The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   It's An X-Rated, Hard Core Monster for the Terminally Unhinged (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115012)

ToolMaker 02-15-2018 4:04pm

Vey nice! Enjoy! :cert:

Millenium Vette 02-15-2018 4:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1614210)
I've driven my daddy's Jag. I like this one a LOT better.

BTW...it is a Supercharged V6...380hp. I looked at the R model. 550hp V8 and it was just too much car. This one is so well balanced and the sound...my God.

Nicely done Chef. I think the F-Type coupe is one of the best looking cars out today. I agree on the V6 being a better choice for all around driving.

:seasix:

mrvette 02-15-2018 5:22pm

Many smiles and miles man......

:seasix::seasix::cert:

lspencer534 02-15-2018 5:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1614227)
Don't get me wrong...the SRT was a GREAT car. Never a problem, fast as blazes, comfortable, and truth be told, light years ahead of the Jag in terms of infotainment. I'm just really not a muscle car guy anymore. I just had to get it out of my system.

The Jaguar digital display center has received criticism for being cumbersome, but IMO the criticism wrongfully places "High Tech" above practical usefulness. In practice, the Jaguar touch screen requires minimal touches to get the info you need:

To get you current gas mileage requires 1 touch to go to a new page to check you current gas mileage. To reset the clock twice a year requires 2 touches,
and very few require 3 touches. Most, such as heater temp, A/C temp, radio, heated seats and steering wheel require no touches; they're all part of the standard display screen.

Remember that Jaguar builds cars with a philosophy in mind: It designs its cars for the person who knows something about cars. It is equipped with extensive amenities but no "gadgets". All the controls are the best laid out and most ergonomically placed of all cars. It is very easy to get used to.

99 pewtercoupe 02-15-2018 7:27pm

Sex on wheels :seasix:

simpleman68 02-15-2018 7:49pm

That is a beautiful ride Mike! :wow:
I've seen a couple rolling around town here and they always grab my eyes.

I won't be rockin' anything that doesn't carry the 6 of us for some time. I'm very jelly!
Scott

JRD77VET 02-15-2018 8:27pm

Very nice, congrats.

I will admit that the red interior shocked me as it looked very subdued in the earlier pictures. About three seconds later, it changed from shock to "hey, that looks great".

Hope you get plenty of smiles per mile :toast:

NEED-A-VETTE 02-15-2018 8:32pm

Nice!!!

VetteBoy1979 02-15-2018 8:36pm

That's a real beaut Clark! Congrats! They do sound excellent!

lspencer534 02-15-2018 8:38pm

-Just an after thought: If you pull beside a car in a Mercedes, the driver of the Mercedes won't even notice the Mercedes. If you pull beside a car in a Corvette, they still won't even look. But when you pull beside a car in a Jaguar, they will stare at it.

Millenium Vette 02-15-2018 8:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lspencer534 (Post 1614296)
-Just an after thought: If you pull beside a car in a Mercedes, the driver of the Mercedes won't even notice the Mercedes. If you pull beside a car in a Corvette, they still won't even look. But when you pull beside a car in a Jaguar, they will stare at it.

I roll a Mercedes as a daily and I will say this is true with me. I always eye-fuck Jaguars whenever I see them.

Iron Chef 02-15-2018 11:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lspencer534 (Post 1614241)
The Jaguar digital display center has received criticism for being cumbersome, but IMO the criticism wrongfully places "High Tech" above practical usefulness. In practice, the Jaguar touch screen requires minimal touches to get the info you need.

Remember that Jaguar builds cars with a philosophy in mind: It designs its cars for the person who knows something about cars. It is equipped with extensive amenities but no "gadgets". All the controls are the best laid out and most ergonomically placed of all cars. It is very easy to get used to.

Well the system I have in the Jag is similar to my 2014 Range Rover Evoque. And I have to say it doesn't even come close to what I had in the Challenger. BUT, infotainment isn't why I bought that car.

Sex on wheels is the reason! :cert:

Millenium Vette 02-15-2018 11:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1614356)

The ONLY justification for rolling deep. Let's not shit ourselves. :seasix:

Oh-yaa 02-16-2018 12:50am

The design is beautiful. I have heard them too. Not sure of the engine(s) but sounded fantastic.
Congrats!

simpleman68 02-16-2018 10:42am

Quote:

...If you pull beside a car in a Corvette, they still won't even look.

Unless you're in the simpleman C5ness as they'll be urged to figure out what is making their windows shake. :D
Scott

simpleman68 02-16-2018 10:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1614356)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...-dbeVcI_NM_mbQ

Loco Vette 02-16-2018 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1614398)

Vadered!

MrPeabody 02-16-2018 12:40pm

Quote:

And you can tell chicks it's a Ferrari. Most won't know the difference.:leaving:

It would help if it was red, though.

Iron Chef 02-16-2018 12:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1614406)
And you can tell chicks it's a Ferrari. Most won't know the difference.:leaving:

It would help if it was red, though.

Red would have been nice, but I was looking more at what options it had, so you have to take what you can get. This is a very highly optioned car.

This morning I went through the Starbucks window and told the girl at the window (same girl every morning) that I was trading in the Challenger...

"You're kidding!"
"Nope...today is the last day."
"What are you getting?"
"A Jaguar"
"Oh hell who needs a Challenger!"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MrPeabody 02-16-2018 12:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1614407)
Red would have been nice, but I was looking more at what options it had, so you have to take what you can get. This is a very highly optioned car.

This morning I went through the Starbucks window and told the girl at the window (same girl every morning) that I was trading in the Challenger...

"You're kidding!"
"Nope...today is the last day."
"What are you getting?"
"A Jaguar"
"Oh hell who needs a Challenger!"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pics of Starbucks chick?