The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Who rightfully should have won the Civil War? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137502)

Louie Detroit 04-26-2024 2:10pm

Who rightfully should have won the Civil War?

I know a lot of you Southern hillbillies have a giant bug up your asses about losing, but what would this country be like if the South had won? I mean you’re the lazy dipsticks who had to enslave negroes to pick your own damn cotton FFS.

KenHorse 04-26-2024 2:12pm

All I know is Lincoln violated the Constitution on several occasions

GTOguy 04-26-2024 2:13pm

There would be much less black on black violence for sure. Probably no national debt, either. So the country would be safer and wealthier.
I think slavery is evil and terrible, personally. Wish the whole thing never happened, but blacks are still enslaving blacks to this day. Human nature: war, kill, rape, pillage, repeat.

Louie Detroit 04-26-2024 2:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 2251703)

Good for him

GTOguy 04-26-2024 2:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 2251703)

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?":)

lrobe22 04-26-2024 2:26pm

Slavery was coming to an end anyway as machinery like the tractor was being developed in that time.

Louie Detroit 04-26-2024 2:32pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lrobe22 (Post 2251713)
Slavery was coming to an end anyway as machinery like the tractor was being developed in that time.

Bill 04-26-2024 2:38pm

IB4MTPR&C

Loco Vette 04-26-2024 4:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 2251702)
I know a lot of you Southern hillbillies have a giant bug up your asses about losing, but what would this country be like if the South had won? I mean you’re the lazy dipsticks who had to enslave negroes to pick your own damn cotton FFS.

You Yankee ****twats had slavery too, just not the plantations. Get off your high horse. Northern slavery

GTOguy 04-26-2024 4:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 2251755)
You Yankee ****twats had slavery too, just not the plantations. Get off your high horse. Northern slavery

*Yankee Doodle Yadkins

slewfoot 04-26-2024 4:15pm

If we only had a P & R Section

Louie Detroit 04-26-2024 4:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 2251758)
If we only had a P & R Section

That's for the boring threads.

:yaddy:

slewfoot 04-26-2024 4:27pm

The side that didn't surrender

jw38 04-26-2024 4:33pm

The correct question should be: Where would the US be if conservatives had ended the democrat party? I grew up in the north (ASSachusetts) and I've never been to a more racist place in my life...and I've traveled all over the world. Slavery was STARTED in Boston, just like the KKK was started by democrats. What did the north actually win?

6spdC6 04-26-2024 4:41pm

Quote:

I'm a born and raised and lived in NYS all my life. I firmly believe the wrong side won that war. After all that was done by Lincoln to subvert the constitution and was followed up by more subverting by other radicals the 2 Roosevelts & Wilson among others! this country is in the shape its in.

Slavery was a going away thing (good) The federal goverment would not be near as (illegally) powerful as it is now!

Anjdog2003 04-26-2024 4:44pm

Millenniums that aren't taught History in school. I think the Chinese should have won the Civil War.

Last week i was at the grocery story with my friend. My change was $14.92. So i told my friend watch this. I asked the checker did she know what happened in 1492? She said i think it was the fall of the Roman Empire. :kick:

Another true story. When i belonged to T-Mobile years ago they would ask you for you ID when paying cash for your bill. I told the manager why do you care who pays the bill? She said it's our policy. So i went to give her my Drivers License instead i grabed my Veterans card with my name and pic on it and gave it too her. She said thank you for your service.I had another friend with me. And said watch this. I asked the Manager when did she think i served? She said either WWI or WWII. I told her i would have to be in my 90's+ for WWII and well into my hundreds for WWI. She said the Civil War. as God is my witness. I said do you know when there Civil War was fought? She told my she didn't and that they didn't teach history in school. This is the honest truth. She said when did you serve and i told the Manager Vietnam. Then i said do you know where the Vietnam War was fought? She said no. I told her Albuquerque New Mexico. She said I've been to Albuquerque with excitement. I told than you've been where the Vietnam War was fought. God help us.

IB4TL 04-26-2024 4:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 2251774)
Millenniums that aren't taught History in school. I think the Chinese should have won the Civil War.

Last week i was at the grocery story with my friend. My change was $14.92. So i told my friend watch this. I asked the checker did she know what happened in 1492? She said i think it was the fall of the Roman Empire. :kick:

Another true story. When i belonged to T-Mobile years ago they would ask you for you ID when paying cash for your bill. I told the manager why do you care who pays the bill? She said it's our policy. So i went to give her my Drivers License instead i grabed my Veterans card with my name and pic on it and gave it too her. She said thank you for your service.I had another friend with me. And said watch this. I asked the Manager when did she think i served? She said either WWI or WWII. I told her i would have to be in my 90's+ for WWII and well into my hundreds for WWI. She said the Civil War. as God is my witness. I said do you know when there Civil War was fought? She told my she didn't and that they didn't teach history in school. This is the honest truth. She said when did you serve and i told the Manager Vietnam. Then i said do you know where the Vietnam War was fought? She said no. I told her Albuquerque New Mexico. She said I've been to Albuquerque with excitement. I told than you've been where the Vietnam War was fought. God help us.

I stopped reading when you ****ed up the first word :yesnod::funnier:

Anjdog2003 04-26-2024 4:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IB4TL (Post 2251778)
I stopped reading when you ****ed up the first word :yesnod::funnier:

You stopped reading when you thought the girls were right. :yesnod:

IB4TL 04-26-2024 4:49pm

Quote:

Tell me you don't know history without telling me that you attended public schooling :funnier:

Do a little research, what you said is wrong on multiple levels.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess :Jeff '79:

Louie Detroit 04-26-2024 4:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IB4TL (Post 2251781)
Tell me you don't know history without telling me that you attended public schooling :funnier:

Do a little research, what you said is wrong on multiple levels.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess :Jeff '79:

Please explain professor.