The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ER visit today....PIF...... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121162)

mrvette 01-02-2020 7:25pm

ER visit today....PIF......

EFFing uncle arthurRONGus got to me last night and by AM today it was criticality one on the right foot big toe joint felt like it was ties to a tow truck....

Local hosp is undergoing yet ANOTHER expansion to take care of the vastly quick growth rate up/down the two roads into Jax, through Orange Park.....

and so it was mASS confusion for my ass just trying to find a parking spot, and all the incorrect signs about Doc's offices and crap.....finally went to the ER, and in/out in about 2 hours....not so bad considering the jamb up of people there.....

my entire skeleton is rusted trash, and they have me a shot straight into the muscle on my upper left arm, and some blue tint med in a tiny cup of water, washed down by much water.....

so they send me home with a script for 5 mg of OXY with numbers behind the letters.....I not filled it yet....

BUT the toe is MUCH BETTER, it was getting tearful.....and so is the rest of the joints....no buzz/high either......

:issues:

note to the wise....next time around when filling out your heavenly spec sheet.....it's STAINLESS and Teflon joints, accept nothing less!!!

:issues:

MrPeabody 01-02-2020 8:58pm

Hope the meds work and you're feeling better soon.:seasix:

markids77 01-02-2020 9:05pm

Keep fighting it Gene. I find that the more I can move whatever hurts without loading the joints the less I hurt. Of course each morning I have to start all over again...

dvarapala 01-02-2020 9:07pm

Prayers sent for your tootsie.

Stevedore 01-02-2020 9:33pm

I hope it continues to feel better. :cert: If it doesn't, get the oxy filled. At our ages (73 here, I think you're around that yourself...), I see no reason to live with pain if it can be controlled.

I have bad knees, & arthritic pain in assorted joints, but ibuprofen keeps it under control enough so I can do the things I need/want to do.

ZipZap 01-02-2020 11:29pm

Tart Cherry supplements:seasix:

BOTY 01-02-2020 11:35pm

Was this gout? :confused5: if so cherry juice does work, hope you get better soon.

mrvette 01-03-2020 3:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevedore (Post 1708423)
I hope it continues to feel better. :cert: If it doesn't, get the oxy filled. At our ages (73 here, I think you're around that yourself...), I see no reason to live with pain if it can be controlled.

I have bad knees, & arthritic pain in assorted joints, but ibuprofen keeps it under control enough so I can do the things I need/want to do.

Tell you what's really effed up about this shit, my left knee started in about 6 months ago, got better, but still noticeable, then right knee with sharper pain not just an more or less livable ache, then the pain increased on the left knee, and just in the last 3 daze the right toe took outta there....

in the mean time my hips started in but at least my ankles, shoulders, elbows are not in the mix....YET.....lo back is all my life and these daze up top between the shoulder blades and even my neck crunches like a rusty hinge....

guess I need get the oxy crap filled....even though my right toe and left knee are feeling decent now, like 3=4 months ago.....:issues:

MY advice, at age 75 is to quit buying calendars .....kill the date on the computer screen......

:dance::shots:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 01-03-2020 4:08am

Hoping you get better soon, Gene. Or at least back to what passes for normal.

74 here but all I've had so far was a kiss of gout to my left big toe
and Allopurinol seems to keep that in check. Torn meniscus of right knee but
that's behaved for the last 4 years...

Resigned to "as good as it gets" is renegotiable every year...

A/E 01-03-2020 5:02am

Hang Loose, get lubed up, and dance to the music..

You can beat this Arthur Dude's ass.

Positive Vibes concurs all Brah.

mrvette 01-03-2020 12:12pm

I guess that hospital needle was some oil company product, because the TOE has no pain at AWL?? the left knee is much better and hip not noticed at all, but of course the lo back is still around but shoulder blade pain is vastly reduced......filled the 5 mg oxy pills, take as needed only got like a dozen of them though....

running around today like a kid, top down even yet!!!!!:lol::lol::D:dance:

ThePirate 01-03-2020 12:20pm

Glad it's getting better. I have this one spot on my face - just below my right eye. It's the only place on my body that doesn't hurt.

Jobaka 01-03-2020 12:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePirate (Post 1708755)
Glad it's getting better. I have this one spot on my face - just below my right eye. It's the only place on my body that doesn't hurt.

You should probably get that looked at right away.

:leaving:

Mike Mercury 01-03-2020 3:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1708525)
Tart Cherry supplements:seasix:

this actually works for gout. I drink dark cherry juice (can't stand the taste of the Tart variety).

I also take this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With drinking 6 ozs of pure cherry juice a day and one of the NutriGout capsules per day... I have zero gout issues.