The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Looks like we are back in space (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124096)

thecornerman 11-15-2020 8:04pm

Looks like we are back in space

Looks like we won't have to rely on the Russians anymore

SpaceX launch live updates: Dragon Crew-1 capsule launches, NASA’s first ‘operational’ mission of commercial crew program - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...updates-crew1/

LisaJohn 11-15-2020 8:07pm

We watched it.

Jeff '79 11-15-2020 8:07pm

:cool1:Launch

Bill 11-15-2020 8:11pm

I'm concerned that this will have a deleterious impact on NASA's Muslim outreach efforts, which was NASA's primary focus during the O years. Focus on the mission, people.

z06psi 11-15-2020 8:13pm

I actually could see it.

Steve_R 11-15-2020 8:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1822980)
I actually could see it.

Same here. :seasix:

Dan Dlabay 11-15-2020 9:05pm

Not much media coverage.:cert:

markids77 11-15-2020 9:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1823020)
Not much media coverage.:cert:

The launch does not further the MSM current narrative... which seems to include only the election and the virus. I wonder if the Palestinians are still lobbing missiles into Israel, or if Kim is still building and testing ever larger missiles, or if Iran is continuing to enrich uranium, or if Isis is still extinct, or if Brexit is still a thing or if the Greek currency has collapsed totally yet. You know, events which might also impact us here at home as well and be of consequence to we the people.

Rob 11-15-2020 9:34pm

Simpleman68 and I watched it with my wife and kids.

And ate hot chicken.

BOTY 11-15-2020 10:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1823041)

And ate hot chicken.

:hurray: Nice.

BOTY 11-15-2020 10:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1823039)
The launch does not further the MSM current narrative... which seems to include only the election and the virus. I wonder if the Palestinians are still lobbing missiles into Israel, or if Kim is still building and testing ever larger missiles, or if Iran is continuing to enrich uranium, or if Isis is still extinct, or if Brexit is still a thing or if the Greek currency has collapsed totally yet. You know, events which might also impact us here at home as well and be of consequence to we the people.

You need to stop with all that factual meandering. :yesnod:

Rikki Z-06 11-15-2020 10:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1823041)

And ate hot chicken.

:seasix:

ThePirate 11-16-2020 1:49pm

A launch is always spectacular here on the Space Coast.

Iron Chef 11-17-2020 7:39am

Not exactly a Saturn V is it? :D

It's about damn time. I'm amazed at how things have changed in the years since the Shuttle stopped flying. The suits actually look comfortable. The capsule used to be wall-to-wall switches. Now, three monitors. Crew sits comfortably. Even Mission Control has a different look.

Artemis, the next moon launch, is going to use the Space Launch System which will be more powerful than the Saturn V and will look a lot more like the traditional Apollo capsule setup some of us were used to seeing. Very excited to see that one launch.

Mike Mercury 11-17-2020 9:57am

update:

Quote:

SpaceX’s newly launched capsule with four astronauts arrived Monday at the International Space Station, their new home until spring. The Dragon capsule pulled up and docked late Monday night, following a 27-hour, completely automated flight from NASA's Kennedy Space Center, the AP reports. The linkup occurred 262 miles above Idaho. “Oh, what a good voice to hear,” space station astronaut Kate Rubins called out when the Dragon's commander, Mike Hopkins, first made radio contact. “We can’t wait to have you on board,” she added after the two spacecraft were latched together.