The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   737 goes down shortly after takeoff near Tehran. Odd coincidence? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121225)

NEED-A-VETTE 01-07-2020 11:18pm

737 goes down shortly after takeoff near Tehran. Odd coincidence?

With everything going on in that region this afternoon/evening. It’s crazy. :willy:

Quote:

Ukrainian Airlines plane crashes in Tehran shortly after takeoff

By Artemis Moshtaghian and Joshua Berlinger, CNN

Updated 10:40 PM ET, Tue January 7, 2020

(CNN)A Boeing 737 plane carrying 180 passengers and crew crashed shortly after takeoff from Imam Khomeini Airport in Tehran early Wednesday local time, Iran's semi-official news agency ISNA reported.

The Ukranian Airlines plane crashed due to technical difficulties, according to ISNA.

This is a developing story and will be updated.
Technical difficulties? How could they possibly come to that conclusion already? :confused5:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/07/middl...hnk/index.html

BOTY 01-07-2020 11:21pm

Crazy .

Lipstic 01-07-2020 11:23pm

Wow

NEED-A-VETTE 01-07-2020 11:32pm

1 Attachment(s)
The FAA already set restrictions for that area a few hours ago due to what was happening. It just seems like such an odd coincidence that a plane then goes down. Especially suspect is the fact that they have already rushed into the “mechanical failure” determination. :confused5:

But I guess stranger things have happened. :shrug:

Attachment 36438

Quote:

FAA issues emergency restriction for Iraq, Iran, Persian Gulf airspace after Iran missile attacks

Louis Casiano1 hour ago

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is restricting flights over Iraq, Iran and Persian Gulf airspace in response to Iranian missile attacks that targeted two bases housing U.S. troops in Iraq Wednesday.

The FAA cited a potential for miscalculation or misidentification for the restrictions on U.S. civil aviation operators.

"The Federal Aviation Administration issued Notices to Airmen (NOTAMS) tonight outlining flight restrictions that prohibit U.S. civil aviation operators from operating in the airspace over Iraq, Iran, and the waters of the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman," the agency said in a statement.

Some international air carriers are avoiding the airspace, as well. Singapore Airlines announced it was diverting flights from Iranian airspace to Europe, Bloomberg reported.

The FAA notice comes hours after Iran took responsibility for firing more than a dozen ballistic missiles into Iraq that targeted U.S. and coalition forces. The airstrikes were in response to the death of Iranian Quds Force Gen. Qassem Soleimani last week.

Soleimani was killed in a U.S.-ordered drone strike at Baghdad International Airport early Friday, along with several Iraqi military leaders. The killing has escalated tensions between Washington and Tehran, with each side threatening military force in the days since.

The FAA said the restrictions are due to “heightened military activities and increased political tensions in the Middle East, which present an inadvertent risk to U.S. civil aviation operations.” The agency said it was monitoring the situation in the Middle East and was sharing "information with U.S. air carriers and foreign civil authorities."
https://www.foxnews.com/world/faa-em...issile-attacks

BOTY 01-07-2020 11:37pm

Is Nox on the road? :seasix:

NEED-A-VETTE 01-07-2020 11:45pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1712402)
Is Nox on the road? :seasix:

He’s everywhere...all the time.

Watch your six. :leaving:

Attachment 36440

BOTY 01-07-2020 11:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1712407)
He’s everywhere...all the time.

Watch your six. :leaving:

Attachment 36440

:USA: respect. :yesnod:

A/E 01-08-2020 6:25am

The Wag the Dog Theorist say why not throw some Ukraine Intrigue into this scenario.

Meanwhile, Get Mayor Pete on CNN for game of Checkers...

Hard to really believe and get anything honest from any media outlets or sources when there's been so many years of CIA counterintelligence and Pallets of Cash bandied out in these "hot spots"

Who's deceiving who and why ?

Real Answers are about as clear as Epstien's Suicide

Lakota 01-08-2020 8:28am

Vadym Prystaiko, Ukraine’s minister of foreign affairs, said 63 Canadians, 82 Iranians and 11 Ukrainians were on board— the Ukrainian nationals included two passengers and the nine crew. There were also 10 Swedish, four Afghan, three German and three British nationals.

It remains unclear what happened. Qassem Biniaz, a spokesman for Iran’s Road and Transportation Ministry, said it appeared a fire struck one of its engines. The pilot of the aircraft then lost control of the plane, sending it crashing into the ground.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...cial-says.html

Aerovette 01-08-2020 8:34am

Ground crews and mechanics jobs have been compromised. I'd look there first, but actually believe it is just a coincidence...an odd one, but coincidence. No one has claimed responsibility so I don't put much "conspiracy" in to it.

Rob 01-08-2020 8:35am

Iran's definition of "technical" - Your lame ass can't fly a plane without a wing and 1/2 the cockpit.

NEED-A-VETTE 01-08-2020 9:05am

It looks like Ukraine is walking back their statement that is was mechanical failure. For now.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ne-boeing-737/

NEED-A-VETTE 01-08-2020 9:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1712497)
Ground crews and mechanics jobs have been compromised. I'd look there first, but actually believe it is just a coincidence...an odd one, but coincidence. No one has claimed responsibility so I don't put much "conspiracy" in to it.

If it wasn’t a terrorist group and was accidentally shot down by Iran, I don’t think they’re going to openly claim responsibility. :shrug:

Broken Wind 01-08-2020 9:21am

Iran remains nearly as incompetent as they were 40 yrs ago. They just have more modern weaponry. This was an Iranian **** up. There’s no other plausible explanation.

Aerovette 01-08-2020 9:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1712514)
If it wasn’t a terrorist group and was accidentally shot down by Iran, I don’t think they’re going to openly claim responsibility. :shrug:

If it promotes their cause, I don't think they have any rule book.

Rodnok1 01-08-2020 9:23am

It's a shame whatever the reason it crashed, hope they didn't shoot their own airplane down though...

Broken Wind 01-08-2020 9:26am

1 Attachment(s)
Notice the “technical holes” in the fuselage.

RED-85-Z51 01-08-2020 7:50pm

Page has miraculously vanished but they showed a real time playback of the flights telemetry from ground to loss of signal and it was an absolutely uneventful takeoff and climb, they maintained a steady rate of climb and were about to pass 8000 and poof...no transponder signal and its on fire breaking apart.

Murray 01-08-2020 7:52pm

2 kids from the school division where my wife works were on the plane with their families

JRD77VET 01-08-2020 7:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray (Post 1712837)
2 kids from the school division where my wife works were on the plane with their families

:sadangel: :sadangel: :sadangel: :sadangel: