The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   2011 Omega Man Memorial Fantasy Football Challenge of Manliness (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20444)

Burnt C6 08-21-2011 10:57am

Ok I'm registered.

Will 08-21-2011 4:32pm

:cheers:

11 spots still available. I sent PMs to everyone (I think) who participated in the March Madness brackets.

:dance:

Rob 08-21-2011 7:40pm

I would love to play but I am busy all weekend at a BBQ competition. Therefore, I would be unable to attend the draft.

Jeff '79 08-21-2011 7:50pm

Friday night really is a bad night for the draft....Poker night would prolly be a better one....Like a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.....:yesnod:

Will 08-21-2011 9:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 396582)
Friday night really is a bad night for the draft....Poker night would prolly be a better one....Like a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.....:yesnod:

Rescheduling is certainly an option if we get enough people in time. :cheers:

Jay13 08-21-2011 11:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 393579)
Untold barn buck fortunes await the winner. :dance:

So long as there's no cash involved, I'm cool. Friday sux for me though.

Entropy 08-22-2011 8:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega Man (Post 393573)
https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/o...sy-sports.html

Will, You are a chubby chasing queerbait.

:lolsmile:

I've never done this, so sure, I'm in.

Scissors 08-22-2011 8:28am

I'm in it to win it.

Joined.

Scissors 08-22-2011 8:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnt C6 (Post 395314)
For once I agree with JoeCoool. I'll be on a damn air plane Friday evening.

I'll be on my way to Austria that weekend, but f*ck it.

Will 08-22-2011 8:50am

Guys, would this THURSDAY NIGHT work for everyone for the draft?

I changed draft time to 7pm Thursday for now, since a lot of people had conflicts friday and over the weekend.

Entropy, I don't see you on there yet. Once you join, we only need one more person (need an even number).

Who else wants in ?????

Will 08-22-2011 8:53am

Also, be sure to look over the scoring rules above. I added a lot of the optional scoring, and I made some slight changes, especially to QBs. Their touchdowns were only worth 4 points by default, I set them to 6 points just like every other TD. The NFL is QB-centric in real life, and QB's score the same amount on a TD in real life.

Just something to keep in mind as you draft. Also -2 points for INTs, so a relatively mistake free QB is important as well. :cheers:

Scissors 08-22-2011 9:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 396866)
Guys, would this THURSDAY NIGHT work for everyone for the draft?

I changed draft time to 7pm Thursday for now, since a lot of people had conflicts friday and over the weekend.

Entropy, I don't see you on there yet. Once you join, we only need one more person (need an even number).

Who else wants in ?????

Works for me.

Jeff '79 08-22-2011 9:03am

I'm going fishing Thursday..........jus kiddin' ...It's ok with me. Wednesday would be ideal though.

Will 08-22-2011 9:19am

Also if any of you guys are in a different time zone than EST and need it later than 7pm to be safe we can push the time later.

It looks like we'll maybe only have 6, so with 45 second picks and 18 rounds it shouldn't take too long. The maximum time if every pick took 45 seconds would be 1 hour 20 minutes or so. :cheers:

Jeff '79 08-22-2011 9:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 396890)
Also if any of you guys are in a different time zone than EST and need it later than 7pm to be safe we can push the time later.

It looks like we'll maybe only have 6, so with 45 second picks and 18 rounds it shouldn't take too long. The maximum time if every pick took 45 seconds would be 1 hour 20 minutes or so. :cheers:

It prolly won't take more tha 45 minutes. Don't you think ?

Will 08-22-2011 9:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 396895)
It prolly won't take more tha 45 minutes. Don't you think ?

As long as people show up for the draft. I don't agonize over my picks, I kind of decide on a few as other people are picking each round and usually one is left when it's my turn again.

Also I believe I can edit the draft order, so if Entropy and one other person can get signed up soon, I can post the randomized draft order, and then if folks want to trade with each-other I could accommodate that. I know some folks like picking first, and some folks prefer closer to the end so they can get 2 picks close together. :cheers:

Will 08-22-2011 10:09am

OKAY. I see jay13 has signed up. Entropy, we just need you to sign up and we have an even number. :cheers:

Burnt C6 08-22-2011 10:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 396868)
Also, be sure to look over the scoring rules above. I added a lot of the optional scoring, and I made some slight changes, especially to QBs. Their touchdowns were only worth 4 points by default, I set them to 6 points just like every other TD. The NFL is QB-centric in real life, and QB's score the same amount on a TD in real life.

Just something to keep in mind as you draft. Also -2 points for INTs, so a relatively mistake free QB is important as well. :cheers:

Hell I'm good with how ever you you set the scoring up. since everythign is done automaticly it's no big deal.

Thursday night at 7:00 is good with me.

Burnt C6 08-22-2011 10:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 396899)
As long as people show up for the draft. I don't agonize over my picks, I kind of decide on a few as other people are picking each round and usually one is left when it's my turn again.

Also I believe I can edit the draft order, so if Entropy and one other person can get signed up soon, I can post the randomized draft order, and then if folks want to trade with each-other I could accommodate that. I know some folks like picking first, and some folks prefer closer to the end so they can get 2 picks close together. :cheers:

I was setting my draft preference order up yesterday but didn't see anythign for an auto draft.

Will 08-22-2011 10:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnt C6 (Post 396963)
I was setting my draft order up yesterday but didn't see anythign for an auto draft.

If you no-show for the draft Yahoo autodrafts for you. I believe based on your draft order, and if you don't have one, then theirs.

No-showing is a good way to have a crap team though.