz 11-27-2016 6:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1519674)
He solved the problem of income inequality! Everybody be poor in Cuba! That's a Bernie Sanders wet dream, although, probably not in the new Sanders' beach house, because they don't want to stain the new carpet.

Well that's the fallacy of communism, not everyone is 'equal' (just like in Animal farm, some are more 'equal' than others). All of the 'people' were poor, but those in power (the party/ruling class) took very good care of themselves.

I traveled to Russia in 1978 (I was 16 at the time) and it was really obvious. There were stores that only tourists and party members could go to (that sold everything from jewelry to clothes) that the 'people' were not allowed to shop at. As a matter of fact, Russian currency could not be used in those stores, and for the 'people' anything other than Russian currency was considered as dealing with in the black market and was punished accordingly.

MrPeabody 11-27-2016 6:24pm

Quote:

Wasn't she rumored to be banging one of the Rolling Stones around that time?

bill_daniels 11-27-2016 6:56pm

Cuban Dissidents Cancel Weekly March Following Castro's Death | abc13.com

Funny Obama didn't mention the Ladies in White when he spoke about Fidel and Fidel's legacy. Funnier still is, it took a president-elect to call Castro what he really was.....a brutal dictator, something the "Ladies in White" would agree with.

stingraymyway 11-27-2016 7:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1519740)
Cuban Dissidents Cancel Weekly March Following Castro's Death | abc13.com

Funny Obama didn't mention the Ladies in White when he spoke about Fidel and Fidel's legacy. Funnier still is, it took a president-elect to call Castro what he really was.....a brutal dictator, something the "Ladies in White" would agree with.

Obama is kissing the ass of an enemy that is now dead. How's that for being spineless?