The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GWiz setting sail...off to her new life. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767)

Datawiz 05-13-2021 7:03pm

GWiz setting sail...off to her new life.

1 Attachment(s)
:angel:

We leave for Kissimmee tomorrow morning.

Our next race weekend is June 5/6. She'll fly home and drive the white Miata back up, completing the auto trifecta. :lol:

She's driving the BRZ, I'm driving the UHaul, and wife bringing the Outback for us to return home in. Has been a challenge with a sprained ankle. :willy:

DAB 05-13-2021 7:18pm

is this your new mobile, stealth office with 20 screens?

:slap:

Datawiz 05-13-2021 7:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1881068)
is this your new mobile, stealth office with 20 screens?

:slap:

No, sadly, I will only have 1 screen on this journey. GWiz will have her 10 when she lands at her new place. I'm only on 2 screens as I type this as my office is down. New floor is in, but office won't start getting reassembled until we get back from Kissimmee.

2 monitors suck! :willy:

Rodnok1 05-13-2021 7:48pm

What pray tell did you do to mess the ankle up, not a Kermie and garden hose injury I hope. :popcorns:
Tell Gwiz best of luck as its an exciting time in life. :kimblair: May her new place be termite free and no Porter's for neighbors.

Hardluck 05-13-2021 7:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1881069)
No, sadly, I will only have 1 screen on this journey. GWiz will have her 10 when she lands at her new place. I'm only on 2 screens as I type this as my office is down. New floor is in, but office won't start getting reassembled until we get back from Kissimmee.

Nerd/geek problems!:spdchk:

Hardluck 05-13-2021 7:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1881072)
What pray tell did you do to mess the ankle up, not a Kermie and garden hose injury I hope. :popcorns:
Tell Gwiz best of luck as its an exciting time in life. :kimblair: May her new place be termite free and no Porter's for neighbors.

Y u so mean?:confused5:

Datawiz 05-13-2021 7:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1881072)

Minor divot in the yard tweaked it some....but a day later, I couldn't walk. In fact, I couldn't walk all week long. We almost had to have my brother in law help us and go up with us.

My foot has been seriously swollen, and black and blue. I had to crawl from my bedroom to my office one day this week. :willy:

snide 05-13-2021 8:01pm

Best wishes in your new home, @GWiz! :thumbs::thumbs:

:cheers:

Rodnok1 05-13-2021 8:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1881079)
Minor divot in the yard tweaked it some....but a day later, I couldn't walk. In fact, I couldn't walk all week long. We almost had to have my brother in law help us and go up with us.

My foot has been seriously swollen, and black and blue. I had to crawl from my bedroom to my office one day this week. :willy:

Damn... Having done nasty shit to my ankles my whole life I know that hurts. Ice and elevate, wrap the shit outta it for support and or a boot may be needed or it'll drag on and on and on especially the older you get.
I went down in yard years ago stepping in dog hole, the ankle I had messed up almost a year prior. I fully expected to see bonez going the wrong way, crawled into house and managed to get a beer and ice for ankle and hit the chair in a flop sweat. An hr later i was better than before, i must have dislocated something and it finally went back in the hard way.
Hope it gets feeling better soon. :kimblair:

DJ_Critterus 05-14-2021 7:23am

wait, didn't she jsut move into a place not far from you?

Rodnok1 05-14-2021 7:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1881144)
wait, didn't she jsut move into a place not far from you?

That place fell thru he said as the guy was a dick it turned out.

dvarapala 05-14-2021 9:00am

Quote:

No, sadly, I will only have 1 screen on this journey.

How the **** will you survive? :shrug:

:lol:

Thunder22 05-14-2021 10:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1881178)
How the **** will you survive? :shrug:

:lol:

he'll have cake. or soup.

:leaving:

bill_daniels 05-14-2021 10:31am

Quote:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c2/58...20cf45e213.gif

Datawiz 05-16-2021 6:42pm

1 Attachment(s)
Long weekend, lots of progress. Homeowner on the hook for a ton of shit. I fixed a ton of shit, door knobs falling off, 4 sprinkler heads, doorbells not working, ...., on and on.

Regardless, GWiz is successfully in her new home, she has all of the tools to succeed, and we made some major improvements in the front landscaping. More to do, but she and I cleaned it up a bunch and put 30 bags of mulch down.

Glad to have my own house back, and thrilled that my daughter gets her own freedom. :yesnod:

Stangkiller 05-16-2021 6:55pm

that's quite the awesome first post college crash pad. Congrats G!

Datawiz 05-16-2021 7:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1881765)
that's quite the awesome first post college crash pad. Congrats G!

She and I both understand that she's in a very unique situation. To be 22 and be able to rent such an accommodation, with no roommates, is a huge accomplishment. We built her to be this person, and we're thrilled to let her become this person. Her next move will be into a house that she owns. She'll likely own a home on her own before she gets married. As she says cutely...."I ain't need no man...". :lol:

Chuck A 05-17-2021 12:08pm

Very cool indeed

tjfontaine 05-17-2021 2:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1881767)
She and I both understand that she's in a very unique situation. To be 22 and be able to rent such an accommodation, with no roommates, is a huge accomplishment. We built her to be this person, and we're thrilled to let her become this person. Her next move will be into a house that she owns. She'll likely own a home on her own before she gets married. As she says cutely...."I ain't need no man...". :lol:

You guys did a great job Craig - I said it before , you guys should write a book on how to raise a successful, hardworking, independent young WOMAN in today's world. A recipe book for others ...