The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Flex Come Back (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124300)

Vandelay Industries 12-11-2020 11:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egnalf (Post 1831970)
sjXElf

All I see there is "Elf". :rofl:

Aerovette 12-12-2020 12:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raazor (Post 1832033)
indeed.

peeps come and go. We've all had fuggers badger us at some point. Here's what you do... ignore them :yesnod: just like real life.

I didn't see the thread but if you lose your cool on the intrawebz, it's time to take a break... forced or otherwise.

/meathead

For the most part I agree, but there are people you encounter every now and then that are full of shit and you can't NOT call them on it, others are just flat out dicks and are like a gnat that keeps flitting around just an inch from your face and fking your picnic.

The Barn is not like that other place and in real life, I think I'm a damn nice guy. Go there being a nice guy with an opinion and you'll get crushed. Bring that assholeness here and you'll get crushed. The struggle is real. :Jeff '79:

I always tried to be more me here and less me there. Now it's kind of all mixed up because so many came from there, we all know we can poke a little harder and it is usually taken well.

I'm sorry to see Shrexjs go. I think he was entertaining and I doubt we have a shit ton to talk about, but I'd let him buy me a beer.:lol:

Steve_R 12-12-2020 12:40am

We need more drama here. :slap:

Anjdog2003 12-12-2020 12:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1832012)
True dat. I find I have formed a friendship of sorts with a number of posters here, many of whom have gone other places as this forum has morphed to its current status. As you have no doubt noticed, this forum is a place still open and accepting of nearly all who venture forth here with genuinely minimal interference from the ruling class. I miss a whole bunch of folk who used to post the daily minutiae of their lives before the recent influx of active members from "over there" who have in large part brought with them a culture of cynisism, intolerance and outright hostility toward folk who simply come here to share life's stories on a small platform. I miss the simpler times; and the fellowship.

Anjdog2003 12-12-2020 12:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1832077)
For the most part I agree, but there are people you encounter every now and then that are full of shit and you can't NOT call them on it, others are just flat out dicks and are like a gnat that keeps flitting around just an inch from your face and fking your picnic.

The Barn is not like that other place and in real life, I think I'm a damn nice guy. Go there being a nice guy with an opinion and you'll get crushed. Bring that assholeness here and you'll get crushed. The struggle is real. :Jeff '79:

I always tried to be more me here and less me there. Now it's kind of all mixed up because so many came from there, we all know we can poke a little harder and it is usually taken well.

I'm sorry to see Shrexjs go. I think he was entertaining and I doubt we have a shit ton to talk about, but I'd let him buy me a beer.:lol:

I got as far as "For the most part"

Anjdog2003 12-12-2020 12:56am

Not one person here i dislike. I tolerate MurraT only because i met him in person.

This is the internet Don't take anything serious. The best friends i have in real life we trash talk each other. And it doesn't matter what race you are.

I like markids77 I just think he's wound up a little too tight. The Jack Nicholson was a joke markids77. Learn to flow, if someone says or does something you don't like don't respond or better yet. Tell them to stfu. :cert:

Rodnok1 12-12-2020 6:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1831995)
Apparently message boards are a popularity contest.

Is this high school?

No but people like you make it jr high school with all your bullshit.

z06psi 12-12-2020 6:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1832106)
No but people like you make it jr high school with all your bullshit.

I was shooting for pre-K but whatever.

carlton_fritz 12-12-2020 7:16am

1 Attachment(s)

z06psi 12-12-2020 7:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1832117)

Perxactly

Mick 12-12-2020 7:47am

Wow, I guess I missed some fireworks. :shrug:

z06psi 12-12-2020 7:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1832127)
Wow, I guess I missed some butthurt. :shrug:

fixt

Blademaker 12-12-2020 8:03am

2 interweb nutswingers taking shots at each other, each with their own cronies taking sides.....:funniest:

I rarely check this page any more, as shit like this runs people away.

Olustee bus 12-12-2020 8:07am

Quote:

True dat. I find I have formed a friendship of sorts with a number of posters here, many of whom have gone other places as this forum has morphed to its current status. As you have no doubt noticed, this forum is a place still open and accepting of nearly all who venture forth here with genuinely minimal interference from the ruling class. I miss a whole bunch of folk who used to post the daily minutiae of their lives before the recent influx of active members from "over there" who have in large part brought with them a culture of cynisism, intolerance and outright hostility toward folk who simply come here to share life's stories on a small platform. I miss the simpler times; and the fellowship.

yeppers. Disappointing.

Thunder22 12-12-2020 8:17am

1 Attachment(s)
Thread saver

Grey Ghost 12-12-2020 8:17am

Don't know the guy or much about him. But, that video he posted about the driver in front of him being too slow or stopping for the traffic light would have got him shot dead in GA. The law here and some other states is you CANNOT block an intersection like he wanted that other driver to do. Then to get out of his car and go up shaking his hand at the other driver would have been borderline stand your ground law here.

z06psi 12-12-2020 8:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 1832138)
Don't know the guy or much about him. But, that video he posted about the driver in front of him being too slow or stopping for the traffic light would have got him shot dead in GA. The law here and some other states is you CANNOT block an intersection like he wanted that other driver to do. Then to get out of his car and go up shaking his hand at the other driver would have been borderline stand your ground law here.

Yup.

Jeff '79 12-12-2020 9:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1831972)
Thinning. And you should never cull the herd before it reaches critical population density or the whole deal can collapse. Think about that for a bit... just the 8 or so of you guys here and no one left to really eff with...

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1831984)
OK, sure. There was no prodding from any of the usual suspects, and Adog's
thinning the herd comment has no basis in fact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1831994)
It's only funny until someone gets hurt. Be it bruised flesh, pride, ego or whatever you guys (you know who you are) seem to require taking your pound of flesh to validate your existence to yourselves and each other. I hope I never become so unhappy with my own lot that I feel the need to make others as miserable as you all appear to be so you can feel alive.

Quote:

Yep. It's funny how some of the new posters who are ruining this place thanked your post. Good posts, and sooo true.

Raazor 12-12-2020 9:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1832077)

thanks

carlton_fritz 12-12-2020 9:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blademaker (Post 1832131)
2 interweb nutswingers taking shots at each other, each with their own cronies taking sides.....:funniest:

I rarely check this page any more, as shit like this runs people away.

I have a special place I visit when here.:leaving: