The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Is this the new normal? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122088)

z06psi 03-25-2020 11:51am

Is this the new normal?

SARS, Swine, Avian, Corona.

Has Corona set the bar for all reactions? What made this one different other than being an election year?

Or do they all happen on election years?

:leaving::leaving:

Steve_R 03-25-2020 12:04pm

I'm not big on conspiracy theories because too many people can't keep their mouth shut. If the overreaction was only in the U.S. I might be inclined to think it's related to the election, but it's worldwide this time. What makes this one so different? No clue.

BOTY 03-25-2020 12:04pm

I'll let you know, waiting to see if they restrict travel in and out of NYC.

z06psi 03-25-2020 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1745949)
I'm not big on conspiracy theories because too many people can't keep their mouth shut. If the overreaction was only in the U.S. I might be inclined to think it's related to the election, but it's worldwide this time. What makes this one so different? No clue.

There was no way to control the cat once it was out of the bag.

If the Chinese wanted to hurt the economy to get rid of Trump then they succeeded. However, Trump's numbers are going up. :rofl:

z06psi 03-25-2020 12:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1745950)
I'll let you know, waiting to see if they restrict travel in and out of NYC.

Clinton basically killed Weinstein with the Kung Flu so now they will restrict. :D

Barn Babe 03-25-2020 12:18pm

Yeah, I keep finding myself dreading the NEXT thing :willy:

VatorMan 03-25-2020 12:29pm

I'll bet sales on Isolated cabins in the woods will go through the roof.

Mike Mercury 03-25-2020 12:37pm

CV is worse that the others, not by a whole lot though.

But the hype is a bazzilion times more :banghead:

DAB 03-25-2020 12:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1745961)
I'll bet sales on Isolated cabins in the woods will go through the roof.

i know where you can buy 5+ acres of mostly level land in a quiet neighborhood. 1200 SF minimum house size required. :DAB:

snide 03-25-2020 12:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1745963)
i know where you can buy 5+ acres of mostly level land in a quiet neighborhood. 1200 SF minimum house size required. :DAB:

:bigears:

Cybercowboy 03-25-2020 12:59pm

The good news is the governor of Nevada just banned the use of hydrochloroquine to treat COVID-19 on advice of his head medical guy Ihsan Azzam who isn't a licensed physician in the USA and who only practiced medicine briefly before coming here from Africa in the 1990's. This is because Trump "touted" this as a possible treatment and some idiotic couple thought it was the same as fish tank cleaner and one of them died. And that it hasn't been double-blind studied for COVID-19 treatment (like every other thing in the world) and has only been used to treat malaria and arthritis for the last 70 years.

:thumbs:

z06psi 03-25-2020 1:03pm

I know where you can buy 67 acres with an isolated 5000sqft newly constructed house in the woods.

$2mil

Aerovette 03-25-2020 1:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1745949)

China doesn't want Trump either, nor does Iran. Italy is possibly an innocent bystander caught up in the mess.

Any word on impact at the Vatican? Wasn't the pope fluey a few weeks ago?

Keep in mind that the Dems have their own foreign meeting and conversations that we are not privy to. They've been caught doing it before.

Virus real? YES
Virus being overblown for maximum damage? YES

Aerovette 03-25-2020 1:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1745968)
The good news is the governor of Nevada just banned the use of hydrochloroquine to treat COVID-19 on advice of his head medical guy Ihsan Azzam who isn't a licensed physician in the USA and who only practiced medicine briefly before coming here from Africa in the 1990's. This is because Trump "touted" this as a possible treatment and some idiotic couple thought it was the same as fish tank cleaner and one of them died. And that it hasn't been double-blind studied for COVID-19 treatment (like every other thing in the world) and has only been used to treat malaria and arthritis for the last 70 years.

About 4 or 5 people need to cough and sneeze on that asshat and see if he has a change of heart suddenly.

JetMechZ16 03-25-2020 1:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1745968)

I don't see how a non medical person could override a Dr. prescribing an approved drug. Some politicians are bound to get a case of lead poisoning if they get people killed due to their over reaching proclamations.

dwjz06 03-25-2020 1:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1745963)

not if I have to haul my water:D:kimblair:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1745995)
China doesn't want Trump either, nor does Iran. Italy is possibly an innocent bystander caught up in the mess.

Any word on impact at the Vatican? Wasn't the pope fluey a few weeks ago?

Keep in mind that the Dems have their own foreign meeting and conversations that we are not privy to. They've been caught doing it before.

Virus real? YES
Virus being overblown for maximum damage? YES

way over blown. Just not sure who is gaining from it. Seems to damage the economy. Unless all these azz clowns in the gov’t have insider info or have purchased masks stock before it went nuts.:confused5:

FLEXjs 03-25-2020 1:55pm

IMHO the whole thing was worsened by blatant virtue signalling.

Everyone in authority wanted to be seen by their public as doing more to fight this than the next guy.

Same reason we have such ridiculous laws in this country for certain things. You're better of murdering someone here than if you street race or drive impaired.

Aerovette 03-25-2020 1:58pm

Cuomo:" "What am I gonna do with 4000 ventilators when I need 30,000?"

Oh I can think of a place you can put them you jackass.

z06psi 03-25-2020 2:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1746014)
virtue signalling.

Only ghey people use that term.

Mick 03-25-2020 2:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1746014)
Everyone in authority wanted to be seen by their public as doing more to fight this than the next guy.

I agree, but have used different works to describe this dynamic: Every ****ing democrat is trying to out-stupid the last guy.

My friend (the bike shop guy) and I were talking about this yesterday too. Some years, the seasonal flu kills as many as 60,000 Americans, and no one says a word. Now we have a flu that has killed what? 700-800, and the whole country is losing their minds?

Things will be interesting come June, when this thing has died out, and the death toll is something like 8,000.