The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Satisfaction defined (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119772)

Loco Vette 07-14-2019 6:03pm

Satisfaction defined

There were three groups in our game yesterday. We were the third foursome. I made a natural biride on #18 with the other two groups watching from the patio of the pro shop. As I am walking off the green one of them said "and that asshole probably has two strokes on this hole." So I responded "Yep, and that is actually my second net ace on the back 9." :rofl::rofl:

DAB 07-14-2019 6:09pm

that's nice dear. :yesnod:

Stangkiller 07-14-2019 6:12pm

I think that means you’re wasting too much time playing with sticks and chasing balls. Congrats Doc!

69camfrk 07-14-2019 6:37pm

What happens if you get an unnatural birdie?:confused5:

JRD77VET 07-14-2019 6:42pm

Congrats and great comeback :seasix:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1676208)
What happens if you get an unnatural birdie?:confused5:

3 - 5 years :willy:

:D

:leaving:

tjfontaine 07-14-2019 8:11pm

fascinating ... will read again .... tomorrow maybe ...

NEED-A-VETTE 07-14-2019 9:05pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1676205)
There were three groups in our game yesterday. We were the third foursome. I made a natural biride on #18 with the other two groups watching from the patio of the pro shop. As I am walking off the green one of them said "and that asshole probably has two strokes on this hole." So I responded "Yep, and that is actually my second net ace on the back 9." :rofl::rofl:

Attachment 28841

Mike Mercury 07-15-2019 9:12am

https://www.americangolf.com/blog/wp...80185184_n.jpg

https://media.makeameme.org/created/...olfing-all.jpg

Loco Vette 07-15-2019 12:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1676227)

It was a profitable round :D

Jobaka 07-15-2019 12:09pm

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/07/46/2a/0...golf-humor.jpg

snide 07-15-2019 1:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1676266)
It was a profitable round :D

VITE1 07-15-2019 2:17pm

I love it when golf partners turn into whiny bitches. Shows their true colors.

Cybercowboy 07-15-2019 2:18pm

This is only for Loco Vette, the rest of you can just bypass.

A few years ago my dad and I played at his country club's member/guest tournament. It's five flights of six two-man teams each. You play five 9-hole best ball matches against each team in your flight, over two days. It's handicapped too. Really fun format. Tons of betting in the Calcutta.

The back nine on his course had been totally redone (took them almost two years) and they got it ready just in time for the tournament. I played it once during a practice round the day before the tournament. I think they gave me a 15 handicap because my official handicap was a 13 then but that course is hard and at that point I'd never shot better than an 88. Usually a lot worse. My dad had a slightly lower handicap.

So on day 2 we go up against the best team in our flight. Two guys about 35 years old, and I'm wondering how in the hell they are even in our flight? We were literally the rock-bottom dwellers. Anyway I'm shocked to see that I only get one stroke on a single hole, and that one of them actually get a stroke. I was extremely dubious of their claimed handicaps, let's just say that.

On that 9-holes on the brand new back 9 I played my heart out. My dad was having a terrible time and was picking up on pretty much every single hole. I ended up shooting even par, straight up even par over the first 8 holes on this new course, and now (because of where we started) our last hole was #14, the hardest hole on the whole damn course. I hit a really good drive, then hit a 6-iron to within three feet for birdie. Plus this is the hole I got my stroke! But here's the thing. I had to make that birdie to win, because one of them also had a stroke and would probably par it because they were MUCH better than they should have been, especially this guy. They tried to act like "Oh wow, we legit never play this good, wowsers." Meanwhile I legit NEVER play this good but am on fire.

Anyway I miss the three foot birdie putt and we ended up tying that match. It still bothers me. We were the only team to tie them, they beat everyone else in our flight like rented stepchildren. First place in the flight was a cash prize of $1200, so I guess they really needed the money or something. We ended up in third place I think. I've never before or since shot even par over 9 holes on that course.

Loco Vette 07-15-2019 4:25pm

Man that sux. Our member/guest uses the same format and some rather dubious indexes have been claimed by the guests over time.

carlton_fritz 07-15-2019 4:34pm

Cybercowboy 07-15-2019 5:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1676334)

That's a great way to find yourself wearing a 9-iron around your neck.

99 pewtercoupe 07-15-2019 6:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1676328)
Man that sux. Our member/guest uses the same format and some rather dubious indexes have been claimed by the guests over time.

Does your club require verifiable indexes? Our member/guest you have to provide the guest’s HCI, his home course and contact info for his club/course.

Loco Vette 07-15-2019 7:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1676396)
Does your club require verifiable indexes? Our member/guest you have to provide the guest’s HCI, his home course and contact info for his club/course.

Yes they do, but then the guy with a 12 index puts one 1/8" from the pin on the final playoff hole. I still suspect some people are working the system.

Loco Vette 07-15-2019 7:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1676344)
That's a great way to find yourself wearing a 9-iron around your neck.

Bunch of old farts at my club so stuck up they would probably have half the lawyers in Knoxville there 2 minutes into that.

Cybercowboy 07-15-2019 8:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1676396)

Usually it goes like this. The members generally are indexed pretty fairly. The guests are a wildcard and there isn’t much scrutiny there. I showed them my GHIN app and so they at least had some evidence of my skill level, plus they had seen me play there for 5+ years on and off so they knew it was fair. That guest of the team we tied, I suspected he was about a 5. About like my brother. You can tell the difference between a 5 and a 15 :lol:

Thing is, most guests aren’t ringers, bu enough are that I’m pretty much done with these sorts of events. My dad shelled out $800 or so for that tournament.