The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   So if I wind up with the new headers (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2784)

zz4vetteguy 05-02-2010 11:53pm

So if I wind up with the new headers

We should have a tech day. I am sure there are several do-it-yourself people out there that are looking at getting headers and it would be a good experience for them to see what to and what not to do to install them.

tomurphjr 05-03-2010 7:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 34672)
We should have a tech day. I am sure there are several do-it-yourself people out there that are looking at getting headers and it would be a good experience for them to see what to and what not to do to install them.

Joe,

I'd be down for that. When I do mine, it should go much smoother after seeing/doing a set before.

Now, if I can get the CLB installed this week, maybe I can drive mine this coming weekend.

thegreenman 05-03-2010 6:37pm

If you tore your seat changing your MAF and broke your windshield changing your blades, I hate to see what happens when you change your headers. :o_o:

Let us know when and where, I will try to show up, with a camera.

:camera:

YorkL8apex 05-03-2010 7:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 34732)
If you tore your seat changing your MAF and broke your windshield changing your blades, I hate to see what happens when you change your headers. :o_o:

:roll::roll::roll:

4DH8R 05-03-2010 8:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 34672)

I'm in, my LG LT's are sitting in the shed.:dance:

Cobra4B 05-03-2010 9:27pm

I've done a few sets of headers... I'm game for helping. If they're as accurate a copy of ARH headers as they look in pics then they'll install easily.

tomurphjr 05-04-2010 6:51am

I feel a "mod" party happening soon :dance:

PortDawg 05-04-2010 7:34pm

Sounds like a day at the Barn...

zz4vetteguy 05-04-2010 10:02pm

If we can get a few experienced people to help so I don't destroy the headers, the vert, or kill myself, and a place to do it, maybe someplace with a grill, I will be more then happy to supply food and drinkage to make it a mod party.

Jeff, you can even bring your camera...lol

zz4vetteguy 05-04-2010 10:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PortDawg (Post 34892)
Sounds like a day at the Barn...

My only fear about that is, things "happen" at the Barn....I would be afraid that if someone took me for a beer run, I would come back and my vert would have a permanent affixed hard top...LOL...I heard there is a new waiver to even park at the barn that reads "Management is not responsible for roofs removed or added to vehicles left unattended." :lolsmile:

Cobra4B 05-04-2010 10:13pm

I used to have mod parties at my house a few times a year... if the barn's not open for business we can do it at my place. I've got a grill and all the tools you'd need.

If you've never had your plug wires off try and buy a set of stockers cheap off the forum just in case any break on removal.

Get OEM F-body exhaust manifold gaskets... they have round ports that bette rmatch the header flanges and no funky AIR pump stuff that's needed w/ the OEM manifold.

zz4vetteguy 05-04-2010 10:55pm

I will look into that. I never even thought about plug wires

wwomanC6 05-06-2010 9:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 34905)
My only fear about that is, things "happen" at the Barn....I would be afraid that if someone took me for a beer run, I would come back and my vert would have a permanent affixed hard top...LOL...I heard there is a new waiver to even park at the barn that reads "Management is not responsible for roofs removed or added to vehicles left unattended." :lolsmile:

:lolsmile: :hurray: good way to get a free mod! Pranksters eh....

:squirrelrun:

OBXFunn 05-06-2010 1:11pm

We should have an install party at VA Speed. We can all eat and drink as we watch Ed install headers, haha.

Sneaks 05-11-2010 10:50am

Quote:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

wwomanC6 05-11-2010 10:59am

Quote:

Heck, I'd consider jumping on a military hop to come join the the fun and camera party to see this. :jester: :cheers:

zz4vetteguy 05-11-2010 9:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwomanC6 (Post 35436)
Heck, I'd consider jumping on a military hop to come join the the fun and camera party to see this. :jester: :cheers:

well.....:toetap:

:D

wwomanC6 05-11-2010 9:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 35530)
well.....:toetap:

:D

When's the date your planning to doing it?:waiting1: :cheers:

Y2Kvert4me 05-12-2010 3:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra4B (Post 34907)
If you've never had your plug wires off try and buy a set of stockers cheap off the forum just in case any break on removal.

No, that never happens...:rofl:

http://grondpix.com/madnessmodparty/...y%20-%2018.jpg

Cobra4B 05-13-2010 10:47am

^ Was that during your cam swap at EG's? Man I was buzzing hard taking your rocker arms off :p