The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Corvette Press Release (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119729)

C5SilverBullet 07-08-2019 10:04am

Corvette Press Release
 
1 Attachment(s)
This reveal time is total bull shit.

It is the middle of the night for 95% of the country.

DAB 07-08-2019 10:09am

Iím in bed by 10.

snide 07-08-2019 10:13am

Yeah, I don't think I'm excited enough about the new Corvette to stay up to watch the reveal. I can read about it the next day. :)

While I've been a huge Corvette fan since I was a kid, the C7 does nothing for me. Will the C8 knock my socks off? Well, I suspect that since I don't fit in the C7, I probably won't fit in the C8 either. Therefore, I'm not getting too excited.

:cheers:

snide 07-08-2019 10:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1675679)
Iím in bed by 10.

Aren't you in the same timezone as Commiefornia? :bigears:

04 commemorative 07-08-2019 10:14am

Wish I still had my C5

snide 07-08-2019 10:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1675685)
Wish I still had my C5

:slap:

Millenium Vette 07-08-2019 11:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet (Post 1675678)
This reveal time is total bull shit.

It is the middle of the night for 95% of the country.

Nothing new here, Chevrolet/GM has been doing stupid shit like this since at least 1932.

:cert:

Dan Dlabay 07-08-2019 1:10pm

Pictures and film is one thing, but I will have to see the actual car before I make a honest opinion of it. So I won't stay up to watch it.:cert:

DAB 07-08-2019 1:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1675684)
Aren't you in the same timezone as Commiefornia? :bigears:

Mountain time. 2 hours off east coast.

datawiz 07-08-2019 1:31pm

Considering I'm a Vette guy, the renderings I've seen so far don't offend me, and Supra let me down, and quite frankly, nothing on the entire market (new) interests me, and the timing financially will be right for me, I'm pretty sure I'll pull the trigger on a C8. I won't want that C8 forever like my C6Z's, but that'll buy me time for GM to solve most problems and bring out the C8Z or ZR1, which I may jump on down the road.

As Snide says...as long as I fit. C7 for me, both vert and coupe, is extremely tight.

Mike Mercury 07-08-2019 1:36pm

My biggest fear is that GM - in attempting to mfgr an "affordable" ME - that it won't look exotic enough.

that "leaked"rear end shot... looks like a Camaro with a ground-effects body-kit added. Not exotic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1675685)
Wish I still had my C5

There's plenty out there, with low mileage.

I looked at one with my brother this early spring... 2002 Vert with 29k miles. Looked & drove like new.

snide 07-08-2019 2:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1675709)
Considering I'm a Vette guy, the renderings I've seen so far don't offend me, and Supra let me down, and quite frankly, nothing on the entire market (new) interests me, and the timing financially will be right for me, I'm pretty sure I'll pull the trigger on a C8. I won't want that C8 forever like my C6Z's, but that'll buy me time for GM to solve most problems and bring out the C8Z or ZR1, which I may jump on down the road.

As Snide says...as long as I fit. C7 for me, both vert and coupe, is extremely tight.

My C5 vert fit like a glove. My C6 Z06 was snug, but comfortable. Couldn't fit in a C7 - knees rubbing up against the dash. Getting in and out was not pretty.

My 'Mero fits well, and I have plenty of legroom. If the C8 turns out to be a disappointment to me, then I may just look for another C5 or C6 when I'm ready to get back into a Vette.

Mike Mercury 07-08-2019 2:34pm

C5's IMO will be well regarded for decades to come. It was the start of the modern Corvette; hydroformed frame... rear transaxle... LSx engine.

NEED-A-VETTE 07-08-2019 2:37pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet (Post 1675678)
This reveal time is total bull shit.

It is the middle of the night for 95% of the country.

Attachment 28475

aerovette 07-08-2019 3:34pm

The reveal should have the camo on it still. :rofl:

I think the order sheet should offer black and white camo as an available color.

We've all gotten so used to it, that seeing it in a solid color will look odd.

aerovette 07-08-2019 3:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1675685)
Wish I still had my C5

I wish I had your C5 too.

...or mine.

C5SilverBullet 07-08-2019 4:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1675720)

:slap:

04 commemorative 07-08-2019 8:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1675718)
C5's IMO will be well regarded for decades to come. It was the start of the modern Corvette; hydroformed frame... rear transaxle... LSx engine.

and last of the hidden headlights :seasix:

bsmith 07-08-2019 9:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1675685)
Wish I still had my C5

It took a lot of pimping that car on both forums to sell it. :lol:

Olustee bus 07-08-2019 9:35pm

I have trouble getting in, out or sitting in my c2. Should i consider a c8?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:36pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2020 The Vette Barn