The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Made it to VA! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3175)

FoleyZ06 06-22-2010 6:06pm

Made it to VA!

Well the wife and I (and the 3 three cats) have made it to the Hampton area. House will not be ready until 30 Jun, so the joy of it all is our household goods will have to be put in storage for about a week, then reloaded onto a truck and then delivered...fun times! Atleast the military moves everything...

We are staying in Yorktown at a hotel right now, been exploring the area...

I did see a Yellow Z06 with a black carbon fiber hood today...anyone on here?

Look forward to meeting some of you around the local area...:cheers:

PortDawg 06-22-2010 6:11pm

Welcome ! We look forward to seeing you at "the barn" soon.

Eagleeye 06-22-2010 6:19pm

Welcome to Barn Country !

zz4vetteguy 06-22-2010 6:25pm

Welcome to the area!

There is a Mod Party July 10 for header installs and a C5 and a C4, great way to break the ice and meet some of the local yocals. :cheers:

Munch 06-22-2010 6:28pm

Welcome to the area!:cheers:

I hope your hotel has great AC and a nice pool, OMG it's hot!

FoleyZ06 06-22-2010 6:32pm

Thanks and coming from Florida, we were hoping we would get a break from the heat...NOT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 39428)
Welcome to the area!:cheers:

I hope your hotel has great AC and a nice pool, OMG it's hot!

thegreenman 06-22-2010 8:53pm

Glad you, wife and three cats all made it. My offer for a cold one is still good. Thanks for bringing all of that heat up with you. :D

2ez 2spd 06-22-2010 8:55pm

Welcome to the area, this hole week is going to be hot Florid didn't have this humidity did it.

FoleyZ06 06-22-2010 9:08pm

Unfortunately yes, Florida was hot with terrible humidity...when we left it was 100 degrees with 100 percent humidity...good assignment but we were glad to head out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ez 2spd (Post 39441)
Welcome to the area, this hole week is going to be hot Florid didn't have this humidity did it.

FoleyZ06 06-22-2010 9:09pm

Absolutely:cheers:

We should be moving into the house around the 30th, we are staying in a hotel on off of Victory Blvd...

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 39440)
Glad you, wife and three cats all made it. My offer for a cold one is still good. Thanks for bringing all of that heat up with you. :D

4dschvy 06-23-2010 6:21am

You must be right around the corner from us in Kiln Creek. From your avatar, looks like you're Air Force? I retired out of HQ ACC at Langley, well, a long time ago. Welcome to the Peninsula!

FoleyZ06 06-23-2010 8:09am

You bet, Air Force...turned 20 years of service this past January, so now I have options :cheers:

I will be taking command of one of the squadrons on 7 Jul.

The picture was taken at the AAC Museum at Eglin Air Force Base (my last duty station)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dschvy (Post 39465)
You must be right around the corner from us in Kiln Creek. From your avatar, looks like you're Air Force? I retired out of HQ ACC at Langley, well, a long time ago. Welcome to the Peninsula!

WKMCD 06-23-2010 8:15am

Welcome to VA!

1TZSLO 06-23-2010 11:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 39471)
Welcome to VA!

:above:

YorkL8apex 06-23-2010 7:05pm

:welcome:

We moved up from Orlando about 13 years ago and have been in the Tabb and Poquoson area since then.

Traffic East, West, North, and South pretty much sucks but other than that the area is pretty cool for motorheads:cool2:

FoleyZ06 06-23-2010 7:44pm

Traffic is definitely a culture shock from Destin/Fort Walton area, but atleast the V can stretch a little...

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkL8apex (Post 39521)
:welcome:

We moved up from Orlando about 13 years ago and have been in the Tabb and Poquoson area since then.

Traffic East, West, North, and South pretty much sucks but other than that the area is pretty cool for motorheads:cool2:

FoleyZ06 06-23-2010 7:49pm

I am right off of Kiln Creek...gotta love it though, the last few nights punks have been breaking into vehicles and snatching/grabbing whatever they can get...looks like they are jumping the fence coming from across the golf course in the hotel parking lots.

Might have to have a recon mission with my NVGs and .45...sit and wait and then place the red dot right at center mass...that would get their attention...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dschvy (Post 39465)

4dschvy 06-23-2010 8:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoleyCTS-V (Post 39470)
You bet, Air Force...turned 20 years of service this past January, so now I have options :cheers:

I will be taking command of one of the squadrons on 7 Jul.

The picture was taken at the AAC Museum at Eglin Air Force Base (my last duty station)...

Congratulations on your command! And yes, it's nice to have options.

thegreenman 06-24-2010 12:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoleyCTS-V (Post 39525)
I am right off of Kiln Creek...gotta love it though, the last few nights punks have been breaking into vehicles and snatching/grabbing whatever they can get...looks like they are jumping the fence coming from across the golf course in the hotel parking lots.

Might have to have a recon mission with my NVGs and .45...sit and wait and then place the red dot right at center mass...that would get their attention...

Unfortunately this isn't uncommon around here. Hang in there, in a few days you won't need the NVG or .45.

FoleyZ06 06-24-2010 8:56am

Roger that,

It was funny, last night Tiff and I hit the pool late and then I stuck around to smoke a cigar...there were other hotel residents out late walking the parking lots, community watch...

Looking like we will move in on the 30th...

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 39554)
Unfortunately this isn't uncommon around here. Hang in there, in a few days you won't need the NVG or .45.